Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

19 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Baffles me that there's still people defending Ronaldo. 

Wouldn't want him within a hundred miles of any club I followed. Not denying his ability but there's more to being an asset to your squad than skill. 

Goals or not, his presence makes United worse. Selling him is a net gain. 

It's not all 1 way, they probably told him he was pinnacle in the direction of the club & he would be this & he would be that etc...when in reality they just wanted his name.
They had £187m in shirts sales in the 1st 10days of him rejoining as well as all the other revenue streams he comes with, they wanted Ronaldo the cash machine but sold it to him as he would be the Red Machine.

What surprised me more in the interview was the statement about how the club has stood still since he 1st left (also SAF) that's the clubs main issue there they haven't moved on when advancements in the game & everything around it has, again they have been relying on the name & brand to pull them through since SAF left.

but I do get he's still playing & contracted to them so it is a little naughty to do this now

edit: Having said that last sentence & pressing send you wonder if he would be sat with Piers had SAF not convined him to join & ended up at Man C instead. I think there he would see the bigger picture & be happy to be a bit part player as everything about that club has advanced where as he sees Man U are going backwards & sometimes you have to speak out.
You never know it could jolt Man U to look at themselves?

Edited by BKLFox

23 hours ago, NasPb said:

Sean dyche is a miles better manager than Potter. 

Speaking of Dyche I never tire of pundits bigging him up for any job going in the Premier League.

Guest Col city fan

I’m a bit torn on the Ronaldo interview. Firstly, he’s saying what tons of others have said, eg. Neville, about the Glazers.

But then I think they are the same owners that are paying him 400k per week!

I think that’s possibly called ‘biting the hand that feeds’.

Can’t see him playing again ever for Utd, of course, and I think that’s the best thing now for the club.

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I’m a bit torn on the Ronaldo interview. Firstly, he’s saying what tons of others have said, eg. Neville, about the Glazers.

But then I think they are the same owners that are paying him 400k per week!

I think that’s possibly called ‘biting the hand that feeds’.

Can’t see him playing again ever for Utd, of course, and I think that’s the best thing now for the club.

Some truths but he is part of the football problem.  His high wages have to be recovered somehow. Increase ticket prices, charge more for tops etc.

He needs to shut his mouth in a time when others can't pay their groceries, electric or gas bills and take the cash for doing nothing.  I know that's conflating issues but i dont feel sorry for him. Blessed to be making good coin, blessed to be playing football at 37, blessed to  not have to worry financially. Blessed to be living out everyones dream of being a professional football player making £.

If he thinks he has it bad come work for my boss making my salary. I say something i have no job. He says something he cries into his millions.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

At least 1 bet a week

Trippier got a 10 week ban for 4 breaches...

Joey Barton got 18 months reduced to 13, for 1000 bets over 10 years.

This is going to be big trouble, could end his season, depending on the context of the bets

Edited by coolhandfox

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

Could they sever his contract? Or dock his pay?

Their fans were expecting him to leave in January (says their forum) so they won’t be able to sell now you would imagine. Really crap situation for them, especially if they had been planning for a sale, he may have double screwed them over.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Didn't Trippier give inside information on his transfer? 

Trippier's punishment definitely didnt fit the crime.

Didnt his ban coincidently fit betwee  two international breaks? Atletico and Simeone were right pissed off.

22 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Joey Barton got 18 months reduced to 13, for 1000 bets over 10 years.

This is going to be big trouble, could end his season, depending on the context of the bets

Most likely like Joey Barton's which was just £5-10 in play bets spread over a long period of time.

Such a stupid rule, assuming it's just betting on random games. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

There are good reasons for having a blanket ban 

Mainly laziness on the FA's part.

It's easy to get around anyway so there's no excuse to get caught. Place bets in cash or get a mate/family member to stick them on for you.