Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

On 25/11/2022 at 16:15, davieG said:

I'm not so sure, when I started watching I had no knowledge of who the ref was or the owners and I had no interest in them probably because no one really mentioned them other than the name of the ref. No one really questioned the ref and all post match talk was reliving the goals or near misses which is rarely how it is one here.

TV and the Media have changed all that.

You was a kid devoid of club politics and workings…

The ref..even back then fans had songs about the ref…and spectacle-ref jeers.

The East stand,not the Kop were where most of pre-kop chants & loud banter came from..Pubs & social clubs football banter on club ownership went far back,than the 60-70s media. 

37 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

You was a kid devoid of club politics and workings…

The ref..even back then fans had songs about the ref…and spectacle-ref jeers.

The East stand,not the Kop were where most of pre-kop chants & loud banter came from..Pubs & social clubs football banter on club ownership went far back,than the 60-70s media. 

Spent time in the East Stand.

I was referring more to post match chat and the media reporting.

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

He has been decent in Brazil the past couple of seasons

But he is 29 in January and I don’t think you ever really see players that old move from that league to a top European league?

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him turn up at Olympiakos

or he’s just a quick fix, like lingard was supposed to be. 

17 goals 18 assists, player of the season. Let’s be honest, we’d be excited 

36 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Ok bud.. Got ya..! :cheers:

don’t want to rub up the wrong way one of my favourite posters on FT

No problem I don’t feel rub up :P

42 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Randomly came across George Graham at a hospital in London today.

He had time to discuss football/World Cup.

A genuinely nice bloke.

I've been to Derek Redmond's house today.

Only with work, he didn't invite me in or anything lol

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Not sure if I'd be comfortable in being a Bournemouth fan in having a new owner that wants total control of everything..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63982991

can’t say i read that the same way as you.  Clearly the bbc are trying to mislead with the dictator quotes. 

He’s just saying he wants to be able to make the top level decisions, which is what all owners do. His point was that the other projects would just have him as a minority owner and he wouldn’t get an actual say on the decisions… which is accurate. 

I’d actually be excited reading that as a bournemouth fan. New training ground, bigger stadium and the potential of feeder clubs in france and belgium… not too dissimilar to what our owners are doing and we love them 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Lambert09

12 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Still amazes me that since George Graham inspired Spurs to beat us in the League Cup Final, they’ve only won one more League Cup, where as, we have won the League Cup, FA Cup, Charity Shield and the Premier League!

We also won league one and the championship 

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

I'm not sure why someone has done a laughing reaction at this tbh. Shifting football fans in that part of the world is a generational thing and one they're well on track with. 

Then again people seem to laugh at Man City for offering affordable tickets for big games while they're no doubt shelling out double to watch their club contest a dead rubber against Bournemouth so I'm not surprised.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'm not sure why someone has done a laughing reaction at this tbh. Shifting football fans in that part of the world is a generational thing and one they're well on track with. 

Then again people seem to laugh at Man City for offering affordable tickets for big games while they're no doubt shelling out double to watch their club contest a dead rubber against Bournemouth so I'm not surprised.

The Etihad looks more interesting than most grounds because they’ve made piecemeal extensions too.

Empty seats jokes haven’t been very funny for at least 5 years 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Stadt said:

The Etihad looks more interesting than most grounds because they’ve made piecemeal extensions too.

Empty seats jokes haven’t been very funny for at least 5 years 

20 years ago Man City fans were viewed as some of the most committed around, following their team in huge numbers despite little success and often failure. Now they get bigger crowds and the stadium is supposedly barely full.

All bollocks, really.

I have always wondered where the jokes came from and how much of it was just football fans being football fans.

One of my best friends is a Man City fan and we've had some great talks about all sorts of sides to us and them. Their success is absurd really, and I think in a similar (but completely different) way to us, their fan experience of the whole thing has been absurd.

I dread to think what they're contemplating doing to the stadium though. It was quite nice in some ways prior to the extension, but it looks like an absolute dogs dinner to me now. I can't see it getting any better with another extension.

On 18/12/2022 at 01:54, ajthefox said:

I dread to think what they're contemplating doing to the stadium though. It was quite nice in some ways prior to the extension, but it looks like an absolute dogs dinner to me now. I can't see it getting any better with another extension.

They are just expanding the north stand to look the same as the rest of the stands, just sticking an oval shape on the top of it

Edited by MrSpaM