Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

9 minutes ago, Tanya said:

That is how I feel. Our defense is getting better and we are capable of scoring goals. We are starting to look back to ourselves - that is what I am focussed on, this early in the season.

I don't have a doubt we'll finish top half. I don't mind Leeds result tonight. The league needs this kind of results. It's early, we seem like we're sorting our defense problems and there'll be more time to work on everything. After the WC is done it's going to be like a new season for many teams. This big break happens for the first time. Let's see how it unravels. Bundesliga with a big break like this was always a different league after mid February. 

FFS! I know the scousers are 'special' but they didn't need to be that 'special' on two consecutive weeks, against teams we need to drop points. 

Obviously, if our league position was far superior, that result would've been hilarious 😆 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

FFS! I know the scousers are 'special' but they didn't need to be that 'special' on two consecutive weeks, against teams we need to drop points. 

Obviously, if our league position was far superior, that result would've been hilarious 😆 

Two teams we put a total of 6 past and conceded none against too lol 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Has VVD looked the same player post ACL ??.

First full season back they won two domestic trophies, pushed the league to the final day and got to a champions league final. Played 51 times. Bare in mind they were absolute shite for most of 20/21 and scraped top four. The difference he makes to them is remarkable. I still think he’s pretty comfortably the best in the league too. 

Edited by kingkisnorbo

5 hours ago, Guest said:

Horrid result for us obviously but I do instinctively want Marsch to succeed

They'd be nuts to sack him but for the PL that'd be pretty standard procedure.  Leeds have been really unlucky - they were 7th in xG (2nd in away matches) and possession % coming into this match, and they certainly deserved to get something out of it (as they did against Arsenal, and they demolished Chelsea).  Marsch in contrast with most managers has been brutally honest about the issue - they've been wasting chances and choking in big moments of matches.  A bit like Brighton under Potter before it clicked in with a failure to convert chances to goals (Bamford's poor form has something to do with that).

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

They'd be nuts to sack him but for the PL that'd be pretty standard procedure.  Leeds have been really unlucky - they were 7th in xG (2nd in away matches) and possession % coming into this match, and they certainly deserved to get something out of it (as they did against Arsenal, and they demolished Chelsea).  Marsch in contrast with most managers has been brutally honest about the issue - they've been wasting chances and choking in big moments of matches.  A bit like Brighton under Potter before it clicked in with a failure to convert chances to goals (Bamford's poor form has something to do with that).

But now Potter’s Chelsea always get results after being dominated by their opponents most of the match (apart from today). 

And Leeds was really bad at hitting the target—they were great against us but somehow only hit the target twice in 1x attempts

5 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I don't have a doubt we'll finish top half. I don't mind Leeds result tonight. The league needs this kind of results. It's early, we seem like we're sorting our defense problems and there'll be more time to work on everything. After the WC is done it's going to be like a new season for many teams. This big break happens for the first time. Let's see how it unravels. Bundesliga with a big break like this was always a different league after mid February. 

But still, even though we finished the previous 6 matches with 10 points, 3 of the teams we played were ranked the 3 lowest right now apart from us, 1 ranked the 6th lowest apart from us. Only one from top 9.Nothing to be happy about  

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I wonder if newcastle might be thinking about accelerating some of their buying from the summer to January?

they have a serious top 4 chance 

I'm not sure.  They've positioned themselves well but so far their wins away at Spurs and Fulham are the only wins they've had against top half opposition.

Since their defeat by Liverpool, their upturn in form has been against Palace, Bournemouth, Fulham, Brentford, Man U, Everton, Spurs and Villa.  Total points haul 18 out of 24.  That's good form and better than us but even we would go into that run of fixtures thinking we should be able to get 18 points at least - there are 6 winnable fixtures in there.  Our form this season shows that we haven't achieved that and even if we restarted the season now I'm not saying we would.  But Newcastle, whilst playing well right now, will have tougher runs.

• Like 1