Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

21 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Apparently took a picture of a disabled person walking with a limp or something and posted that  to a friend via text who took offence and reported him - maybe had a disabled relative themselves or something ?

Hardly a big crime I guess although enough to get him banned originally.

What changed..

I don't know if it's a big crime or whatever but even the slightest act of discrimination is plain stupid and shows the real colours of the individual. There are certain jobs you need to have integrity and strong moral principles. One of them is being a top flight ref. I know it's not an ideal world and I'm asking too much but given the fact that officiating is already a joke I wouldn't personally take him back as a ref. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

So funny seeing people criticise Burnley and Dyche for so long and now the same people wanting him as our next manager.

Tried to make a mental note of anyone on here wanting Dyche in - complete weirdos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

So funny seeing people criticise Burnley and Dyche for so long and now the same people wanting him as our next manager.

There is no way Top ever calls Dyche for the position. Even if we're sinking and drowning straight to Championship. 

Some of our fans wanted Vardy out a few years ago. It happens to the fanbase of every team because of the emotions. At least the sensible voices are louder here I think. 

Rodgers is on borrowed time, has been for a while. 

We’ll employ a coach with similar principles when it does happen. 

So that rules out the likes of Dyche, Allardyce, Pullis etc 

• Like 1

On 26/10/2022 at 10:32, ARTY_FOX said:

Oh god. Controversy aside. He was an astonishingly bad referee. The worst of what was generally bad bunch by a long long way and include John Moss in that. 

Can you give any examples as to what makes you come to this conclusion, please?

I seem to have become somewhat of a referee defender on here and I don't want to trudge through it all again, but this kind of stuff gets me a bit. We all seem to just flob out this kind of summation of referees. I don't know anyone who rates any referee, they're just there as a place to abuse and call useless. A referee might make every decision correct in a game and I suspect biased fans would call him useless tbh.

If you have examples of mistakes he's made on a consistent basis I'd welcome them. As mentioned before, referees are human and are imperfect, they will make mistakes. There are also many examples of subjective decisions that we view with rose tinted spectacles, so it'd be good to know what constitutes "astonishingly bad referee" from you?

Looking forward to what you think, and if there are any referees you rate.

18 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Can you give any examples as to what makes you come to this conclusion, please?

I seem to have become somewhat of a referee defender on here and I don't want to trudge through it all again, but this kind of stuff gets me a bit. We all seem to just flob out this kind of summation of referees. I don't know anyone who rates any referee, they're just there as a place to abuse and call useless. A referee might make every decision correct in a game and I suspect biased fans would call him useless tbh.

If you have examples of mistakes he's made on a consistent basis I'd welcome them. As mentioned before, referees are human and are imperfect, they will make mistakes. There are also many examples of subjective decisions that we view with rose tinted spectacles, so it'd be good to know what constitutes "astonishingly bad referee" from you?

Looking forward to what you think, and if there are any referees you rate.

I do rate quite a few to be fair. Oliver being the best imo. 

Maybe because I started to look for it, but then there's a reason I noticed enough to start looking for it, he made a game changing decision in almost every game that was incorrect. He made decisions based on guesses (such as the one against dyer vs spurs when his vision was blocked). It was even starting to be pointed out on various football programs towards the end of his reign of terror that he would constantly make huge decisions (penalties, red cards ect) when he couldn't see what had happened and was generally incorrect. 

I'll go into more detail at some point when I'm not at work. But there's a fair few instances that I can go into off of the top of my head. I'm sure I posted on here boring everyone by moaning about him making a massive mistake every game aswell. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

I’m as big a critic of referee gaffs as anyone on here but don’t knock it too much till you try it. I reffed my 10 year olds kids game yesterday lol and it was humbling to say the least. There were moments I didn’t see or couldn’t see an incident, I made couple of incorrect calls on fouls etc. now of course I’m not trained but still it’s a craft and not everyone can do it. So have some sympathy for these guys performing under immense pressure.

• Like 2

On 25/10/2022 at 18:09, Dan LCFC said:

They'll win at Brighton I reckon.

Such a tight league at the moment two wins you can go from the bottom to the top ten. While lose a couple your in the relegation scrap. Ever since Potter left Brighton have been slipping down the table. Don't rule them being possible relegation candidates.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

I’m as big a critic of referee gaffs as anyone on here but don’t knock it too much till you try it. I reffed my 10 year olds kids game yesterday lol and it was humbling to say the least. There were moments I didn’t see or couldn’t see an incident, I made couple of incorrect calls on fouls etc. now of course I’m not trained but still it’s a craft and not everyone can do it. So have some sympathy for these guys performing under immense pressure.

