Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I could be thousands of pounds down on roulette in a warped attempt to get back what was mine from a minor loss. I might have to retract what you said above about being an idiot because that is idiocy personified.

No, you're unfair to yourself. That's addiction personified, not idiocy.

Edited by Manley Farrington-Brown
  • Like 2

Interesting in amongst all the Graham Potter hype, I found out last week he has no interest in/doesn't believe in strength and conditioning work.

Wants all fitness to be gained on the training pitch. It's up to players individually if they want to do gym sessions in their own time.

Seems bonkers to be honest, not sure how long he'll get away with trying stuff like that on at big clubs. Essentially he cancelled a very large gym refit contract that was about to go ahead.

16 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Interesting in amongst all the Graham Potter hype, I found out last week he has no interest in/doesn't believe in strength and conditioning work.

Wants all fitness to be gained on the training pitch. It's up to players individually if they want to do gym sessions in their own time.

Seems bonkers to be honest, not sure how long he'll get away with trying stuff like that on at big clubs. Essentially he cancelled a very large gym refit contract that was about to go ahead.

Bloody hell! That's absolutely insane. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Have you got a link or article, tried a few google searches but no dice.

Considering how I've seen his Brighton team take the game to teams till the very end of games, I'd be surprised if the base level wasn't still good.

45 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Considering how I've seen his Brighton team take the game to teams till the very end of games, I'd be surprised if the base level wasn't still good.

Direct from the person who had the gym contract ready to go! wont be news worthy.

I guess base fitness probably can be done on the training bitch, match fitness especially. And I’m sure a lot of players make use of their own gyms and trainers. But to not want it as a big part of the clubs processes just seems a bit backwards. 

• Like 2

Just now, AjcW said:

Direct from the person who had the gym contract ready to go! wont be news worthy.

I guess base fitness probably can be done on the training bitch, match fitness especially. And I’m sure a lot of players make use of their own gyms and trainers. But to not want it as a big part of the clubs processes just seems a bit backwards. 

Ahh fair enough lol Sounds like someone is bitter at losing a contract to me :ph34r:

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

Yeah they had a very good record for scoring late goals 

6 hours ago, AjcW said:

Quite the opposite actually. 

Journo's would be over that like a rash.

I don't believe it for a second.

It's not the 1970's. 

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

If they are going to do everything they can to end his contract, you have to wonder why they haven't done the same with Mason Greenwood when what he has done is infinitely worse. Seems a bit ****ed up to go to one extreme when a player criticises the club but to say virtually nothing when a player sexually assaults his girlfriend.

I realise that the Greenwood thing is ongoing but still, seems weirdly disproportionate to me.

Greenwood hasn’t been found guilty of anything.  Mendy is in the same situation. Players have contracts and ronaldo is actually guilty of breaking his responsibilities within it and therefore almost certainly that contract. Once the assault/rape cases are settled, the clubs will take action. Then is the time to assess the responses. 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Greenwood hasn’t been found guilty of anything.  Mendy is in the same situation. Players have contracts and ronaldo is actually guilty of breaking his responsibilities and therefore his contract. Once the assault/rape cases are settled, the clubs will take action. Then is the time to assess the responses. 

Spot on

3 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

If they are going to do everything they can to end his contract, you have to wonder why they haven't done the same with Mason Greenwood when what he has done is infinitely worse. Seems a bit ****ed up to go to one extreme when a player criticises the club but to say virtually nothing when a player sexually assaults his girlfriend.

I realise that the Greenwood thing is ongoing but still, seems weirdly disproportionate to me.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Greenwood hasn’t been found guilty of anything.  Mendy is in the same situation. Players have contracts and ronaldo is actually guilty of breaking his responsibilities within it and therefore almost certainly that contract. Once the assault/rape cases are settled, the clubs will take action. Then is the time to assess the responses. 

Exactly this. The club's actions are proportionate, in that we don't yet know if Greenwood and Mendy have done anything wrong. Ronaldo's actions were broadcast.

Greenwood and Mendy are legally innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If found guilty, expect them to be, quite rightly, out immediately.  If they were sacked due to the charges and then found not guilty, the clubs would be in a legal storm.

In exactly the same way, if your employer sacked you for an alleged offence, and then you were found not guilty. A wrongful dismissal lawsuit would be immediate.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AjcW said:

Not sure that would be allowed nowadays 😝

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, GoonerJeeves said:

The man is an absolute disgrace. Moaned and groaned that Arteta should be sacked, now that we are doing well he's pretending he never said a word. If someone ever wants to bury Arsenal football club, appoint Piers Morgan to the board. Total cretin.

That’s Pier’s. Juno’s on bandwagons then says he never took the ride. Bellend. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Siuuuuuuuuuuuuuu later, bye

He’s a Real Madrid legend. 

He’s a former Manchester United player. 

I still don’t think he’d have racked up the same numbers if he’d have stayed in the Premier League. 

• Like 1