Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

5 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Of course Howe is a good manager/ coach he took Bournemouth from league two to around the top half of the premiership for a couple seasons, yes I know they got relegated eventually, an now he's doing his thing with Newcastle. Any manager that can do a good job and exceed expectations for three years straight is a good manager, Rogers is a good manager, I just think he's had his day with us, the difference between good and great is being able to do it over decades.

Wait & see..You have time on your side

to balls up all your predictions..

7 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Of course Howe is a good manager/ coach he took Bournemouth from league two to around the top half of the premiership for a couple seasons, yes I know they got relegated eventually, an now he's doing his thing with Newcastle. Any manager that can do a good job and exceed expectations for three years straight is a good manager, Rogers is a good manager, I just think he's had his day with us, the difference between good and great is being able to do it over decades.

I know he is a good manager, I meant I'm not sure whether they (Newcastle) will maintain this form

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah, in the fact that end of the season they won’t be top 4. I’ll say it now. 

Over the last 33 games they have been top 4.

I wouldn’t bet against it plus a splurge on transfers in January to cement their position and speed up the process of attracting the best players with champion league qualification.

I expect them to come back in for Maddison after the World Cup 

52 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Seems like you have a soft spot for them, I just don't particularly like them as a team or fan base I don't know why but they defiantly haven't abused me lol 

🤣, I respect the fact how well supported they are considering how shit they have always been 

Edited by Joe90lcfc

11 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Or fans very poor perception..& incompetent underrating...

Who are we fans to say who's good, bad,excellent..

Let's face it this FT forum has failure rate of about 98% when picking players.

16yrs at least at judging player potential at home club, how way off when judging other clubs potential....

Huh? The majority of those players have been at Newcastle for a few years and been down the bottom of the league so I think it's a pretty fair call to say they are mostly a team made of players who's level has proven to be towards the bottom of the league. As I said, a few players way above that level like Pope, Trippier, Botman, Bruno G, Saint-Maximin and even guys like Burn and Wilson but the majority of their squad is made up of players with 4/5 years Prem experience but never been competing in the top half of the table.

Thanks for such a condescending reply too. Speak for yourself with those claims; I like to give players the benefit of the doubt. Just because you don't agree with my opinion, it doesn't make me incompetent... Doesn't reflect well on you that's for sure.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Last 18 games of last season they were top 4 form.

also it’s more than a few exceptions 

Pope

Tripper 

ASM

Issak

Guimarães
Botman

arguably 

Wilson has a good record there when match fit to 

So 6/7 players (Isak has had one good season in his career so far but would definitely chuck Wilson, and probs Burn in there) out of a squad of 25 would still be a few exceptions. 

I'm not saying they should be in the bottom 3 but it's largely a relegation scrap quality of player bolstered by some top 6 quality. Fair play to them and especially to Eddie Howe who's shown plenty of adaptability and willingness to improve on his deficiencies. They certainly deserve to be where they are; will be interesting to see if they can maintain it.