Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Not every club makes as much fan fare about it as wolves did. You couldn't find anyone inside of Wolverhampton even considering anything other than winning champions leagues in a couple of years. 

They've got history for doing that. Exactly same thing happened when Jack Hayward took over in the 90s. Personally never liked Wolves from the Steve Bull days.

Bugger. Know the Arsenal job didn't go perfectly but it was always going to be difficult following straight after Wenger, unfairly ripped at by the media for his accent, which was a tad racist .... proven great coach at European level, knows the League, good age, seems a nice chap. Would've wanted Emery had Rodgers left.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Emery is possibly better than pochettino dare we say. Correct me if wrong won the europa league three times?

Yup. I watch the Spanish league often. He's been very good here in Spain. Very impressive both at sevilla and Villarreal. He. Works best when he doesn't have infinite resources though. I think, language issues aside he'd do well at villa though. Tbh, i don't understand why he's leaving Villarreal, villa is a much bigger risk 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Emery is possibly better than pochettino dare we say. Correct me if wrong won the europa league three times?

Yep he is. Far better track record. If you went solely on what has happened in England you'd take Pochettino but there's more to the game. Emery is a coup for them, frequently gets a team playing above the sum of its parts.

18 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Yup. I watch the Spanish league often. He's been very good here in Spain. Very impressive both at sevilla and Villarreal. He. Works best when he doesn't have infinite resources though. I think, language issues aside he'd do well at villa though. Tbh, i don't understand why he's leaving Villarreal, villa is a much bigger risk 

PL challenge....most foreign managers,

Want a crack at it, he will want another..

This will be Villa's turning point...Also for future seasons..regular top 8..??

I think when he joined Arsenal there was huge displine problem. Too many players with big egos who thought they were bigger than the club. I think Emery just couldn't handle them. Villa different kettle of fish, the players quite well displined. A young side with bags of potitental. This probably villa's best appointment since O'Neil. 

Just now, Unabomber said:

I hope people don’t start the disrespectful “good ebening” shit up again. Proper cringe that.

This 100%.

Guy who's second language is English in mispronouncing an English word shocker.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Aston Villa with yet another out the box signing/ appointment.

Foxestalk says they're jealous.

Theyll still be shite in a year. He was an absolute disaster over here and that squad has a ridiculous amount of ego.

46 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Correct me if wrong won the europa league three times?

Yes 3 consecutive seasons, we was the first team to beat them in a European knockout game in 4 years when we played them in the champions league