Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Maybe beat some teams that are not relegation candidates !!

We've beaten Forest & Wolves and that makes him a top Manager !! C'mon !!

His team selection & substitutions are very uninspiring so far & the team has deteriorated under his stewardship.

Managers are normally judged over longer periods of time than 12 games...

9 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Didn’t West Ham get three VAR decisions in their last home against Fulham too?

I thought the guidance now was that if a player is falling and they’re arm between their body and the floor then it’s not an unnatural position.

Cause they are a massive London club they will get the rub of the green and the officials get away with it

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Managers are normally judged over longer periods of time than 12 games...

Meanwhile, people are yelling that Wardy should start in the WC/We have a great no.1 now, becoz he plays fine for 2 matches and did well in 1 match, and ignore the first 9 matches where he was as poor as Roberto in West Ham. 🤣🤣

Emery going to Villa hopefully puts to bed the clamour for people like Dyche and Benetiz coming here, for the reasons that they would be the only people interested and the only people capable of turning around a heavily underperforming team.

Villa, Wolves, Bournemouth and Southampton (if it's to be believed that they are on the hunt for their next manager) haven't stooped that low and neither should we.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Emery going to Villa hopefully puts to bed the clamour for people like Dyche and Benetiz coming here, for the reasons that they would be the only people interested and the only people capable of turning around a heavily underperforming team.

Villa, Wolves, Bournemouth and Southampton (if it's to be believed that they are on the hunt for their next manager) haven't stooped that low and neither should we.

Nothing seems to stop people asking for Dyche for some reason. 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Some players have been sent off for far less

You can only assume the ref has done what they seem to always do and bottle giving out reds for tackles like that where full contact isn't made, despite the only reason for that being that the West Ham player does well to react.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

This is what annoys me when results are punished rather than the challenge itself.  That should be a minimum 3 game ban if not more. Yet if somebody make a genuinely fair attempt at a ball and accidentally catches a player who comes off with a bad injury, then they'll get a red.

Did that really get looked at by people with VAR and not have a red given??

I don't even recall it being looked at by VAR! 

It's actually worse if it did get looked at and then still decided it wasn't a red. 

And perhaps equally worse if it wasn't even prompted to be looked at. 

They've based it solely on Scamacca's reaction, or lack of. Not how it should be because that in itself just prompts players to go down. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I don't even recall it being looked at by VAR! 

It's actually worse if it did get looked at and then still decided it wasn't a red. 

And perhaps equally worse if it wasn't even prompted to be looked at. 

They've based it solely on Scamacca's reaction, or lack of. Not how it should be because that in itself just prompts players to go down. 

The commentators sounded quite chilled out about the challenge as well lol

I just know Alan Smith would be baying for blood if that was one of his beloved Arsenal players on the receiving end

41 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's a red because he's out of control and lunging but that angle makes it look much worse than it was IMO.

He's trying to get his legs ahead of Scamacca to block the ball rather than trying to directly tackle the ball at Scamacca's feet.

• Like 1

I didn't know this but Wolves have scored 5 league goals in 12 games. WTF is that?? We are bad but we've scored 21 goals in 12 league games. Of all the teams near the bottom, they must be near certain for relegation. Unless they appoint a good manager soon to rectify this. @The Bear

30 minutes ago, Koke said:

I didn't know this but Wolves have scored 5 league goals in 12 games. WTF is that?? We are bad but we've scored 21 goals in 12 league games. Of all the teams near the bottom, they must be near certain for relegation. Unless they appoint a good manager soon to rectify this. @The Bear

Wolves and Leeds were the worse two sides I've seen all season. Not sure who's worse.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Mike Dean retires from refereeing, yet still manages to mess up the games! 

I genuinely believe some old school refs still have the notion of ‘I got this one wrong, so I need to level it out’ 

Some absolute honking calls and I wasn’t surprised a bit that it was him on var 

4 hours ago, Ricey said:

I think some of those teams would be better off if they appointed Dyche.