Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Significant uptick in form for them then. With them and Villa getting decent new managers survival is made that bit harder.

He won't be taking charge of a game for us until after the World Cup though. He'll be in England next week for our game against Arsenal and will train the team while the WC is on. Hopefully will count as a sort of pre-season for him, but there will be a few players missing. 

Still a big job to do with our lack of goals. 

Edited by The Bear

10 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Seems strange not having a Saturday lunchtime game.

What has happened to today's lunchtime ko? Was it supposed to be Chelsea v Arsenal and moved due to European fixtures?

Edited by FoyleFox

28 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

What has happened to today's lunchtime ko? Was it supposed to be Chelsea v Arsenal and moved due to European fixtures?

Really not sure - quite possible.

switched the TV on expecting to see a PL game - watching Sheff U v Burnley instead.  Not too bad a game TBF.

2 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Both pretty soulless examples of modern design thinking, but if I was a Villa fan I'd want the one on the left. The right one is vile and too much like Chelsea.

We're lucky to have the badge we have.

I think the one on the right is great. It only "looks like Chelsea" because it's round and has a lion rampant in it but it's coincidental rather than being a direct copy, Villa have had iterations of that throughout broad periods of their history, including for their greatest ever achievement. Typeface has a bit of character too so it doesn't just look like the 10 a penny roundel badges you find everywhere nowadays that seem to follow a template akin to Man City.

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Significant uptick in form for them then. With them and Villa getting decent new managers survival is made that bit harder.

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Wolves and Villa poaching the managers that finished 4th and 7th in La Liga last year, one of which has won more Europa Leagues than we've probably won trophies all time but WhO cOulD wE rEpLaCe RoDgErS wItH. 

:nigel:

Calm down, we're just being careful what we wish for.

Very careful.

Can you be too careful... :dunno: 

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Wolves and Villa poaching the managers that finished 4th and 7th in La Liga last year, one of which has won more Europa Leagues than we've probably won trophies all time but WhO cOulD wE rEpLaCe RoDgErS wItH. 

Cheap shot, there is zero guarantee either of those will do better and you know it.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Cheap shot, there is zero guarantee either of those will do better and you know it.

There's never a guarantee that any manager will succeed anywhere but it does poke a couple of quite sizeable holes in the common argument that we can't/shouldn't get rid of Rodgers because there's nobody out there who'd join a team in our position and the only viable alternatives are Dyche and Big Sam. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Guest said:

There's never a guarantee that any manager will succeed anywhere but it does poke a couple of quite sizeable holes in the common argument that we can't/shouldn't get rid of Rodgers because there's nobody out there who'd join a team in our position and the only viable alternatives are Dyche and Big Sam. 

Oh for sure, just as there is an innate suggestion in every proposed manager that they would perform better, but yes I do realise there was ample replacements on the continent, due to PL money if nothing else.

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I watched Football Focus for the first time in ages when Gerrard was walking a fine line, Dion Dublin was asked who replaces him and straight away he goes to who's out of work - Dyche, Benitez... It's the richest league in the world for ****s sake.

Lopetegui (who I'm aware *was* out of work) is definitely better than Bruno Lage who managed to have no facial features or discernable pedigree but Emery is a bigger coup imo. He's had a brilliant few years and could legitimately get a Champions League gig.

Then again I thought Carl Cort would be a class signing 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

So how do we want all of todays results to pan out before we play? 
ie, what’s our best scenario for max climb up the table 

Leeds v Bournemouth DRAW

Wolves v Brighton HOME LOSS

Forest v Brentford HOME LOSS but a draw would be fine as it keeps Brentford closer

2 hours ago, Big Dave said:

Seems strange not having a Saturday lunchtime game.

I'd prefer to get rid of those games altogether and get another game on in the evening, though I appreciate it's supporter unfriendly with transport.

• Like 1