Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

34 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Inspite of his goals Man United are a better team without him, unfortunately.

They made the mistake,in not playing to his strengths..just criminal man & football management.

That said the interview,the words in the short past,ill advised..He alianised some of

his dedicated fans..

But I tell you these two things, Manutd suffered more with this departure,the managers didn’t have the maturity in recognising how to utilise him,so they went macho..!

and through his career he and Messi are special,and put extra bums on seats,or

that extra thought to go to a neutral ground to seem them…

Shame there is this ridiculous black mark on his career. Maybe 60% of what he revealed or said many would agree,it was just the rest of the crap…

My god was he good driving forward & with the ball…..So I say it’s easy to be an idiot, every blog shows this,but few can get people on their feet like Ronaldo..

He often does things  3 by 3..

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, Sly said:

He’s a Real Madrid legend. 

He’s a former Manchester United player. 

I still don’t think he’d have racked up the same numbers if he’d have stayed in the Premier League. 

I thin he would have done pretty good, in the CL against the PL clubs his has 9 goals in 13 games.

When you consider that's against the best 4 PL clubs each season, I'm pretty sure he would have racked up good numbers.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

They made the mistake,in not playing to his strengths..just criminal man & football management.

That said the interview,the words in the short past,ill advised..He alianised some of

his dedicated fans..

But I tell you these two things, Manutd suffered more with this departure,the managers didn’t have the maturity in recognising how to utilise him,so they went macho..!

and through his career he and Messi are special,and put extra bums on seats,or

that extra thought to go to a neutral ground to seem them…

Shame there is this ridiculous black mark on his career. Maybe 60% of what he revealed or said many would agree,it was just the rest of the crap…

My god was he good driving forward & with the ball…..So I say it’s easy to be an idiot, every blog shows this,but few can get people on their feet like Ronaldo..

He often does things  3 by 3..

I'm not denying his place as one of the all-time greats. He's one of the top 3 players of all-time imo. But the game has moved on massively, even in just the last few years. Today's managers and coaches, for better or worse, now demand a high-pressing game from their players. They really don't have any time for divas who wander idly around the pitch and who only come alive when the ball comes within 5-yards of them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Glazers putting Manchester United up for sale

11 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Don't know what to make of that. Maybe a ruse to deflect anger from the pro Ronnie element?

Seems quite a coincidence that Liverpool's owners are doing exactly the same.

More likely it's a move to make the Super League happen.

Chelsea's new owner would be all over it too.

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Or perhaps because they don’t believe English teams will be allowed to compete in a super league of the type they need (ie. Guaranteed income ) 

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Inspite of his goals Man United are a better team without him, unfortunately.

Someone said this when he signed for them again and I can't remember who it was but they were bang on. They said that they'd no doubt Ronaldo would still score a decent amount of goals but that the team would suffer in the long run and its what happened. 

Ronaldo in his first stint at Man Utd was a phenomenon, his attacking output then was devastating. He evolved even more so at Real but then in his latter years there / Juventus he has become a striker and not a forward/ winger and all he has done for a while is be busy around the box. Pressing is non existent and his creativity regressed massively.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Or perhaps because they don’t believe English teams will be allowed to compete in a super league of the type they need (ie. Guaranteed income ) 

United and Liverpool are both pleading poverty (my heart bleeds)

Effectively saying they can't compete at the highest level without more money.

Softening up the fans ready for a Super League. 

The clubs involved last time got a hammering, but now, by saying they need more investment, it'll make the fans think it would be a good thing.

2 hours ago, Sly said:

He’s a Real Madrid legend. 

He’s a former Manchester United player. 

I still don’t think he’d have racked up the same numbers if he’d have stayed in the Premier League. 

He scored against some of the greatest defenders in La Liga, in the World, he has scored hat tricks for Portugal including one at the last World Cup against Spain.

I highly doubt the likes of West Brom, Burnley, Swansea, Blackpool etc would have stopped him if he’d had stayed at Manchester United.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

The clubs involved last time got a hammering, but now, by saying they need more investment, it'll make the fans think it would be a good thing.

The govt review of top level football is apparently back on the agenda - that won’t allow a super league without meritocracy. The premier league dont want this independent control of football so they may have to ingrain opposition to it in their rules and regs to try and avoid it  

the yanks are in PL football for the money - they have likely judged that current club valuations are as high as they will get over the next few years without sig investment which they don’t want to make. 

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He scored against some of the greatest defenders in La Liga, in the World, he has scored hat tricks for Portugal including one at the last World Cup against Spain.

I highly doubt the likes of West Brom, Burnley, Swansea, Blackpool etc would have stopped him if he’d had stayed at Manchester United.

