Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Managers like Conte have no business in the league. Absolutely grim footballing ideologies. People tout him and Mourinho as class managers. They're no better than Sean Dyche or Pulis. Sit deep, show no ambition, make sure as little football as possible is played. 

Spending 80% of the game getting 11 men behind the ball is hardly taxing stuff is it.

Oh don’t put Mourinho in same cartegory as Conte.

Mourinho is one of the greatest managers ever and in his prime played great attacking football. Chelsea 2004/2005/2006 were among the best team I’ve ever seen in this Country.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

This fixture troubles me as the one where more than any other, I want both teams to lose.

Think I'd shade something in Spuds favour today given Liverpools disgrace v Forest

Surely Liverpool all day. Their fans are annoying but at least it’s justified.

Spurs are just big club wannabes, thank God they never won the Champions League.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Reflections are only mirrors drifting through the mist of time..

You put up an opinion..don't be surprised others counter it, in which way they perceive....

Others as yourselve are welcome to reconter...I don't take it personal, even if my competence is questioned..

Just because groups of players have grovelled & grubbed, we more than anyone should know ,chances in life to address situations always pop up.

Sport is full of wayward ,floundering paths, suddenly picking up & finding  acceptable levels...

What an earth are you talking about? I have no problem that you disagree with my opinion, it's a forum after all as you correctly pointed out.

What I think isn't right, is that you inferred incompetence and that 98% of my calls on players are incorrect but you're factually correct on something that is an opinion (and the only factual information was firmly stacked in my favour in that the majority of their squad have spent their careers flirting with relegation). That was incredibly condescending, hypocritical given the holier than thou attitude about your opinion and pretty personal to suggest I'm incompetent... And if people have questioned your competence, you bloody well should taken in personally, since that's what it is; personal lolThat's massively different than just disagreeing with your opinion.

Perhaps you could have just said that you disagreed with my assessment and that you actually think they are top 4 quality players rather than saying almost everyone on this forum is wrong and they have no right to an opinion? On that, who actually has a right to judge the quality of players then? Only the management team? No, because everyone is entitled to an opinion.

On the the actual basis of your dismissal, I suppose by the same virtue Forest, Bournemouth and Fulham should really be challenging for the title and Man City should be scrapping it out at the bottom since past performances (over a number of years) and the trajectory of their players' careers have absolutely no bearing on the quality of a team and where they should reasonably expect to finish?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

What an earth are you talking about? I have no problem that you disagree with my opinion, it's a forum after all as you correctly pointed out.

What I think isn't right, is that you inferred incompetence and that 98% of my calls on players are incorrect but you're factually correct on something that is an opinion (and the only factual information was firmly stacked in my favour in that the majority of their squad have spent their careers flirting with relegation). That was incredibly condescending, hypocritical given the holier than thou attitude about your opinion and pretty personal to suggest I'm incompetent... And if people have questioned your competence, you bloody well should taken in personally, since that's what it is; personal lolThat's massively different than just disagreeing with your opinion.

Perhaps you could have just said that you disagreed with my assessment and that you actually think they are top 4 quality players rather than saying almost everyone on this forum is wrong and they have no right to an opinion? On that, who actually has a right to judge the quality of players then? Only the management team? No, because everyone is entitled to an opinion.

On the the actual basis of your dismissal, I suppose by the same virtue Forest, Bournemouth and Fulham should really be challenging for the title and Man City should be scrapping it out at the bottom since past performances (over a number of years) and the trajectory of their players' careers have absolutely no bearing on the quality of a team and where they should reasonably expect to finish?

Where were you when & with who we won the title..you whole premise seems to forget our rag of muffins...

Newcastle were a bit flattered by that score line. OK, they put their chances away, but were lucky that Saints players were terrible in front of goal.

I only saw the start of the Spurs game, but Pool seemed a class above. Cannot see Newcastle finishing top six.

42 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Where were you when & with who we won the title..you whole premise seems to forget our rag of muffins...

Different situations. How many of our players had been playing in the top flight for 4-5 seasons and spent that time scrapping at the bottom? Pretty much none of them. Most of them had been out to lower leagues and hadn't been given that chance to perform in the premier League. Some outdid themselves sure but plenty of the others have had success in this league or in other leagues. Kasper, Kante, Mahrez and Vardy all considered right up their with their peers. Huth, already part of a title winning team. Morgan and Albrighton FA Cup winners here. Fuchs, Okazaki, Inler had all proven themselves abroad. 

Point is that team achieved success in 2 years of Premier League football so whilst they overperformed, clearly a squad of good top flight players. The Newcastle team has been made up of guys who've played together and struggled for years, or guys who've struggled elsewhere in the Prem.

My premise is logical; base the quality of the players on what they have all achieved over a number of years. Yours seems to be base it on what they have done over a short period of time? 

53 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Newcastle were a bit flattered by that score line. OK, they put their chances away, but were lucky that Saints players were terrible in front of goal.

I only saw the start of the Spurs game, but Pool seemed a class above. Cannot see Newcastle finishing top six.

I cannot see how Newcastle don’t finish top six. The way they are playing and the results they are getting. They’re aren’t six more consistent teams than Newcastle. 

32 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Kane should be thinking about moving this season if he don't win anything as he is does deserve it.

He should have pushed harder last season to leave before Man City brought haaland . Maybe Man Utd or Chelsea will pay the money for him but not to many more . He will be gutted deep down if the only thing he has when he retires is scoring more than shearer which is a good achievement but surely you would want a team trophy as well 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Md9 said:

He should have pushed harder last season to leave before Man City brought haaland . Maybe Man Utd or Chelsea will pay the money for him but not to many more . He will be gutted deep down if the only thing he has when he retires is scoring more than shearer which is a good achievement but surely you would want a team trophy as well 

Captain of a World Cup winning Nation :ph34r:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Md9 said:

agree, maybe Liverpool will go for him or Man Utd cant see him going Chelsea but yea you would want a trophy to show for it.

1 minute ago, woznotwos said:

Still can’t believe after this many games there’s only 6 points splitting the bottom half of the league. Has it ever been this right before ?

Nope, but this was also the biggest reason why I thought we weren't 'certs' for relegation, like some others thought.

It was always so awfully close and tight. Two wins and a side is not only just out of the relegation zone, but a few positions clear. Not only are we a good example, but Leeds, Villa & Palace also. 

It may remain the case that we hover around above the relegation zone for a bit, but it's never been certified that side is virtually relegated 8 or 9 games in to the season like some fans thought we were. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

agree, maybe Liverpool will go for him or Man Utd cant see him going Chelsea but yea you would want a trophy to show for it.

I think Chelsea will pay what ever spurs want and Kane just to try get back to challenging again as they are really poor. They will need more than kane though. Ronaldo prob be off soon so will free up a big wage to offer kane if they want him.

• Like 1