Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

15 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Fair play. 

But what's his stats this season?

I know he's been injured and I'm not arguing with you.

He's been poor since coming back?

1 goal in 6 this season, but I think a couple of those appearances were off the bench. Not great, but as I said, he needs decent service. Any creative players that they've had at the club in recent years have now left: Digne, James, Richarlison, Sigurdsson etc. 

Their defence and goalkeeper are OK on paper and they have an OK midfield. A different manager could make them more solid and hard to beat, but they they have no creativity whatsoever. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tom27111 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20407220/two-premier-league-teammates-gay-relationship/

And I'm sorry for posting that link again to a shit 'newspaper'

My point being, IF, and a big if, it turns out that people are outed, we don't even give them an ovation. 

We just go about it normally. 

Because being gay isn't abnormal. 

I hope every football teams crowd would do that.

They don't need a standing ovation, they just need the norm.

I get the sentiment but I'd back them and commend them for being brave enough to come out almost knowing its guaranteed they'll get some abuse. 

You're right. It isn't abnormal. But the bravery should be respected for being who they are. 

Hopefully one day it does become the norm and newspapers don't feel the need to sensationalise it. 

• Like 3

I think it’s easy to say no one would care if it was a current star player like Maddison or Barnes or a long-standing hero like Vardy or Albrighton.

The issue would be if it was an underperforming or disliked player like Vestegaard or maybe Ward before his recent upturn.

I remember Neil Danns writing a song and our fans bizarrely using that as a stick to beat him with. I remember Burnley fans using Clark Carlisle’s Countdown performance to beat him with.

Sadly, I’m almost certain if there was an underperforming or out of their depth gay player in the side, you’d hear plenty of our fans using gay slurs and using his sexuality as a stick to beat him with over poor performances, saying his coming out was just to get attention, his sexuality is affecting his performances  etc.

Just now, Super_horns said:

Not seen it but 5live think otherwise :

“Well Buendía puts a delightful ball through the middle and Dunk doesn't get the ball. The connection brings down McGinn. It's definitely a penalty.”

He doesn't get the ball but Mcginn knocked it too far and was halfway to the floor before Dunk reached him 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chuck'em said:

He doesn't get the ball but Mcginn knocked it too far and was halfway to the floor before Dunk reached him 

2 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

A penalty but McGinn pushed the ball away and exaggerated the contact.

One of those where the player knows contact is coming and starts to go down expecting it ?

14 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

COMING OUT 

Two Premier League teammates are in a relationship and open about being a gay couple

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20407220/two-premier-league-teammates-gay-relationship/

Reece James and fofanas matching little hearts in their     hair 🧐😆

Chilwell & Grealish ? 

Fofana & James is a good shout. 

7 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Chilwell & Grealish ? 

Fofana & James is a good shout. 

I'm more surprised that The Sun has held back in naming those involved. They're usually front page splash and all over it. Why the sudden coyness... They've not even hinted at the team...