Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Arsenal still overpriced for the title imo. They've picked up results when not playing well, something Man City have not. Teams probably more likely to low block Man City too. Think Man City should take it with the strength of their squad but we've absolutely got a title race.

19 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Arsenal still overpriced for the title imo. They've picked up results when not playing well, something Man City have not. Teams probably more likely to low block Man City too. Think Man City should take it with the strength of their squad but we've absolutely got a title race.

Almost feels like when we were in the position Arsenal are now. Although we were like that in February? After beating Man City away and people were still saying "They'll get caught". 

I think we only became favourites to win the league in March!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Chelsea looked stronger under Tuchel.....seems abit hasty of the yank to sack him now...Potter looks like he shouldn't have left Brighton, but he'll get big money when he gets sacked aswell

Tuchel got the new manager bounce that got them the Champions League but it took a meltdown from us at the end for them to get Top 4 and we beat them the week before in the FA Cup.  Had it not been for the CL he would have been gone sometime last season.

I can't say I was ever that impressed watching them under Tuchel. Certainly not to Liverpool or Man City levels.

Better than Potter mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Arsenal get a bit lucky here ?

Was the decision offside?

Basically, they know it's not offside, but they can only overturn the offside (as per the rules as written) if it's part of of another key moment of play. But because they decide it isn't a penalty (which is the real controversy here), then there isn't a foul, then there isn't a major incident they need to overturn the offside for. So because the linesman put his flag up, they go back to the offside even though they've checked it and they know technically it's not offside.

That last part is silly but I personally don't have a problem with it too much, it's a part of how the rules as they're written is a little bit dumb but the game had to be restarted somehow and I'm not sure how else you'd do it? Drop ball maybe? 

It's sort of a distraction because the main issue is the fact that that's really obviously a foul in the area and Wolves got shafted.

• Like 1

Just now, BenTheFox said:

Everton are an appalling football team. There is absolutely no creativity in that side whatsoever. Watching them last week against us there was so much hit and hope. Lampard is now under real pressure but their squad is really not very good at all. 

I'd love them to go down.

Don't think they will though.

Historically, a wonderful team. But that's all it is now, historically. You'd struggle to find many people who remember their 1995 FA Cup win.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I'd love them to go down.

Don't think they will though.

Historically, a wonderful team. But that's all it is now, historically. You'd struggle to find many people who remember their 1995 FA Cup win.

They had Gray, Maupay and McNeil starting as a front three yesterday. That is championship standard in my opinion. Calvert-Lewin is the only real goal threat they have in the squad. 

They had Gray, Maupay and McNeil starting as a front three yesterday. That is championship standard in my opinion. Calvert-Lewin is the only real goal threat they have in the squad. 

Calvert-Lewin is arguably the worst out of those.

I'd love them to go, but they'll sack Lampard, have a bounce when Big Dunc takes over and the new boss will make them safe.

It's so depressingly predictable. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20407220/two-premier-league-teammates-gay-relationship/

And I'm sorry for posting that link again to a shit 'newspaper'

My point being, IF, and a big if, it turns out that people are outed, we don't even give them an ovation. 

We just go about it normally. 

Because being gay isn't abnormal. 

I hope every football teams crowd would do that.

They don't need a standing ovation, they just need the norm.

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Calvert-Lewin is arguably the worst out of those.

I'd love them to go, but they'll sack Lampard, have a bounce when Big Dunc takes over and the new boss will make them safe.

It's so depressingly predictable. 

Have to disagree with this. He's been unreliable recently because of injuries, but he's proven that he can score goals at this level if you give him decent service. Over the past three seasons up until this one, he averaged a goal every two to three games. McNeil scored one goal last season, Maupay had failed to score double figures in a season playing in a Brighton side that created plenty of chances. 

Have to disagree with this. He's been unreliable recently because of injuries, but he's proven that he can score goals at this level if you give him decent service. Over the past three seasons up until this one, he averaged a goal every two to three games. McNeil scored one goal last season, Maupay had failed to score double figures in a season playing in a Brighton side that created plenty of chances. 

And I don't need to tell you about Demarai Gray! 

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

Fair play. 

But what's his stats this season?

I know he's been injured and I'm not arguing with you.

He's been poor since coming back?

• Like 1