Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Guest Col city fan
On 11/07/2022 at 19:23, filbertway said:

Christ, I swear the majority of 14-18 year olds sentences consist of 50% saying "naaah" and "bro".

It's fascinating hearing conversations in public, they just have a set of 10-15 phrases that they keep repeating to each other and somehow turn it into a conversation of sorts.

Mate, it’s a completely different language. Add to this, the word ‘like’ after every other word and you’re about there…

😄

47 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Mate, it’s a completely different language. Add to this, the word ‘like’ after every other word and you’re about there…

😄

Similar to starting a sentence with ‘mate’ when it’s blindingly obvious who your comment is directed towards :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's quite suspicious in that Barcelona have the finances to pay for Raphinha, but are unable to sort out the money due to Frankie De Jong.

In some ways, wish the 'super-power' clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid did have their own 'mini-league'; to allow the more 'ethically-ran' clubs to remain in their league.

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

😄

Don't forget to answer questions with 'so....' a bugbear of mine.

• Like 1

On 13/07/2022 at 00:12, TJB-fox said:

Crazy the stick Sterling gets. Top tier forward for me. His goals speak for themselves. 

Agree 100% though I’d also worry he might be on the decline if I were Chelsea. I get the feeling with Sterling that he might be one of those players like Rooney, Owen or Fernando Torres who played so much football when they were younger that they’re legs were gone by 27 (often have the same worry with Tielemans as well).

Sterling was absolutely phenomenal between around 2017-20 but I do think he’s not quite been the same player these past couple of seasons. Whether that’s because of Pep rotating more or him starting to decline is too early to say though.

But in general, the stick he gets is crazy. He should go down as one of the great English players ever. And he actually has turned up for England too when it mattered unlike a lot of other great English players. Think his Euro 21 performances were amongst the best ever individual tournaments for England outside of the 66 players.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

image.jpeg.568dfa09f4e4f139570faee4a9224a1b.jpeg

Heskey son signs scholarship deal with Man City

tough for kids of wealthy former players to work hard enough to make it.  This generation are the first to come from players that earned mega money through their careers. Will they be able to put in the really hard yards in their late teens that are necessary. 

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Agree 100% though I’d also worry he might be on the decline if I were Chelsea. I get the feeling with Sterling that he might be one of those players like Rooney, Owen or Fernando Torres who played so much football when they were younger that they’re legs were gone by 27 (often have the same worry with Tielemans as well).

Sterling was absolutely phenomenal between around 2017-20 but I do think he’s not quite been the same player these past couple of seasons. Whether that’s because of Pep rotating more or him starting to decline is too early to say though.

But in general, the stick he gets is crazy. He should go down as one of the great English players ever. And he actually has turned up for England too when it mattered unlike a lot of other great English players. Think his Euro 21 performances were amongst the best ever individual tournaments for England outside of the 66 players.

I’ll always love him for that goal against Italy that wasn’t actually a goal 

• Like 1