Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

28 minutes ago, The Bear said:

So Utd want £6bn for the club. 

And no doubt there'll be people like Saudis or similar willing to pay it. At that price it's not going to be anyone ethical is it!! 

Best case (for fans of Utd) is Ratcliffe as majority owner with the help of some investors. 

He's a United fan and has expressed his interest a bunch of times. 

He's also a very smart man seriously interested in sporting success with the wisdom to seek out appropriate experts to help him run a sports club. Would be bad news for the rest of the league. 

• Like 3

Regarding the Man Utd and Liverpool sales. If they were to be sold to Arabs, the positive could be that they aren’t interested in a Super League. They don’t need the money, the PL is big enough for them to sportswash, while probably keeping the local fanbase happy.

I’m obviously against the idea of sportswashing but it could have an alternative positive impact for English football.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Regarding the Man Utd and Liverpool sales. If they were to be sold to Arabs, the positive could be that they aren’t interested in a Super League. They don’t need the money, the PL is big enough for them to sportswash, while probably keeping the local fanbase happy.

I’m obviously against the idea of sportswashing but it could have an alternative positive impact for English football.

Ahhh Gianni Infantino, as I live and breathe

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

12 hours ago, filbertway said:

Ahhh Gianni Infantino, as I live and breathe

Today… I am a transsexual, paraplegic, dwarf…. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Is that a FIFA rule? I'm sure a few envelopes of cash could negotiate...

54 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

You can’t have a World Cup in Winter, but here we are…

Man U and psg in the CL same group or drawn against each other 

both same owner 

how does that work ? 

I think there must be rules to ensure it can’t happen 

of course they could own it via a third party but what would be the point ? They aren’t doing it for the money. 

I'm not sure it will be rich Arabs. There's plenty of money splashing around the US/Asia. With Liverpool and Utd being truly global brands with huge fan bases outside of England, they'll be interesting propositions for bona fide business people.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Man U and psg in the CL same group or drawn against each other 

both same owner 

how does that work ? 

I think there must be rules to ensure it can’t happen 

of course they could own it via a third party but what would be the point ? They aren’t doing it for the money. 

There was in 2018 when RB Leipzig and FC Red Bull Salzburg qualified for the UEFA Champions League

Article 5 of the Regulations of the UEFA Champions League 2015 – 2018 Cycle states that, where two clubs that are commonly owned qualify for the same UEFA competition, the one with the lower UEFA co-efficient ranking will not be allowed to compete in the relevant competition.

Both clubs were forced to make governance and structural changes in respect of corporate matters, financing, personnel, sponsorship arrangements.

Edited by coolhandfox

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

I'm not sure it will be rich Arabs. There's plenty of money splashing around the US/Asia. With Liverpool and Utd being truly global brands with huge fan bases outside of England, they'll be interesting propositions for bona fide business people.

I think liverpool more likely to go to a sub continent/se Asian ownership (Dubai may wait and see how much is bid and then gazump everyone) 

On 23/11/2022 at 04:03, Finnegan said:

Best case (for fans of Utd) is Ratcliffe as majority owner with the help of some investors. 

He's a United fan and has expressed his interest a bunch of times. 

He's also a very smart man seriously interested in sporting success with the wisdom to seek out appropriate experts to help him run a sports club. Would be bad news for the rest of the league. 

This is the grand finale of the Glazers’ “Bleed Out Every Last Cent” tour de force.

They will take the highest reliable bid, whatever the origin of the funds, and certainly without regard for future stewardship of the club.

Seen some chat about apple being interested in Man U 

once they realise that buying Man U will push a lot of global users to android, they will likely rethink !

I would have thought that big companies will have to take this factor into account - of course apple/Google/Amazon should be looking to buy us - there aren’t enough tree supporters out there to worry about ! 

1 hour ago, Danizen said:

Another step in the wrong direction for this sport.

I say let them have their super league. Let them wank themselves silly over how many Chinese fans buy their merch. 

Leave the rest of us with scaled down but massively competitive league where any one of about 15 clubs have a realistic chance of being Champions if they get their acts together 

Leave the hedgefunds, the petrodollar state clubs and the marketing clubs to their own, plastic self serving devices. 

innit - couldn't give two ****s about those clubs being in the league. in fact i'd prefer it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danizen said:

Another step in the wrong direction for this sport.

I say let them have their super league. Let them wank themselves silly over how many Chinese fans buy their merch. 

Leave the rest of us with scaled down but massively competitive league where any one of about 15 clubs have a realistic chance of being Champions if they get their acts together 

Leave the hedgefunds, the petrodollar state clubs and the marketing clubs to their own, plastic self serving devices. 

The more I think of it, the more I agree. Let Man United/ City, Liverpool, Chelsea all bugger off and bring up 4 from the Championship. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Saudi Arabia sports minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Turki Al-Faisal reveals to Sky News his country's ambition to take over both Manchester United and Liverpool.

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Wonder if their fans will really care who takes over if it means particularly in the case of Man U getting some success like they used to have - catching up with Man City etc?

Of course. See deluded Newcastle fans.

• Like 1