Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

29 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I don't know why but Sterling to Chelsea seems like an odd match for some reason. The one thing they're not short on is wingers

None of them are particularly reliable goalscorers though - nobody apart from Mount hit double figures for them in the league, which Sterling has done five seasons in a row. I suspect he won't be quite as effective there but still I don't think there's any question he's an upgrade on the likes of Ziyech, Pulisic and Hudson-Odoi.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guest said:

None of them are particularly reliable goalscorers though - nobody apart from Mount hit double figures for them in the league, which Sterling has done five seasons in a row. I suspect he won't be quite as effective there but still I don't think there's any question he's an upgrade on the likes of Ziyech, Pulisic and Hudson-Odoi.

Yeah I guess so. I just don't see it as a natural fit for some reason 

56 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Christ, I swear the majority of 14-18 year olds sentences consist of 50% saying "naaah" and "bro".

It's fascinating hearing conversations in public, they just have a set of 10-15 phrases that they keep repeating to each other and somehow turn it into a conversation of sorts.

Just now, filbertway said:

Christ, I swear the majority of 14-18 year olds sentences consist of 50% saying "naaah" and "bro".

It's fascinating hearing conversations in public, they just have a set of 10-15 phrases that they keep repeating to each other and somehow turn it into a conversation of sorts.

I find it quite embarrassing. 😕

• Like 1

On 10/07/2022 at 12:17, ARTY_FOX said:

If you think Ronaldo is the problem  with man utd's dressing room god help you. 

He's not far off the only good thing about it lol

It looks clear as day to me, the squad drops of after he comes, players around him reduce their output as the team focuses more and more on him, with the team focused on him then he appears to be the one important piece of the jigsaw. The game against us he gave our defenders a rest because of his refusal to press us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

It looks clear as day to me, the squad drops of after he comes, players around him reduce their output as the team focuses more and more on him, with the team focused on him then he appears to be the one important piece of the jigsaw. The game against us he gave our defenders a rest because of his refusal to press us.

Exactly!!

he broke 75% of their team and lost ole the job! 

he put added pressure on free kicks and pens and took the limelight off of fernandes and made him a passenger in ‘get ronaldo the ball’. Whose output was better than ronaldo’s the season before and clearly thrives as the leader 

he put pressure on the captain and made imposter syndrome hit hard. 

he knocked the confidence out of rashford. 

he exiled cavani 

how was ole supposed to manage when everyone was saying he was taking control and had the power to make ole re-think any ideas he had. another case of imposter syndrome 

And finally he took all the shine away from sancho… made him into a rotation option 

If you think ronaldo isn’t the problem then you just don’t understand how a dressing room works. 

I played for a team once that just clicked despite not having the most talent. One week a guy started bringing a mate along who used to be in accringtons youth team he was obviously quality but we were shit every time he came. Talent doesn’t equal success if you aren’t a good fit 

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

ManU 4 up against Liverpool in a friendly.

Erik Ten Hag instructions in training of banning sideways and backward passes and telling the players of just going forward and attack seems to have had a positive effect.

Yes it had a positive effect on a friendly showcase/circus somewhere in Asia. Let's see what happens when a simple mistake in an official game leaves exposed their whole defence. If Ten Hag thinks he can convert the PL to a Dutch league he's due to a big disappointment. 

• Like 2