Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is it me or is it very tight from bottom to top 7/8 after this far gone in the season? Or is it just because this is the first season we've not been closer to the top 6 or in it for years? 

I feel this too. We're mid table, 4 points off seventh place, but also 4 points from bottom 3. I think we definitely need to strengthen in January as we're probably only 1 more injury or departure from the season going pear shaped again.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, F T Fagos said:

I feel this too. We're mid table, 4 points off seventh place, but also 4 points from bottom 3. I think we definitely need to strengthen in January as we're probably only 1 more injury or departure from the season going pear shaped again.

I think this mid season break will be a huge disruption to some (possibly us as well) and the season will become even more chaotic in 2023. I'd snap your hand off for mid table / staying up and a right good crack at winning a cup.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, tom27111 said:

But not that heavily.

Twice.

In a week lol

Was it Vardy's 2nd in the 11 streak down there as well? 

Yeah, we still only drew that 1-1.You have to go back to Super Kev's zimmer frame in 2013-14 for our last win there.

Record since is one draw and I think 3 losses now. Torrid stuff. :whistle:

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Is it me or is it very tight from bottom to top 7/8 after this far gone in the season? Or is it just because this is the first season we've not been closer to the top 6 or in it for years? 

It’s actually no different to last season after 15 games there was only 10pts between 7th and 18th & only 1 more point to 6th.

This season it’s 9pts to 6th - 18th so only 2pts in it really, & that said those in 5,6,7,8 have played a game less so potential it’s identical a 10/11pts gap.

I think it seems tight because their stopping 6+ weeks prior to when the league table starts to show separation, I certainly never took any notice of the table until after the NYD fixtures/winter break.

Remember from now till NYD they would normally play another 6/7 games and to support what I mean about separation come the winter break last season that gap between 7-18 had gone from 10pts to 23, so maybe seems closer now just because their stopping earlier only 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think this mid season break will be a huge disruption to some (possibly us as well) and the season will become even more chaotic in 2023. I'd snap your hand off for mid table / staying up and a right good crack at winning a cup.

Thats how I feel top 10 and go all out for the cups

last season we were completely underwhelming, couldn’t defend for toffee and still ended up a few points off of 7th.

It says everything about the quality of the mid table sides in this league. I think both ourselves and villa will fancy at least 8th with fingers crossed chelsea continue to fall. 

The frustrating thing is that without the fofana disruption and if the manager (and in fairness players and board) were fully committed from the start, we would probably be comfortably in a european spot right now.

We should have at least 8 more points on the board (brentford, southampton, bournemouth) . Which would have sat us in 6th, 4 points behind the champions league spots. That’s ignoring the 2 games we gave up before starting. 

Edited by Lambert09

28 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

It’s actually no different to last season after 15 games there was only 10pts between 7th and 18th & only 1 more point to 6th.

This season it’s 9pts to 6th - 18th so only 2pts in it really, & that said those in 5,6,7,8 have played a game less so potential it’s identical a 10/11pts gap.

I think it seems tight because their stopping 6+ weeks prior to when the league table starts to show separation, I certainly never took any notice of the table until after the NYD fixtures/winter break.

Remember from now till NYD they would normally play another 6/7 games and to support what I mean about separation come the winter break last season that gap between 7-18 had gone from 10pts to 23, so maybe seems closer now just because their stopping earlier only 🤷‍♂️ 

Interesting, was it as compact at the bottom as well? I usually notice at least 4-5 teams with much less points than games played but right now it's all looking like 40 points or more would be needed.

19 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

last season we were completely underwhelming, couldn’t defend for toffee and still ended up a few points off of 7th.

It says everything about the quality of the mid table sides in this league. I think both ourselves and villa will fancy at least 8th with fingers crossed chelsea continue to fall. 

The frustrating thing is that without the fofana disruption and if the manager (and in fairness players and board) were fully committed from the start, we would probably be comfortably in a european spot right now.

We should have at least 8 more points on the board (brentford, southampton, bournemouth) . Which would have sat us in 6th, 4 points behind the champions league spots. That’s ignoring the 2 games we gave up before starting. 

I was disappointed at the timing of Fofana going but it turns out its not harmed us as much as I feared it would.

The start was catastrophic but we may have weathered the storm which given our financial state isn't a bad thing for the moment.

The mid table sides are always in and out of form. Always the same.

Agree with the other points though.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Interesting, was it as compact at the bottom as well? I usually notice at least 4-5 teams with much less points than games played but right now it's all looking like 40 points or more would be needed.

Yep same as last season 18th 19 & 20 was 13, 10 & 10pts this season it’s 13, 12 & 10pts 👍 

59 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

After 15 games last season (not sure everyone had 15 games played at the same time!). We had 2 more points more as we managed to draw two more games. Everton in a worse position now, and i think Lamps will be next to go. Worth noting that Wolves currently have exactly the same points and games won that Norwich had last year.

image.png.9f1bab4cee5a68d56c7bb7649f39c640.png

After 15 games, we’ve scored two more and conceded two less compared to last year’ start.  Two points fewer. 

3 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

We won't be anywhere near the top 6 come the end of the season, nor near the bottom, this season will be mid season mediocrity.

As long as we take the Cup competitions seriously, which Rodgers does, I’m happy. Starting with the League Cup, we’ve got a good chance going far now.