Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

As annoyed as I still am at Liverpool for continuing their single-handed campaign to relegate us, it's been a good weekend for us otherwise. 

All we can do, as clichéd as it sounds, is focus on our own games and not panic when looking at the table. I feel like the way we've performed recently, we can get at least one result out of two, especially now we've broken our duck away from home. Stay aggressive and neither of Everton or West Ham will be able to cope.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2

On 30/10/2022 at 13:37, nnfox said:

I'm not sure.  They've positioned themselves well but so far their wins away at Spurs and Fulham are the only wins they've had against top half opposition.

Since their defeat by Liverpool, their upturn in form has been against Palace, Bournemouth, Fulham, Brentford, Man U, Everton, Spurs and Villa.  Total points haul 18 out of 24.  That's good form and better than us but even we would go into that run of fixtures thinking we should be able to get 18 points at least - there are 6 winnable fixtures in there.  Our form this season shows that we haven't achieved that and even if we restarted the season now I'm not saying we would.  But Newcastle, whilst playing well right now, will have tougher runs.

And our only wins … against 17th, 19th and 20th. (We are the 18th) 

6 hours ago, francis39 said:

And our only wins … against 17th, 19th and 20th. (We are the 18th) 

tbf they're the games we have to win, a loss to Man C will not relegate us so as long as we beat the teams around us its all good yeah

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I don't see what's not to like.  Whether you think he's a good manager or not (he is, IMO) he's refreshingly direct and free of the BS most other first division football managers spew.

• Like 4