I've done it too, would recommend anyone to have a go and see how difficult it is. 

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Such a tight league at the moment two wins you can go from the bottom to the top ten. While lose a couple your in the relegation scrap. Ever since Potter left Brighton have been slipping down the table. Don't rule them being possible relegation candidates.

I think I'll rule it out.

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I think I'll rule it out.

Not so sure, 5 games since Potter left no wins, 2 draws, and 3 losses. 1 goal scored in 4 games.

Even under Potter, their squad had a knack for going on long runs of poor form. 

They were 12 points ahead of us when Potter left, and that's been cut to 4 in those 5 games 

23 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

No touchline ban for Klopp - does it set a benchmark that you can do that and pretty much get away with just a fine ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63417427

Or does he get away with a fine as Klopp is a big name but a lesser one would be punished .

It's because it's Klopp.

I'm sure Pearson got a ban for less.

On 26/10/2022 at 13:05, Super_horns said:

Apparently took a picture of a disabled person walking with a limp or something and posted that  to a friend via text who took offence and reported him - maybe had a disabled relative themselves or something ?

Hardly a big crime I guess although enough to get him banned originally.

What changed..

“He did, though, confirm that after being taunted about his weight and not taking part in the parents’ race at his daughter’s sports day, he recorded a six- second Snapchat clip of someone with a walking impairment passing his car.

He captioned the clip ‘f**k me I have a chance of winning the parents race this year,’ sent it as a private message to an unnamed person who then passed it on, following an argument over a family matter with Madley. This led to his dismissal ‘with immediate effect for gross misconduct on grounds of discrimination.’”

From the daily fail

5 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Did similar. Reffed an u/15s pre season freindly. A friendly ffs. You have to have eyes in the back of your head, and you do this weird replay in your head of a potential foul to analyse it before making a decision. You second guess and doubt every decision you make.  Plus, u note as a player, you can't decide to have 2 mins breather wandering about nit being involved. The game moves, you move. 

It's helluva job, but also rewarding. I felt i had a great game!

• Like 1

I find myself wondering if fulham will get caught out eventually. They remind me of bielsla’s Leeds. They are built in a way that seems to ignore defending and has such low quality at the back end but nobody has put them to the sword yet. 

Maybe their approach is a little more balanced. Maybe i’ve missed it but they’ve not got anywhere near the praise ‘manager of the year nominee Bielsla’ got for coming up and attacking with intent 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I find myself wondering if fulham will get caught out eventually. They remind me of bielsla’s Leeds. They are built in a way that seems to ignore defending and has such low quality at the back end but nobody has put them to the sword yet. 

Maybe their approach is a little more balanced. Maybe i’ve missed it but they’ve not got anywhere near the praise ‘manager of the year nominee Bielsla’ got for coming up and attacking with intent 

Yes, their defence hasn’t improved in personnel. 

They might be able to ride the wave and get someone in January if they keep it up. 

8 hours ago, Super_horns said:

No touchline ban for Klopp - does it set a benchmark that you can do that and pretty much get away with just a fine ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63417427

Or does he get away with a fine as Klopp is a big name but a lesser one would be punished like the Leeds guy.

Because it's Liverpool basically.

14 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

I don't think anyone minds refs making the odd mistake, but when you are trained and you're reffing at the highest level as a full time occupation you shouldn't be making the amount of game changing errors that madley did. You're supposed to be the best the country has to offer. 

I've been referee of a couple of games. It's pretty fun for the most part. 

• Like 2

On 26/10/2022 at 20:29, Sly said:

Rodgers is on borrowed time, has been for a while. 

We’ll employ a coach with similar principles when it does happen. 

So that rules out the likes of Dyche, Allardyce, Pullis etc 

I’m really not too sure what his principles are. If you mean character, he has let himself badly at times. Egotistical, blameless, baffling excuses & pretty poor tactically. 

4 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I don't think anyone minds refs making the odd mistake, but when you are trained and you're reffing at the highest level as a full time occupation you shouldn't be making the amount of game changing errors that madley did. You're supposed to be the best the country has to offer. 

I've been referee of a couple of games. It's pretty fun for the most part. 

This. If you have a good level of fitness and good positioning, officiating in football is pure fun. If you earn a lot of money from it it's even better. Most ref mistakes come from bad positioning and them not being able to read the play ahead. Especially in top level football most of the times you know where the next pass will go as there are certain patterns the teams use.