Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

56 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I don't think most fans at any club care who owns them as long as its someone who's incredibly rich and willing to splash their cash.

That's the truth...let's be honest the fans of yesteryear ( my old generation)

Couldn't care either, the richer the Haulage firm,or Scaffolding business the better...

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

That's the truth...let's be honest the fans of yesteryear ( my old generation)

Couldn't care either, the richer the Haulage firm,or Scaffolding business the better...

I'm not so sure, when I started watching I had no knowledge of who the ref was or the owners and I had no interest in them probably because no one really mentioned them other than the name of the ref. No one really questioned the ref and all post match talk was reliving the goals or near misses which is rarely how it is one here.

TV and the Media have changed all that.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, davieG said:

I'm not so sure, when I started watching I had no knowledge of who the ref was or the owners and I had no interest in them probably because no one really mentioned them other than the name of the ref. No one really questioned the ref and all post match talk was reliving the goals or near misses which is rarely how it is one here.

Modern life is rubbish.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Oh agree on the TV media, the journals media have had always that bottom dredgers, trawing  & speculation,

Also direction owners.

The 50-60s,the society wasn't fai yet Soap-opera style of discussion.

Flat-cap sarcasm at the pub corner table,or Monday morning on the shop floor was about it..

6 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

The oil states takeover of the UK is getting a bit much now. They now own our government, own most of the land in the UK and will now take over football.

Maybe they can bring some oil with them and lower the energy prices! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Iran said:

Good that they stuck with Gary O'Neil instead of going for Marcelo Bielsa as previously rumored.

Definitely deserves a shot. He's clearly got the players on side and he's doing about as well as can be expected for a newly promoted side. He's earned his chance.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Tbf, Beale was there under gerrard and that makes a difference. rangers are a huge club, especially if you’ve worked there before and got context. 

he rejected them as qpr were doing well. now they've stuttered he's ****ed off. 

image.png.69a1e34215bdd83bbddc3730f0c51636.png

• Like 1

He has been decent in Brazil the past couple of seasons

But he is 29 in January and I don’t think you ever really see players that old move from that league to a top European league?

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him turn up at Olympiakos

Can the football authorities, clubs, managers please take note.

Former England captain Michael Atherton on Sky Sports: “It has to be one of England’s finest ever Test match wins. I couldn’t think of another England team that would have won the game on this pitch.

"Even if the result had gone against England today I don’t think you would have had anyone criticise it. It gave us a fantastic last day. The crowd was brilliant and enthralled. What is the point of sport if it isn’t about that?”

Sure it's not easy to do for every game but taking a few risks and having some belief now and then wouldn't hurt.

• Like 2