Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

33 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Come on he scored 18 PL goals in 30 games in an average Man U side and 6 CL goals in 7 games.

3rd overall top score in the league last season.

Exactly. He also scored all these goals with a weak midfield. He's right about most things in his interview but on the other hand he knew where he was going and he was aware of the management issues ManU had from top to bottom. Was he expecting to resolve all these problems by himself? Well, judging from his character probably the answer is yes. 

I might not fully like his character but he's one of the top players that has my full respect especially if you compare him to the likes of Neymar and some others. 

I wouldn't even mind if he joined us despite his age. Ofc it will never happen. 

• Like 1

CR7 is finished at United. He is stumbling over his own ego and has given a clumsy interview to Piers Morgan who is one of the best at headline grabbing interviews as he sucks the interviewee's in to trip over their own shoelaces. Man Utd will hate this, the fall out, the manager can never pick him again. He will go out on a sour note - not legacy shattering but reaffirms Messi's position as the best ever. Not sure where he goes from here....... 

Build an effective team around Ronaldo and he will still score plenty of goals but you can seldom do that or carry a player in the PL, that's why the likes of Giroud, Dzeko and others leave the PL but still appear to deliver in inferior leagues like Italy.

Would he ever go to the MLS? Surely he will end up back at Sporting.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Build an effective team around Ronaldo and he will still score plenty of goals but you can seldom do that or carry a player in the PL, that's why the likes of Giroud, Dzeko and others leave the PL but still appear to deliver in inferior leagues like Italy.

Would he ever go to the MLS? Surely he will end up back at Sporting.

I doubt he’ll rock up at DC United !

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

"Farmers league" to "stat pad"?? He scored 18 league goals in our league last season.

The bizzare ignorance of how he actually did last year is pretty astounding. All because he doesn't press as well as people think united should. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

CR7 is finished at United. He is stumbling over his own ego and has given a clumsy interview to Piers Morgan who is one of the best at headline grabbing interviews as he sucks the interviewee's in to trip over their own shoelaces. Man Utd will hate this, the fall out, the manager can never pick him again. He will go out on a sour note - not legacy shattering but reaffirms Messi's position as the best ever. Not sure where he goes from here....... 

The club would have known about this interview for a long time. He himself spoke about doing this interview in August. 

He's just forced Utd's hand whilst exposing what everyone already knew. Man utd is ran beyond poorly. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

14 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Just comes across as a self entitled arsehole doesn’t he.

Obviously leaves in January - either the US, Sporting or potentially a move back to Madrid or Italy.

It was a self entitled arse hole criminal, interviewing a self entitled arse hole criminal. Simple as that

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sorry, I should have maybe worded my original response better. 

He doesn’t make United a better team. 

Build a team Around him and he’ll Score. Can he and should he be the number one player though? He can’t play Premier league football to the rota that is required week in / week out at the required level to push for trophies.

When I say level, I meant to aid the team to push Man City, Liverpool etc. 

As a player, his brilliance (and selfishness) will always mean goals. 

• Like 1

i’ve never been able to appreciate ronaldo, which for a top top player is rare for me. But I have never been able to stand the weasel. 

He can’t get attention on the pitch so he seeks it elsewhere. He genuinely has a god complex and I am enjoying watching his downfall. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

I reckon Ronaldo has been brilliant…his character..

I always put balance into people I don’t know..even meeting once..

see him sign balls or shirts, out of the blue…spoke to fans no problem.

loved to be around youngsters & happy to talk football to anyone..

Never ran away…

Has had unsavoury unproven stories written over & about him.

In social media against all society rules…it seems guilty until proved innocent

Returned to united, after a real successful full of achievement career…

I don’t count the noise nor BS surrounding Ronaldo, but would believe he in

football has earnt & deserves respect. Especially from within changing rooms,

Manutd peers & other sporting peers. I do think some of his managers might not

grasp,no need to clash personalities,and prove what an hard case you are,in relevance to, either Ronaldo/Messi/.  Etc type of player.

Piers Morgan interview should of been conducted on home turf..

judged on too many differentiating contradicting points,from casual football

supporters…Anybody calling him names,just muddies the waters,and no chance of any rapport….Why try and slate someone’s career…

Other off-field complaints ,If proven guilty ,

his after football career will suffer enough…

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I reckon Ronaldo has been brilliant…his character..

I always put balance into people I don’t know..even meeting once..

see him sign balls or shirts, out of the blue…spoke to fans no problem.

loved to be around youngsters & happy to talk football to anyone..

Never ran away…

Has had unsavoury unproven stories written over & about him.

In social media against all society rules…it seems guilty until proved innocent

Returned to united, after a real successful full of achievement career…

I don’t count the noise nor BS surrounding Ronaldo, but would believe he in

football has earnt & deserves respect. Especially from within changing rooms,

Manutd peers & other sporting peers. I do think some of his managers might not

grasp,no need to clash personalities,and prove what an hard case you are,in relevance to, either Ronaldo/Messi/.  Etc type of player.

Piers Morgan interview should of been conducted on home turf..

judged on too many differentiating contradicting points,from casual football

supporters…Anybody calling him names,just muddies the waters,and no chance of any rapport….Why try and slate someone’s career…

Other off-field complaints ,If proven guilty ,

his after football career will suffer enough…

Smashing up phones?