He's getting older mate, he did all that in the past. Those days are long gone. He might have odd moment, but there's only one way he's heading now and he's not on an upwards spiral. We're seeing it with our own Vardy, he scored 20 plus goals most season, 11 games in a row, hat tricks against Peps Man City (twice), none of that is happening again, let's be honest.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

He's getting older mate, he did all that in the past. Those days are long gone. He might have odd moment, but there's only one way he's heading now and he's not on an upwards spiral. We're seeing it with our own Vardy, he scored 20 plus goals most season, 11 games in a row, hat tricks against Peps Man City (twice), none of that is happening again, let's be honest.

Yeah, OP said he wouldn’t have got the numbers he did if he stayed at Man Utd. That’s what I was replying too.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah, OP said he wouldn’t have got the numbers he did if he stayed at Man Utd. That’s what I was replying too.

Fair enough, didn't see the first post. Well didn't read it anyway lol

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm not denying his place as one of the all-time greats. He's one of the top 3 players of all-time imo. But the game has moved on massively, even in just the last few years. Today's managers and coaches, for better or worse, now demand a high-pressing game from their players. They really don't have any time for divas who wander idly around the pitch and who only come alive when the ball comes within 5-yards of them.

More the shame..but he does his tracking & defensive duties,and never forget

when he plays,we don’t know what the individual managers say,other than the last.

And if you score goals,a manager can’t afford confrontational pride with a player,

that delivers 90% of the time..He’s had his youth , and his ears burnt,

Messi Ronaldo need other mature managers that know how to use them,and not

brow-beat legends…

oh Ronaldo was wrong,but not the instigator.

Insulted has a sub…,! Not the right way..

plus other issues..

Edited by fuchsntf

39 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Interesting…makes you think Dunn it..,!

39 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Making hay whilst the sun shines I reckon, sell now before the arse properly drops out of the global economy next year

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Making hay whilst the sun shines I reckon, sell now before the arse properly drops out of the global economy next year

There are only so many huge deals that can be carried within a year or so. 
Chelsea has happened.  Liverpool are for sale. The glazers may have decided that if there is a huge wedge of money looking for a big English club then they could nip in ahead of liverpool to a prospective consortium. 

otherwise it could be another couple of years before they can get the £4 billion they likely want. 

Ronaldo's a really tricky one. On one hand I think he's right in many respects in terms of what he said regarding how the standards have slipped at United.

There was a time when it'd be unimaginable to even contemplate them being outside the European elite let alone being outside the top 4 clubs in England. They were a machine, where everyone held each other to account and any less than 100% wasn't tolerated. They've lost that leadership and cultural identity and developed a soft underbelly whereby sub par performances are now tolerated/acceptable. I thought it was a shrewd move when they signed him as I was expecting having him around would raise everyone's game and his professionalism would rub off on the youngsters but for some reason that simply hasn't happened. 

He's still clearly capable of playing at the top level however as with everyone, age has caught up with him and he isn't as mobile as he needs to be to play 90 minutes pressing from the front. Herein lies his problem in my opinion. He's letting his ego get in the way of reality. If he accepted that his legs aren't what they used to be and was happy to be an impact player coming off the bench he'd chalk up goals for fun and make a sizeable contribution to the team.

The problem he has now is where does he go from here. All the top teams seem to want to play a high press so unless he ends up at Chelsea I'm not sure he'll have too many takers especially if he's insistent on being a starter. I'd expect his wage demands are too high for Bundesliga, meaning he'll either have to consider a lower tier PL team who splash the cash such as Newcastle, Villa, etc. or head to a retirement league like the MLS which I personally think he's too good for. 

24 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Ronaldo's a really tricky one. On one hand I think he's right in many respects in terms of what he said regarding how the standards have slipped at United.

There was a time when it'd be unimaginable to even contemplate them being outside the European elite let alone being outside the top 4 clubs in England. They were a machine, where everyone held each other to account and any less than 100% wasn't tolerated. They've lost that leadership and cultural identity and developed a soft underbelly whereby sub par performances are now tolerated/acceptable. I thought it was a shrewd move when they signed him as I was expecting having him around would raise everyone's game and his professionalism would rub off on the youngsters but for some reason that simply hasn't happened. 

He's still clearly capable of playing at the top level however as with everyone, age has caught up with him and he isn't as mobile as he needs to be to play 90 minutes pressing from the front. Herein lies his problem in my opinion. He's letting his ego get in the way of reality. If he accepted that his legs aren't what they used to be and was happy to be an impact player coming off the bench he'd chalk up goals for fun and make a sizeable contribution to the team.

The problem he has now is where does he go from here. All the top teams seem to want to play a high press so unless he ends up at Chelsea I'm not sure he'll have too many takers especially if he's insistent on being a starter. I'd expect his wage demands are too high for Bundesliga, meaning he'll either have to consider a lower tier PL team who splash the cash such as Newcastle, Villa, etc. or head to a retirement league like the MLS which I personally think he's too good for. 

If only a decent wage he would be happy with, he could go home to Portugal,

play CL football.

Interesting if he has a decent Wcup..

Edited by fuchsntf