Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

9 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

It's not him. He's in Germany with Arsenal. See why people avoid throwing names around like this now?

This was later deleted and it was confirmed he didnt travel.

5 minutes ago, john ridley said:

Now being said  he didnt travel after all .

I wonder what the possible reason for a late withdrawal from the travelling party was. :whistle:

48 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The guy is like a massive man-child, why would you like that?

335839FB-BF5A-42D3-A151-67E7BD3F13E5.jpeg

I was reading RedCafe's thread about Ronaldo and half of them sound pissed off with him.

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

£70m+ if someone ever goes for Barnes then

Absolutely if gordon is valued at 35m, I really rate Gordon in fairness. 

Could actually see this one happening with the wages they will offer, is he an Evertonian or just came through the academy? 

7 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Newcastle had offered Everton 35mill for Anthony Gordon :nigel:

I think that's a fair price.

IMO he's going to be a fantastic player. Looks similar to how Barnes did when he was breaking through here.

If he adds goals and assists more regularly (again, as we used to say with Barnes) then he'll be worth double that.

It's a big 'if' but I suspect he'll do it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Newcastle had offered Everton 35mill for Anthony Gordon :nigel:

I dont actually think thats too bad a price for his ability and age, one of Everton's best players last season though I know that isnt saying much.

Edited by Nalis

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

I dont actually think thats too bad a price for his ability and age, one of Everton's best players last season though I know that isnt saying much.

Agreed but he is a good player and I can see other clubs tempted at that price. 

6 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I think that's a fair price.

IMO he's going to be a fantastic player. Looks similar to how Barnes did when he was breaking through here.

If he adds goals and assists more regularly (again, as we used to say with Barnes) then he'll be worth double that.

It's a big 'if' but I suspect he'll do it.

I agree. If someone with more money than sense came knocking for Barnes in 2018/19 or 2019/20 and offered £35m, plenty would say it wasn't enough for a player of his potential.

1 hour ago, Torten said:

Really can't see who is going down this season, other than Forest. Leeds maybe but they've made some decent signings along with Fulham. I would go with Forest, Bournemouth, Southampton at this point.

I’ve got a bad feeling about Wolves 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Torten said:

Really can't see who is going down this season, other than Forest. Leeds maybe but they've made some decent signings along with Fulham. I would go with Forest, Bournemouth, Southampton at this point.

Think Brentford and Forest will go down - Brentford were heading for relegation before Eriksen arrived and now he’s off. They don’t have the financial clout of clubs like Leeds or Fulham so they’re automatically at a disadvantage. Second season syndrome is a bitch, as Sheff Utd and Leeds found out.

With Forest, play-off winners often struggle, and I don’t think Neco Williams or Lewis O’Brien are good enough to offset their largely poor squad quality overall. 

Bournenouth or Southampton for the third spot, but have seen a few people saying Wolves could be in trouble too. 

Edited by LeedsFox95

2 hours ago, Torten said:

Depends how we start and our injuries. Can see us being scrappy at times