Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He was happy to just stay in the league was his biggest problem? Like pretty much 12 other teams in the league? 

This is like listening to fans of other clubs telling me that Rodgers is absolutely dynamite and we'd be nothing without him lol

Painful stuff

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Why? We’ve already achieved what they crave without being used for sports washing by selling the soul to an oil state with a dodgy human rights record. Quite glad we don’t have that on us.

Mmmm,

I'm going to unpopular on here, but...

THAILAND 2021

The government redoubled its efforts to restrict the rights to freedom of expression and peaceful assembly. Police used excessive force against protesters. Authorities judicially harassed and arbitrarily detained pro-democracy activists and human rights defenders. Proposed legislation on torture and enforced disappearance did not comply with Thailand’s international human rights obligations. Authorities increased the use of lèse-majesté laws and criminally accused at least 100 people, including children, of defaming the monarchy.

Riot police used excessive force during the protests, indiscriminately firing rubber bullets and tear gas canisters at short range towards protesters, bystanders and journalists. Many described being kicked, hit with batons and restrained for hours in tight plastic wrist cuffs, both on arrest and while in detention. Authorities often did not disclose where individuals were detained and delayed their access to lawyers.1

Live ammunition was used against protesters outside a police station in the capital, Bangkok, in August. Although police denied using live rounds, a 15-year-old-boy was shot in the neck and left paralyzed for three months before he died. Two other boys, aged 14 and 16, also suffered gunshot injuries.2

From August to September, at least 270 children, including a 12-year-old boy, were charged as a result of their participation in protests. Some of them were prosecuted under lèse-majesté or other provisions of the Criminal Code

In August, Jiraphong Thanapat died after being tortured at Muang Nakhon Sawan police station. Video evidence showed police officers suffocating him by placing a plastic bag over his head until he collapsed.

Source: www.amnesty.org/en/location/asia-and-the-pacific/south-east-asia-and-the-pacific/thailand/report-thailand/

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He was happy to just stay in the league was his biggest problem? Like pretty much 12 other teams in the league? 

Their fans deserved better. I did also say he had no ambition, take, take, take. Some clubs are probably ‘happy to stay in the league’. 
Newcastle are not Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford,  or a newly promoted side, just happy to take the dosh & disappear again. 

2 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Their fans deserved better. I did also say he had no ambition, take, take, take. Some clubs are probably ‘happy to stay in the league’. 
Newcastle are not Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford,  or a newly promoted side, just happy to take the dosh & disappear again. 

They deserve no more than anyone else. If the worst thing he did was try and just keep them in the league then was it SO bad? There's really 2 teams that do compete for the league. Unless you have obscene wealth its not going to happen. They deserve to be in those 2 spots no more than anyone else. 

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

This is like listening to fans of other clubs telling me that Rodgers is absolutely dynamite and we'd be nothing without him lol

Painful stuff

He said his biggest mistake was being happy to be a prem club. Pretty much every club in the league are. Bar 6. 

32 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Mmmm,

I'm going to unpopular on here, but...

THAILAND 2021

The government redoubled its efforts to restrict the rights to freedom of expression and peaceful assembly. Police used excessive force against protesters. Authorities judicially harassed and arbitrarily detained pro-democracy activists and human rights defenders. Proposed legislation on torture and enforced disappearance did not comply with Thailand’s international human rights obligations. Authorities increased the use of lèse-majesté laws and criminally accused at least 100 people, including children, of defaming the monarchy.

Riot police used excessive force during the protests, indiscriminately firing rubber bullets and tear gas canisters at short range towards protesters, bystanders and journalists. Many described being kicked, hit with batons and restrained for hours in tight plastic wrist cuffs, both on arrest and while in detention. Authorities often did not disclose where individuals were detained and delayed their access to lawyers.1

Live ammunition was used against protesters outside a police station in the capital, Bangkok, in August. Although police denied using live rounds, a 15-year-old-boy was shot in the neck and left paralyzed for three months before he died. Two other boys, aged 14 and 16, also suffered gunshot injuries.2

From August to September, at least 270 children, including a 12-year-old boy, were charged as a result of their participation in protests. Some of them were prosecuted under lèse-majesté or other provisions of the Criminal Code

In August, Jiraphong Thanapat died after being tortured at Muang Nakhon Sawan police station. Video evidence showed police officers suffocating him by placing a plastic bag over his head until he collapsed.

Source: www.amnesty.org/en/location/asia-and-the-pacific/south-east-asia-and-the-pacific/thailand/report-thailand/

Yeah. We’re not owned by Thailand though.

King Power themselves are not organising torture/clamping or restricting free speech (that I know of anyway).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Yeah. We’re not owned by Thailand though.

King Power themselves are not organising torture/clamping or restricting free speech (that I know of anyway).

Fair enough. And I stand corrected in terms of our owners not being part of the ruling government. Thailand though, is not so squeaky clean either.

Anyway, let's move on...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Gotta hand it to Eddie Howe. He's got the Newcastle players working our their skin for success. Joelinton, Almiron etc absoutely grafting for the team

Both of whom did little under Steve Bruce. That myth that Newcastle couldn't do better than him well and truly debunked. 

Of course he's been helped by high level finance but improving players already at a club proves the worth.

So out of the 3 teams we've beaten who looked the worst? All created a few chances but were wwastefulamd then tragic at the back. Could quite easily see them being the 3 to drop

Despite Notts forests surprise result yesterday I still think they're the weakest side in the league

Edited by foxfanazer

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

So out of the 3 teams we've beaten who looked the worst? All created a few chances but were wwastefulamd then tragic at the back. Could quite easily see them being the 3 to drop

Despite Notts forests surprise result yesterday I still think they're the weakest side in the league

Forest are by far the weakest, and despite their result yesterday I think they’ll go.

Wolves you just can’t see them scoring, they look so toothless going forwards and disorganised at the back.

Leeds see just poorly coached, Marsch is so far out of his depth it’s not funny. I think I read somewhere he’s only won 2 matches since he arrived where he wasn’t playing against 10 men. His Ted Lasso style everything is great routine is taking them down fast.

There are a few teams struggling, but always feel like Southampton, Bournemouth, Villa and Palace along with us, will win enough games to move forward.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Palace, for me. Considering the attacking talent they had, they were shite. 

Leeds have their injuries, Wolves don't generally score at home anyway. 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Newcastle doing well. Can't wait til they implode.

As much as I hope this to happen, I think the likelihood is they get stronger from here. 

The people running the PL have been shocking, but allowing Saudi Arabia to run Newcastle is arguably their most egregious. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We didn’t beat Palace 

• Like 2

If we hadn’t dropped any points after going ahead we’d be 3rd. lol 

I know it’s if and buts, and inevitably there will be times when you drop points in winning positions, but that is absurd. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How can you say Palace were the worst when they were defensively the best of the lot by some distance and we pumped two sides 4-0?!

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

We didn’t beat Palace 

5 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

How can you say Palace were the worst when they were defensively the best of the lot by some distance and we pumped two sides 4-0?!

Misread it. Apologies.