Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, NasPb said:

Yup. When Potter is fired come seasons end will see

The new Chelsea owner is a grade A nut job so I'm not ruling out Potter getting fired but Arsenal & Arteta have shown the benefits of giving a Manager time.

Potter is a good manager  but no-one is fixing that mess overnight

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Yup. When Potter is fired come seasons end will see

Would prove nothing. Dyche never entertained leaving Burnley and try a job with expectation. 

Brighton and Burnley’s budgets were not million miles apart. Both of them had similar seasons when it comes to their highest finishes but can’t remember Burnley ever getting to level what Brighton did this season.  

Always think the greatest mark of manager is what state the squad is left in. In which case Potter wins and is exactly why he’s got a problem now, he’s been left with a right weird squad at Chelsea 

Edited by CosbehFox

23 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

The new Chelsea owner is a grade A nut job so I'm not ruling out Potter getting fired but Arsenal & Arteta have shown the benefits of giving a Manager time.

Potter is a good manager  but no-one is fixing that mess overnight

Won't be surprised if someone likes Everton might be tempted to hang on to Lampard just a little longer and wait for when Potter comes available. Potter proved he can do a job, I just don't seem him seeing out the Chelsea job. Fans have already turned on him.  

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Would prove nothing. Dyche never entertained leaving Burnley and try a job with expectation. 

Brighton and Burnley’s budgets were not million miles apart. Both of them had similar seasons when it comes to their highest finishes but can’t remember Burnley ever getting to level what Brighton did this season.  

Always think the greatest mark of manager is what state the squad is left in. In which case Potter wins and is exactly why he’s got a problem now, he’s been left with a right weird squad at Chelsea 

Good point..

I reckon, Potter gets a few games after

W.cup.

17 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Baffles me that there's still people defending Ronaldo. 

Wouldn't want him within a hundred miles of any club I followed. Not denying his ability but there's more to being an asset to your squad than skill. 

Goals or not, his presence makes United worse. Selling him is a net gain. 

Just look at his depth of career & respect he shown to clubs & country.

Noise around him, I say innocent until proven guilty of over-stepping any real bounds. England is always contrere type of publicity...

Look..he has that type of face & characteristics  you really want to punch, but so do many other stars,sort of a  baby assassin, Tielemans too,but we can't sign them guilty because of facial-characteristics.

I witnessed him, without any promotions stints,promised to give up his free time to help young boys & girls,not just one day but a few days.Kept rather low key & apparently he has done it a few times,through his travels..So if one collects negative points,one must also  tot up the other side.

The elephant in the room & other issues, none of us can comment on,we know nothing of any situation..Anybody can be a **** a few times in their lives,

So long as they don't use it(****), to become one..

24 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

The recruitment staff is unusual tho. Fairly sure Chelsea nabbed Saints main head on that rather than Brighton 

I wish it was unusual in our case :D

I think you're right though, unless the Brighton recruitment staff are under different roles?

17 hours ago, NasPb said:

Sean dyche is a miles better manager than Potter. 

There was a good interview with him on talksport he mentions liking going to games in the midlands but can’t in case he is spotted and linked to the job.

Talks about BR at the end and answer questions about the style of play he is know for, and says that what it had to be to keep Burnley in the league for 7 seasons 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Dyche got Burnley into Europe.