Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

22 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Michael Edwards gone, Klopps time coming to an end. Massive amounts of money spunked in a donkey with a terrible temperament. I can see why they're trying to get out while the reputation is still high.

Hope they fall somewhat amidst all this change and potential uncertainty... 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

How are people saying Hasenhüttl did a decent job.

Southampton have been horrific for the past two years or so.

They were a little unfortunate when we stuck 9 past them, as they had a red card and a goal against all in one moment. But the one they took from Utd was shocking management. He had to stick kids out to start, sure, but he did nothing to change the game and try to keep the score down once it was clear they were going to get battered. Overall seems like they've been treading water whilst he has been there.

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

They were a little unfortunate when we stuck 9 past them, as they had a red card and a goal against all in one moment. But the one they took from Utd was shocking management. He had to stick kids out to start, sure, but he did nothing to change the game and try to keep the score down once it was clear they were going to get battered. Overall seems like they've been treading water whilst he has been there.

What ? They were a little unfortunate against us due to the red card. However, against United where he had to start the kids - that wasnt unfortunate as it was shocking management and United fully taking advantage ?

I'm sorry, have to completely disagree. Yes they had a man down but we were rampant. Some of the football we play was exceptional. Southampton couldnt change the system or adapt to it. 

• Like 1

I'd love it if someone divisive like Musk bought up Liverpool. All the explanations that would come from the fan base and all the reverse gears to explain 'their position'.

But I suspect Musk doesn't have much spare change at the moment to indulge in this type of thing.

48 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Can’t be many Arab investment funds without a club now. Shame. Liverpool would have been a great fit. 

LIV golf, LIV FC (formerly known as Liverpool) ... you can see where this is going.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Some people will never be satisfied. There is always something. Forest, Leeds, Everton and Wolves were rubbish, this is the only reason we won against them. Forest won against Liverpool. Liverpool is rubbish. Leeds come back being 1-3 down, Bournemouth is rubbish but Marsch is suddenly a great manager. 

We might win another 3 games in a row and be 6th or 7th but it's gonna be because the league is rubbish. 

Oh, forgot it. We won the PL because all other teams were rubbish at the time. 

Well said. That really Fuchs me off too. 

6 hours ago, MattFox said:

Saudi’s must be wishing they held off a year

Be hilarious if they put newcastle up for sale and sold to some opportunist shister “ok, ok, how much can you afford? WHAT!!!………ok we’ll take it. You can keep all the fixtures and fittings” 

On 06/11/2022 at 20:26, dmayne7 said:

Different situations. How many of our players had been playing in the top flight for 4-5 seasons and spent that time scrapping at the bottom? Pretty much none of them. Most of them had been out to lower leagues and hadn't been given that chance to perform in the premier League. Some outdid themselves sure but plenty of the others have had success in this league or in other leagues. Kasper, Kante, Mahrez and Vardy all considered right up their with their peers. Huth, already part of a title winning team. Morgan and Albrighton FA Cup winners here. Fuchs, Okazaki, Inler had all proven themselves abroad. 

Point is that team achieved success in 2 years of Premier League football so whilst they overperformed, clearly a squad of good top flight players. The Newcastle team has been made up of guys who've played together and struggled for years, or guys who've struggled elsewhere in the Prem.

My premise is logical; base the quality of the players on what they have all achieved over a number of years. Yours seems to be base it on what they have done over a short period of time? 

It's a good argument & fair dues,though I just see our then  concoction of a squad slightly different but then  a slight comparison even to the now "Newcastle theme" they just haven't had the right organisation guidance type of manager...Now it's clicking for those players.And they will become closer & believe because of it.

It's amazing through life & sport  dross, & expensive dross can rightly find & earn their way into higher recognition..

Some miss the opportunity others fall into it..

Also we have few British Managers,I really want the Potter's & Howe's to find & build a platform of success & achievement..

I just want to say ,even though sometime there is variants of disagreement it's good to debate the different perspectives, instead of the OTT insistant toxic virile twaddle often being pumped out over FT this last year.:cheers:

Headline from The Times:

1461486106_Screenshot_20221108-100459_TheTimes.thumb.jpg.537b58e775cbf811a38bba0fb472364f.jpg

"Super League collapse" caused them to get out?

Looks like they misspelled "boundless capitalist greed remaining unfulfilled because of the competing boundless greed of others".

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Headline from The Times:

1461486106_Screenshot_20221108-100459_TheTimes.thumb.jpg.537b58e775cbf811a38bba0fb472364f.jpg

"Super League collapse" caused them to get out?

Looks like they misspelled "boundless capitalist greed remaining unfulfilled because of the competing boundless greed of others".

Let's hope the rest of the money grabbing, we'll change how the league operates USA owners bugger off as well.

• Like 1

A lot of these wealthy consortiums and owners have lost a few Bob over the past few years. It might have sent chills down their spine enough to want to cash in. these aren’t the best of economic times and the near future looks bleak. Let’s see who is brave enough to splash out on Liverpool.