Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Very congested table this season. Those who started well have tailed off and others at the bottom are now picking up results. 

Crazy after our start that were only 4 points off Brighton and 3 off the top half. Games in hand skew it a bit but the two games after Man City could see us looking ok going into the world cup break. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Luke Ayling unironically high-fiving his team-mate for putting a shot five yards wide at 1-1 is the most 'coached by an American' thing I've seen in all my time watching Premier League footy. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Fulham look vibrant again but Leeds?? Where did that performance v Arsenal come from, maybe it’s an analysis thing and they’ve been sussed out now but luckily for us if Fulham and Bournemouth keep picking up points we need some others to struggle, Leeds, Wolves and Villa starting to fit the role.

4 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Luke Ayling unironically high-fiving his team-mate for putting a shot five yards wide at 1-1 is the most 'coached by an American' thing I've seen in all my time watching Premier League footy. lol

Yee-ha, a close distance shot attemption process achievement, high-five ! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Newcastle are the Newboys on the block….

West Ham & Leicester have had their go, might even comeback for more.

Newcastle more than the 2 previous have more financial clout & a new breeze is

blowing…Interesting season with gale winds, or just big puffs of expectation.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Fulham look vibrant again but Leeds?? Where did that performance v Arsenal come from, maybe it’s an analysis thing and they’ve been sussed out now but luckily for us if Fulham and Bournemouth keep picking up points we need some others to struggle, Leeds, Wolves and Villa starting to fit the role.

Whoops, just seen their result but it had looked like they were on a slide. :dunno:

31 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

what until they become elite? i don’t get this attitude… man city we’re just man city before the arabs came… now they are considered the elite. 

They aren’t a small club taking on the goliaths, they are just as disgusting…sorry no, more disgusting than the lot of them 

I've never had a problem with them and it isn't the fans fault who took them over

I'd much rather see them take European spots off genuinely hateful clubs like Liverpool or Arsenal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

what until they become elite? i don’t get this attitude… man city we’re just man city before the arabs came… now they are considered the elite. 

They aren’t a small club taking on the goliaths, they are just as disgusting…sorry no, more disgusting than the lot of them 

So, who are the "elite" then? Barca? PSG? Bayern Munich? All massively funded by foreign money being invested in a business for profit.

No club succeeds without massive investment. There is no "elite". It's just big bucks financing success and reaping profit from their investment.

The investors aren't in it for the love of football or the club they finance. They're in it for the money. Simple as.

Edited by Parafox

22 minutes ago, Parafox said:

So, who are the "elite" then? Barca? PSG? Bayern Munich? All massively funded by foreign money being invested in a business for profit.

No club succeeds without massive investment. There is no "elite". It's just big bucks financing success and reaping profit from their investment.

The investors aren't in it for the love of football or the club they finance. They're in it for the money. Simple as.

that was my point. The op was saying that newcastle were challenging the elite and i was pointing out that theres no difference between them. 

Personally i respect clubs like spurs, arsenal and liverpool far more because they’ve earnt their place rather than just throwing money until it sticks. If newcastle just gradually grew into a top 6 team and then got money i’d 100% be routing for them. But i don’t see why anyone would want them to. They will just be another man city over time 

• Like 1

Newcastle are by far and away the richest football club in the world.

I think the other 91 clubs English league clubs combined owner wealth would struggle to surpass them. 

However the unique thing about the Premier League is how competitive it is, compared to other leagues. In one way, once you’re a Billionaire, you’re a Billionaire. 

Barnsley, Sunderland, Salford, WBA, Stoke, QPR, PNE and Bristol City all have wealthier owners than us, yet they don’t have a seat at the top table. 

Football is nothing without the fans and you need the fans otherwise it’s just run pot. At least Newcastle have that. 

Forbes have “Top” as the 494th richest person in the world. A big drop off from 2019. His wealth dropped from $5.9m to $1.7m (suspected today according to them).

https://www.forbes.com/profile/aiyawatt-srivaddhanaprabha/?sh=36edf68d712e

https://www.forbes.com/billionaires/

One of the main reasons for the drop off in wealth is the pandemic, which has seen turnover for the King Power group decline. I’d expect that to increase again, now that tourism is increasing. 

2021 €512
2020 €907
2019 €2,670
2018 €2,428
2017 €2,141
2016 €2,003
2015 €1,971
2014 €1,179
2013 €1,122

7 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Very congested table this season. Those who started well have tailed off and others at the bottom are now picking up results. 

Crazy after our start that were only 4 points off Brighton and 3 off the top half. Games in hand skew it a bit but the two games after Man City could see us looking ok going into the world cup break. 

LOL Our fixtures r difficult at first and v easy recently. Cannot jump into conclusion . I cannot see us getting points against better teams if we continue to allow opponents to shoot easily 

On 21/10/2022 at 13:52, BenTheFox said:

Everything that is bad about Rodgers ie. the lack of defensive organisation, throwing away leads, conceding from set pieces and stupid post-match comments or applicable to Martinez and then some. He is the actual nightmare for me. 

For some reason people want the same type of manager as what we got now.

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

For some reason people want the same type of manager as what we got now.

I understand that he would be in many ways a continuity appointment. However, I could never get excited about having a manager who completely neglects one side of the game. He makes Rodgers look like Simeone. 

8 hours ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Potentially Bottom with a loss, potential top 10 with a win.

playing Man City 

Leeds are away at Liverpool and Forest are away at Arsenal.

Yet again people only looking at our fixtures and thinking we've got the only tough game.