Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Exactly.

If and when found guilty, they can rot in hell.

But before that, it's harsh.

It's pretty close to home with our own club, remember the (was it) Malaga 6? 

It's very difficult to maintain anonymity anyway as if this becomes an ongoing case then it's very unlikely the accused will be playing through it, but the actual reporting of it is a bit distasteful

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Exactly.

If and when found guilty, they can rot in hell.

But before that, it's harsh.

It's pretty close to home with our own club, remember the (was it) Malaga 6? 

In the end though, it wasn’t. It was two women making up a story for financial gain. Also, La Manga! 

19 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I will say it does seem very odd that they're not naming the accused yet they're giving enough data for you to be able to narrow down the search and speculate on who it is like some sort of pub quiz 

Potential jeopardy of the case as well as a potential defamation of character if insufficient evidence to charge. 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

In the end though, it wasn’t. It was two women making up a story for financial gain. Also, La Manga! 

But could you imagine if that happened today, with social media?

You should always be innocent before proven guilty. 

That's all I'm saying.

These allegations ruin lives.

I'm not condoning anything at all.

Justice should prevail.

6 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

But could you imagine if that happened today, with social media?

You should always be innocent before proven guilty. 

That's all I'm saying.

These allegations ruin lives.

I'm not condoning anything at all.

Justice should prevail.

Absolutely agree. Which is why it’s a good thing that anonymity is key. 

• Like 1

It’s worth noting that when it’s this high profile, it wouldn’t make the news if it wasn’t already a foregone conclusion these days. 

You only have to look at the last couple of things that have happened. Gylfi, Mendy.. to some extent Greenwood. 

The allegation side of things will be done behind closed doors and secretive, injunctions taken out to ensure no press until it’s got to the point where a charge is laid. 

Just my thoughts anyway!

Guest Col city fan

Just like last season, I think this season hinges on us not getting injuries to key players.

It looks like we aren’t going to be signing obvious ‘first teamers’ and will rely on our squad.

I maintain, if we can field our first 11 most weeks, we‘ll be ok and will probably finish about the same this term.

However, lose our best players again to injury and we’ll struggle even more this season I think. Especially to the defence. 
If we end up having to rely again for any length of time on the Cags/Big Dan CB combo, having not signed better, I’ll throw something at the tele and swear profusely. 
‘Villa have strengthened, Palace have strengthened, The Saints have strengthened, Newcastle, West Ham, Arsenal… all of them are bringing in better players. 
It could get tricky I think 

39 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It’s worth noting that when it’s this high profile, it wouldn’t make the news if it wasn’t already a foregone conclusion these days. 

You only have to look at the last couple of things that have happened. Gylfi, Mendy.. to some extent Greenwood. 

The allegation side of things will be done behind closed doors and secretive, injunctions taken out to ensure no press until it’s got to the point where a charge is laid. 

Just my thoughts anyway!

Plus the player at Sunderland a few years ago (under-age victim).

40 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Just my thoughts anyway!

I think the argument is these people shouldn't be exposed until found guilty rather than the rumours being true 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Just because people are high profile, why should their names be dragged through the mud before going to trial?

I'm in no way condoning what the people you've named have done, not in a million years.

But Cliff Richard and Paul Gambaccini are two examples of people who've been judged and had trial by media, both proven innocent.

You wouldn't wish allegations like that on your worst enemy. 

It fvcked me up for a long time, destroyed my marriage and pretty much ruined my life for about 5 years. And it still hasn't gone away.

As I say, if you're proven guilty, you get what you deserve. 

But please don't jump to conclusions. 

And do not in any way think that I'm defending people who have carried out heinous crimes.

Try living it.

The major issue is that the presumption of innocence has being gradually replaced with the presumption of possible guilt not only in UK but also in other countries and judges/lawmakers are embracing this while the journalists and the media are always ready for a Colloseum throwing everyone into the lions. 

In other words, we're making huge steps backwards as a society. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Just like last season, I think this season hinges on us not getting injuries to key players.

It looks like we aren’t going to be signing obvious ‘first teamers’ and will rely on our squad.

I maintain, if we can field our first 11 most weeks, we‘ll be ok and will probably finish about the same this term.

However, lose our best players again to injury and we’ll struggle even more this season I think. Especially to the defence. 
If we end up having to rely again for any length of time on the Cags/Big Dan CB combo, having not signed better, I’ll throw something at the tele and swear profusely. 
‘Villa have strengthened, Palace have strengthened, The Saints have strengthened, Newcastle, West Ham, Arsenal… all of them are bringing in better players. 
It could get tricky I think 

I think this is spot on, a full season with the likes of Fofana, Ricardo, Maddison, Barnes, Ndidi in our squad all playing week in week out is massive and we are a match for anyone.

