Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Salah seemed to wantvto cut in and shhot an awful lot, rather than cross, and Nunez stank the place out.

Nunez was a bad signing. Diaz, Jota, Firmino, Carvalho, Elliott, Salah, etc they had enough forwards. And if they were replacing Mane, they needed more of a speedy forward than a target man to suit their football. They really needed a top quality CM, they only have Thiago.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Read a Liverpool fan before kick off questioning their medical staff - it’s very last season Leicester on that score 

Their midfield is aging and not particularly dynamic, too.

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Nunez was a bad signing. Diaz, Jota, Firmino, Carvalho, Elliott, Salah, etc they had enough forwards. And if they were replacing Mane, they needed more of a speedy forward than a target man to suit their football. They really needed a top quality CM, they only have Thiago.

The lack of investment in their CM over recent seasons is very surprising. 

What a very very fickle fcuked up Fan base FT is...

This game is not defining...

It's too early in the season.

We will find out in the next two games whether we will be strong enough for the fight...& Then After the Wcup, to see if we can push high up the table...

I say it every week, there are good footballing sides in the bottom quarter.

Now let's see if the good times roll..

Enjoy the football...Nobody seems to want to lay down & die...

L'pool will just about find their mojo when they have to play us...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Liverpool look knackered, Klopp has run them in to the ground.

They said that in his first season IIRC. They couldn't get used to the uber press and all the running. Been okay with it for about 4 years since.

They're missing Mane and Diaz massively. Van Dijk looks a shadow of the player he was in 19/20.

10 minutes ago, sishades said:

I bet Notts Forest win at Arsenal  just to put the icing on the cake of shittest of shit weekends.

8 minutes ago, sishades said:

With two away games coming up the future does not look so good now.

😂😂😂

Ease up fella. We have to sort ourselves out before worrying about other results. Fair play to Leeds..fully deserved and fully enjoyable 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

😂😂😂

Ease up fella. We have to sort ourselves out before worrying about other results. Fair play to Leeds..fully deserved and fully enjoyable 

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

What a very very fickle fcuked up Fan base FT is...

This game is not defining...

It's too early in the season.

We will find out in the next two games whether we will be strong enough for the fight...& Then After the Wcup, to see if we can push high up the table...

I say it every week, there are good footballing sides in the bottom quarter.

Now let's see if the good times roll..

Enjoy the football...Nobody seems to want to lay down & die...

L'pool will just about find their mojo when they have to play us...

Spot on.

That was a good game, thoroughly enjoyed it.

If we have to rely on other teams results to stay up, then we aren't good enough.

We'll be OK.

• Like 1

Just now, Paninistickers said:

😂😂😂

That’s precisely it. We alone are responsible for keeping ourselves up - not other teams. Do our job and other results are irrelevant.

It’s the reason why 40 points is consistently a total that keeps you up irrespective of the strength of the division and the teams in it. 29 more points and we will almost certainly stay up. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Personally feel that leeds should be deducted the three points for marches stupid finger slapping gangster style when they scored. 

Glad I'm not the only one. I nearly threw my phone at the wall when I saw the replay of him doing that. What an absolute cvnt he looked.

Edited by FoxyJim1987
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

That’s precisely it. We alone are responsible for keeping ourselves up - not other teams. Do our job and other results are irrelevant.

It’s the reason why 40 points is consistently a total that keeps you up irrespective of the strength of the division and the teams in it. 29 more points and we will almost certainly stay up. 

Keep playing like we have in the last 4 games and we will be mid table or top half.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Keep playing like we have in the last 4 games and we will be mid table or top half.

That is how I feel. Our defense is getting better and we are capable of scoring goals. We are starting to look back to ourselves - that is what I am focussed on, this early in the season.