Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

4 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.football365.com/news/ranking-all-20-premier-league-teams-by-points-dropped-from-winning-positions

20. Leicester – 14pts dropped
8 leads, 3 wins, 1 draw, 4 defeats

Christ that’s ugly. Especially when you remember Leicester are also one of only two sides yet to register a single point after falling behind. Basically, if Leicester go behind they lose and if Leicester go ahead they still generally lose. Brendan, mate, come on. Sort it out. You should not and cannot go around Our League with only a 50-50 chance of avoiding defeat in games where you go in front. You absolutely cannot be going in front in games and then losing 5-2 and 6-2, as the not-so-crafty Foxes have already contrived to do this season at Brighton and Spurs. Leicester having led precisely the same number of Premier League games this season as Newcastle feels like a madness.

Horrible deja vu with our 2004 side too. That side took the lead so many times but didn't seem to make any difference!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Horrible deja vu with our 2004 side too. That side took the lead so many times but didn't seem to make any difference!

That was one of my favourite side before this premier league stint. 

Full of players who peaked or were trying rebuild their careers. The quality they had showed when they all clicked at times but fine margins, bad luck and being ridiculously awful at seeing out games were our undoing.

Difference between that squad and our current one is that we are much better on paper now than a lot of the dross around us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

That was one of my favourite side before this premier league stint. 

Full of players who peaked or were trying rebuild their careers. The quality they had showed when they all clicked at times but fine margins, bad luck and being ridiculously awful at seeing out games were our undoing.

Difference between that squad and our current one is that we are much better on paper now than a lot of the dross around us.

Pretty sure the fact that the average age of our squad was about 33, which was the average amount of pints drank per player was probably something to do with us not having the legs to see out games :D 

We did have some talented players though. I'm still convinced Les Ferdinand jump about 6 feet in the air to head in a goal against Southampton on the opening day of the season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Number 6 said:

would have made champions league if they won every game they led. stayed up if they won every game they led in the 88th min

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

What's exactly the hate about him?

I think the way he was laughing and joking with the Chelsea players when they knocked us out of the FA Cup in lockdown pissed a lot of people off.

I've got no problem with him, or many others. As I've said before, players who have moved on must have excelled for us to get moves to those teams.

Chilwell and Kante have won the Champions League, Mahrez has won everything but the Champions League, although he played in a final and Maguire has captained one of the biggest clubs in the world. They've all justified their moves.

Fofana is slightly different though. 

As was Drinkwater, for different reasons.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

With chillwell out does that mean the door has opened up for JJ?

Hmmm, I don't know.

More likely Shaw or Trippier will play there.

Although Reece James is doubtful, isn't he? And Alexander-Arnold seems about as popular with Southgate as Maddison is.

So maybe. Justin can play both sides, which is advantageous to him.

I guess John Stones would also be an option at right back, though, as would Ben White, they've both impressed there for their clubs recently when needed.

Edited by tom27111

10 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

With chillwell out does that mean the door has opened up for JJ?

It’s not a ridiculous idea. He’s probably been named in the 55.

He was in an England squad in June and can play both sides.

With full backs dropping like flies he might find himself in there as Gareth will take about 7/8 of them. 

8 hours ago, Phenom said:

This dude @Deeg67going back tens of pages to laugh at my posts because I said something bad about his crush Marsch.

This is probably on his wall.

il_794xN.4240919026_g6rx.jpg

Maybe thing about what's missing in your life that makes you behave this way in public?

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Hmmm, I don't know.

More likely Shaw or Trippier will play there.

Although Reece James is doubtful, isn't he? And Alexander-Arnold seems about as popular with Southgate as Maddison is.

So maybe. Justin can play both sides, which is advantageous to him.

I guess John Stones would also be an option at right back, though, as would Ben White, they've both impressed there for their clubs recently when needed.

i know he’s been good there for arsenal but with all the talent we have at right back, if we start with ben white we should pack in international football for good. 

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

You'd think he was American.

What's that; a victim card, Americans? lol

Chilwell is a great player offensively, so much energy and has been wracking up goals & assists at Chelsea when seldom fit. He downed tools here though, it was clear around January after we'd been dicked by Liverpool(+ a ref) & Man City, where we started to fall away from the top 4 he just gave up, probably knowing his move was secured that upcoming summer, disappeared "injured" and when he did play was abject. Laughing with his soon to be new teammates after knocking us out of the FA Cup was icing on the cake.

We got a decent chunk of money though, he played & paid his part here ultimately, for 3 seasons. Just might've wanted to show more commitment towards the end. The 2021 FA Cup drama buries alot of it though, we can laugh at him abit instead of being miffed.

Chilwell isn't perfect defensively but I think his engine is incredible, so much energy. Now adds goals and assists. Just lapse defensively and can be wasteful on off-days.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

I'm a bit gutted for him to be honest. Wasn't a **** about leaving like a certain other Chelsea defender. Shame for Ben and for England, he's a bloody good player.

I like Chilwell, but the bloke told the story himself that he was telling other players at Leicester how excited he was at possibly playing with Silva the following season. All whilst we were pissing away our chance at top four.