This is where it becomes difficult to sign first team ready players, as our first 11 is as good as anyone outside the top 2. So any players that would be better than those who already occupy those positions simply won’t come here. 
It’s a huge challenge for us, especially with the top six reverting to the big money six, Newcastle now having the money to compete, and IMO spending very wisely. And as you say the mid table teams all strengthening.

a fully fit squad, we can compete with the top six an injury to Vardy, Fofana, Madders or Ndidi and the replacements are mid table Prem players not top six quality.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not on here Raj …….

no names allowed …..

Legal implications and all that ?

Get it, sorry for asking.

Fvcking disgusting how many Arsenal fans on twitter trying to convince everyone it's Ben Davies because apparently rape allegations are a time to play up to your local rivalry and convince everyone it's a Tottenham player.  To such an extent that it you Google premier league rape allegations, Ben Davies' name comes up as a suggested Google search ffs. 

Man's on holiday with his new wife. 

You stay classy Arsenal twitter. 

RDT_20220705_0803477567332705057944403.jpg

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I will say it does seem very odd that they're not naming the accused yet they're giving enough data for you to be able to narrow down the search and speculate on who it is like some sort of pub quiz 

It's probably standard procedure because normally that sort of data wouldn't identify someone but as a footballer and celebrity  where there's so much more info about them out there it's much easier to speculate. Maybe they should rethink it.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can confirm my information was erroneous. 

cannot confirm it isn’t who it’s widely reported to be …

Haha no worries mate. I guess it'll be common knowledge soon enough

Tv picks 

Saturday 13 August

12:30 Aston Villa v Everton (BT Sport)
17:30 Brentford v Man Utd (Sky Sports)

Sunday 14 August

14:00 Nottingham Forest v West Ham (Sky Sports)
16:30 Chelsea v Spurs (Sky Sports)

Monday 15 August

20:00 Liverpool v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports)

Saturday 20 August

12:30 Spurs v Wolves (BT Sport)
17:30 AFC Bournemouth v Arsenal (Sky Sports)

Sunday 21 August

14:00 Leeds v Chelsea (Sky Sports)
14:00 West Ham v Brighton*
* due to West Ham's UEFA Europa Conference League participation the preceding Thursday
16:30 Newcastle v Man City (Sky Sports)

Monday 22 August

20:00 Man Utd v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

Saturday 27 August

12:30 Southampton v Man Utd (BT Sport)
17:30 Arsenal v Fulham (Sky Sports)

Sunday 28 August

14:00 Aston Villa v West Ham*
* due to West Ham's UEFA Europa Conference League participation the preceding Thursday
14:00 Wolves v Newcastle (Sky Sports)
16:30 Nottingham Forest v Spurs (Sky Sports)

Tuesday 30 August

19:30 Crystal Palace v Brentford (BT Sport)
19:30 Fulham v Brighton (BT Sport)
19:45 Southampton v Chelsea (BT Sport)
20:00 Leeds v Everton (BT Sport)

Wednesday 31 August

19:30 AFC Bournemouth v Wolves (BT Sport)
19:30 Arsenal v Aston Villa (BT Sport)
19:30 Man City v Nottingham Forest (BT Sport)
19:45 West Ham v Spurs (BT Sport)
20:00 Liverpool v Newcastle (BT Sport)

Thursday 1 September

20:00 Leicester v Man Utd (BT Sport)

Saturday 3 September

12:30 Everton v Liverpool (BT Sport)
17:30 Aston Villa v Man City (Sky Sports)

Sunday 4 September

14:00 Brighton v Leicester*
* due to Leicester v Man Utd being moved to 1 Sept

14:00 Chelsea v West Ham (Sky Sports)*
* subject to change should Chelsea be scheduled to play in the UEFA Champions League the following Tuesday
16:30 Man Utd v Arsenal (Sky Sports)

Saturday 10 September

12:30 Fulham v Chelsea (BT Sport)*
* subject to change dependent upon the participation of Chelsea in the UEFA Champions League the preceding Wednesday
17:30 Man City v Spurs (Sky Sports)

Sunday 11 September

14:00 Arsenal v Everton*
* due to Arsenal's UEFA Europa League participation the preceding Thursday
14:00 West Ham v Newcastle (Sky Sports)
16:30 Crystal Palace v Man Utd (Sky Sports)

Monday 12 September

20:00 Leeds v Nottingham Forest (Sky Sports)

Friday 16 September

20:00 Aston Villa v Southampton (Sky Sports)
20:00 Nottingham Forest v Fulham*
* club request with Board approval

Saturday 17 September

12:30 Wolves v Man City (BT Sport)*
* subject to change dependent upon the participation of Man City in the UEFA Champions League the preceding Wednesday
17:30 Spurs v Leicester (Sky Sports)

Sunday 18 September

14:00 Brentford v Arsenal (Sky Sports)
14:00 Man Utd v Leeds*
* due to Man Utd's UEFA Europa League participation the preceding Thursday
16:30 Chelsea v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

Edited by jammie82uk
  • Thanks 2