Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

11 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I think the way he was laughing and joking with the Chelsea players when they knocked us out of the FA Cup in lockdown pissed a lot of people off.

I've got no problem with him, or many others. As I've said before, players who have moved on must have excelled for us to get moves to those teams.

I still think Chilwell is the exception to that. I don't know how he got his move or value. Must have been the potential  cos I didn't rate him at all for us and Castagne came straight in and really did make that boy look shite.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Quite interesting to see how the world cup is affected by all these injuries. Wonder if we see an unusual country reach far into the rounds with the temperature and difference in point of the season. 

Surely, it's going to suit the South Americans the most? looks like the temps are going to be 30-40 degrees. 

Uruguay might be worth a bet. Can see them winning the group and knocking Portugal out in the process. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Surely, it's going to suit the South Americans the most? looks like the temps are going to be 30-40 degrees. 

Uruguay might be worth a bet. Can see them winning the group and knocking Portugal out in the process. 

You'd think South American or an African team with the conditions.

Also interesting to see which countries generally have their seasons playing around this time or usually have a break. Germany for instance usually have a winter break compared to England etc, wondering if that'll impact form 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

You'd think South American or an African team with the conditions.

Also interesting to see which countries generally have their seasons playing around this time or usually have a break. Germany for instance usually have a winter break compared to England etc, wondering if that'll impact form 

Germany is still having their Winter Break fixtures don't start again until Jan 21st - So if you are a player not going to the world cup you get 13th Nov - 21st Jan off! That is a long break! 

Honestly the second half of the season in the Premier League is going to be an interesting watch. Players are going to burn out it will be brutal for those in Europe. West Ham, Man Utd, Arsenal will struggle the most they don't have the strength in their squads to compete on all levels. 

Just now, goose2010 said:

Honestly the second half of the season in the Premier League is going to be an interesting watch. Players are going to burn out it will be brutal for those in Europe. West Ham, Man Utd, Arsenal will struggle the most they don't have the strength in their squads to compete on all levels. 

It'll almost be a completely different season, if played right, many of the club's not involved in Europe could really surge up the table or go far in domestic cups. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

It'll almost be a completely different season, if played right, many of the club's not involved in Europe could really surge up the table or go far in domestic cups. 

Fingers crossed we take full advantage 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Don't usually care too much about one specific player failing at football, but this guy I can make an exception for. Forest were flogged. 

Some players need good players around them to perform.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Embarrassing last 10 minutes for man utd there. Not one decent delivery in. 1 minute to go need a goal take a short corner and play it along the back line instead of putting it in the box. 

That sounds very familiar. 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Another serious injury. 

Seems like our curse was last 1-2 seasons. Other clubs suffering now. 

I just think there is too much football played these days. As a result, there are a ridiculous amount of injuries and on the whole the quality of football is suffering.

Any first team regular for us over the last couple of seasons would easily have played 50 games a season. It’s just too much.

13 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I just think there is too much football played these days. As a result, there are a ridiculous amount of injuries and on the whole the quality of football is suffering.

Any first team regular for us over the last couple of seasons would easily have played 50 games a season. It’s just too much.

Said it before but the pitches arent helping them, no give in them now, looks great on TV and not a spec of mud insight but it is damaging players knees, ankles and hamstrings. 

Was never this amount of knee injuries when pitches were actually grass.

Just look at the issues they have in the NFL where their pitches tend to be a mix of grass and plastic.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Said it before but the pitches arent helping them, no give in them now, looks great on TV and not a spec of mud insight but it is damaging players knees, ankles and hamstrings. 

Was never this amount of knee injuries when pitches were actually grass.

Just look at the issues they have in the NFL where their pitches tend to be a mix of grass and plastic.

It's actually a 50-50 split in the NFL between grass and artificial turf, basically.  And there have been plenty of studies showing turf causes more injuries.  But it's cheaper to maintain, especially when you play games in the winter.

Edited by Deeg67