Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

From pretty much every angle it's conclusive that Digne goes straight through March as March kicks the ball. One of those where you'd love to hear what the comms was from Gillett to the ref. Especially considering there's a real insistence on sending refs to the monitor to have a look themselves.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

From pretty much every angle it's conclusive that Digne goes straight through March as March kicks the ball. One of those where you'd love to hear what the comms was from Gillett to the ref. Especially considering there's a real insistence on sending refs to the monitor to have a look themselves.

I dislike the pens and free kicks given when someone just gets a foot in as a player is passing or clearing the ball. there is never any intent to play the man. I get why they’re given - I just don’t like it.   That one could well have been passed on because the ball ricochets back against digne in the challenge - hence it could be judged to be more of a coming together. Surprised it wasn’t reviewed and given though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I dislike the pens and free kicks given when someone just gets a foot in as a player is passing or clearing the ball. there is never any intent to play the man. I get why they’re given - I just don’t like it.   That one could well have been passed on because the ball ricochets back against digne in the challenge - hence it could be judged to be more of a coming together. Surprised it wasn’t reviewed and given though. 

I think that's way more a coming together though. It's not like they're both running towards the ball and collide. March is first to the ball which is one factor. Then the overriding factor of that is Digne making a clear play for the ball, totally missing, but also kicking March in the process. 

Anywhere else on the pitch and it's a foul. 

On-pitch referee missing it is tolerable because his view may have been blocked. But for a VAR official to see that and deem it to not be a foul is incredible. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

I get the sentiment but I'd back them and commend them for being brave enough to come out almost knowing its guaranteed they'll get some abuse. 

You're right. It isn't abnormal. But the bravery should be respected for being who they are. 

Hopefully one day it does become the norm and newspapers don't feel the need to sensationalise it. 

Danny Mings & Tyrone Ings.

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I think lately all the other results are decent for us. Most top half teams are dropping points, yes it makes it tight everywhere else but with our form and confidence building we might do better than most of our fans expect. 

A competive league from top to bottom is better for a team like ours. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Time wasting in football is a disgrace. Needs to be stopped. World cup will be full of it no doubt. 

Put a time limit on free-kicks, goal kicks, throw-ins etc. There are balls around the pitch, get on with the game.

18 minutes ago, Corky said:

Put a time limit on free-kicks, goal kicks, throw-ins etc. There are balls around the pitch, get on with the game.

At the very least clocks should be stopped for injuries and substitutions. Will help immediately, don't want clock stopping all the time.