Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Would've preferred a draw between Leeds and Bournemouth but still some decent results for us

Need to take advantage of it now, 2-0 win gets us up to 13th

6 hours ago, sishades said:

Ha ha ha ha . I love your drug fuelled optimism

Post aged well ... Gogo for drugs? :ph34r:

• Like 1

I don't even know how to react to that Forest one. On the one hand, they're probably gonna view it as justice served after all the marginal calls that went against them. On the other, they're celebrating a draw against Brentford. lol

As long as that lot don't get a siege mentality that starts to get them over the line in games, I can live with them facing supposed injustice every week :whistle:

9 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

i know it’s not a popular thing to say.. but if you’ve paid any attention to them you will understand they are completely right. 

They are a much better team now and he’s genuinely turned some muck into golf (iwobi now looks like a proper player) 

Because he’s english their will always be an agenda from some. If he’d come from portugal you’d be lauding him as well 

Thought’s are with you at this difficult time. Dread to think what Everton were like before Lampard took over, 

8 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Been a great game tbf 

Lots of attacking intent and shambolic defending on both sides makes for great entertainment, that's for sure.  It was a track meet.

The three guys who did the big damage for Leeds were Summerville (21 last week, scored 3 matches running), Greenwood (20), and Gnonto (18 - correction, today was his 19th birthday).  Leeds has a fantastic core of young attacking talent - Gelhardt is a kid too, and they have several more who haven't debuted in the PL yet.  Sinistera, Aaronson, and Adams are all U-23 too.

Leeds have a ton of options in attack, they play incredibly hard for their manager, and they play positive football even against Big 6 sides.  The problem is and always is how suspect they are at the back.  Part of that comes as a result of their extremely aggressive style, which is one reason they've tended to fare better against teams which attack them than those who sit back and wait for the counter.  Marsch made the right calls tactically today (Greenwood was a masterstroke) and his subs won the match.  But he has to prove he can stop them leaking goals against non-elite opposition like they did for 48 minutes against Bournemouth.  They totally dominated the 2nd half - something like 15 attempts and 3 goals - but having to go down 2 goals first is not a sustainably winning strategy.  They're not going down but shoring up the back is going to be Marsch's big test as a manager. 

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Thought’s are with you at this difficult time. Dread to think what Everton were like before Lampard took over, 

In terms of money spent v quality of football and results achieved they have to be the worst  in the history of the Prem 

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why?  :dunno: 

Unless it's your game I really don't see the point. 

You've got players in step 6,7, 8 that have had fines and bans for placing bets on games levels above them. It's absurd lol

Let me flip it, why shouldn't a footballer be able to bet on football matches outside of their own games?

40 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Because there's conflict of interest in a certain level. Many of them know each other, you never know what can happen under the table and especially after a certain point into a season where some teams are on early holidays and they have nothing to play for. 

Indeed, I can't believe this is even a matter for debate.  Football players betting on football is a terrible idea for a myriad of reasons and fraught with potential conflicts of interest. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

So Leicester are now 80/1 for a top 6 finish.... It's not impossible and worth a couple quid surely with everyone else's form around us and above us crumbling

I'm not as anti-Brendan as many around here. But if we were in with a shout of a top 6 finish, the current boss would make some stubborn decisions that cost us easy games. Also, we could well lose Youri and/or Madders in January. 

Success this season will be staying up, bonus if we are in the top half.

• Like 1