Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

5 hours ago, LeedsFox95 said:

Think Brentford and Forest will go down - Brentford were heading for relegation before Eriksen arrived and now he’s off. They don’t have the financial clout of clubs like Leeds or Fulham so they’re automatically at a disadvantage. Second season syndrome is a bitch, as Sheff Utd and Leeds found out.

With Forest, play-off winners often struggle, and I don’t think Neco Williams or Lewis O’Brien are good enough to offset their largely poor squad quality overall. 

Bournenouth or Southampton for the third spot, but have seen a few people saying Wolves could be in trouble too. 

Another tough season for Everton surely?

33 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Another tough season for Everton surely?

Forgot about them to be honest! They haven’t really improved at all and are still hamstrung by FFP so they’ll be right down there too. 

Edited by LeedsFox95

On 06/07/2022 at 11:07, Fox92 said:

I was reading RedCafe's thread about Ronaldo and half of them sound pissed off with him.

Which top team would realistically buy him? PSG maybe? If the Chelsea rumours are true I feel their time at the top is coming to an end with their career mode transfer strategy.

I've heard 3 or 4 people on talksport saying the only reason he doesn't press is because he's not been told to... when he's 37, has never done it and failed awfully every time he was asked to do it last season. I wish I could make a living talking absolute bollocks while sipping lattes.

38 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Which top team would realistically buy him? PSG maybe? If the Chelsea rumours are true I feel their time at the top is coming to an end with their career mode transfer strategy.

I've heard 3 or 4 people on talksport saying the only reason he doesn't press is because he's not been told to... when he's 37, has never done it and failed awfully every time he was asked to do it last season. I wish I could make a living talking absolute bollocks while sipping lattes.

The preacher life isn't for everyone, I guess... Oh, wait... :P

7 hours ago, TJQuik said:

He scored more goals than worlds greatest striker Harry a Kane in a worse team. More match winners than anyone else. Without his goals man utd are scraping top half. He's still got it and don't let the fact man utd are absolutely garbage fool you into thinking he hasn't anymore. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Torten said:

Really can't see who is going down this season, other than Forest. Leeds maybe but they've made some decent signings along with Fulham. I would go with Forest, Bournemouth, Southampton at this point.

Leeds will go down.

Southampton continue to struggle but just have enough about them to stay up. I can't see them being worse than 3 of Leeds/Bournemouth/Fulham/Forest/Brentford.

I notice that, in the Premier League table published today by Sky, we are eleventh - just behind Leeds and just ahead of Liverpool. I'm going to make the most of this moment cos  I'm pretty  certain that it'll be the best position we'll attain this season!

The transfer window has been non-existant - the football will continue to be dire - nothing will ever change Kaspers fear of coming for corners - the injury farce will continue and Rodgers will continue to obstinately ignore any pointers made on ways to improve (he knows best).

COYB!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Leeds will go down.

Southampton continue to struggle but just have enough about them to stay up. I can't see them being worse than 3 of Leeds/Bournemouth/Fulham/Forest/Brentford.

Southampton are a couple of years away I think. They're just one of those teams that will sit comfortably in the bottom half for a few years with the odd foray into about 9th before dropping

• Like 1

Southampton's team is dogshit, they've just been lucky there's been far too many awful sides floating around the bottom 6. Newcastle are better, Burnley have gone, the promoted sides are stronger than last years.

21/22 - 15th - 40 pts - 42:67

20/21 - 15th - 43 pts - 43:67

19/20 - 11th - 52 pts - 51:62

They've stuck with Hassenhuttl and only ever made incremental changes with the squad, rubbish away day so about time they ****ed off. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He scored more goals than worlds greatest striker Harry a Kane in a worse team. More match winners than anyone else. Without his goals man utd are scraping top half. He's still got it and don't let the fact man utd are absolutely garbage fool you into thinking he hasn't anymore. 

And yet no sane club will be lining up to buy him. There's a reason Juventus wanted him gone and the biggest club he got to was Man United (no, man city were not interested).

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Southampton's team is dogshit, they've just been lucky there's been far too many awful sides floating around the bottom 6. Newcastle are better, Burnley have gone, the promoted sides are stronger than last years.

21/22 - 15th - 40 pts - 42:67

20/21 - 15th - 43 pts - 43:67

19/20 - 11th - 52 pts - 51:62

They've stuck with Hassenhuttl and only ever made incremental changes with the squad, rubbish away day so about time they ****ed off. 

That 20-21 is crazy considering they were top in October or November, proper Rodgers-level end of season form

21 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I'm not sure about that.. Forest and Bournemouth have a lot to prove - I think most years in the Championship that they don't get promoted from watching some of their games last season. I think Fulham are best equipped to stay up. 

Bournemouth I don't rate but Forest are extremely well drilled, they're like Brentford of last year imo, their signings have been shrewd. They knocked us and Arsenal out of the FA cup then ran Liverpool very close. Fulham will stay up easily.

There’s always atleast 1 promoted team that does well. It could be Fulham maybe. Forest I’m not sure as they’ve lost a few key players. It’s a steep learning curve the premier league and if these teams aren’t ready it can get rough especially against man city, Liverpool etc.

4 hours ago, TJQuik said:

And yet no sane club will be lining up to buy him. There's a reason Juventus wanted him gone and the biggest club he got to was Man United (no, man city were not interested).

If you honestly believe that no club would want Ronaldo there's no point in carrying on this conversation. He's worth his weight in gold for shirt sales alone. Let alone the fact he's still banging in goals. 

10 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

If you honestly believe that no club would want Ronaldo there's no point in carrying on this conversation. He's worth his weight in gold for shirt sales alone. Let alone the fact he's still banging in goals. 

Carry on believing the marketing bollocks then. Again, there's a reason he wasn't wanted at Juventus and that a bigger club than man united didn't want him. What's the point of a Leicester fan being his fanboy and reiterating this drivel?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Wouldn't pay over 50 for a league match tbh (barring it being a title decider or something then would consider)

Even this is mental. 

Most of us think the cost of a cinema ticket these days is ridiculously expensive but it's pretty much the same amount of time spent being entertained but with a much higher probability of satisfaction. 

Hell I can get gig tickets for a band I love that might tour the UK once or twice in my lifetime for twenty odd quid tops. 

Why on earth are we paying fifty quid for one match at our local football club? It's fvcking insane, we're all tapped.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

How does this compare with our tickets

Crazy given how much money they will make from TV rights.  Just exploiting fans for the sake of it.  But no doubt their attendances will go up.