Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Guest Col city fan

This Forest side still look like a very expensively team of misfits with no clear game plan. I remain convinced they’ll pick up a few wins from home but I’d be surprised if the experiment of signing every player and his dog doesn’t backfire big time.

They needed to replace Cooper to have much of a chance I think 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

This Forest side still look like a very expensively team of misfits with no clear game plan. I remain convinced they’ll pick up a few wins from home but I’d be surprised if the experiment of signing every player and his dog doesn’t backfire big time.

Or they need to show a bit of faith in the team that got them promoted. One or two signings and I reckon they'd have been okay.

You just can't hope you the cohesion and consistency it takes to stay in the premier League from a cavalcade of newly acquired strangers.

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Definitely just said Benni McCarthy scored a lot of goals in Spain....he didn't, his record there was incredibly meh

Cannot decide if commentators are just uninformed or blow smoke up ex-players arses by default 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Or they need to show a bit of faith in the team that got them promoted. One or two signings and I reckon they'd have been okay.

You just can't hope you the cohesion and consistency it takes to stay in the premier League from a cavalcade of newly acquired strangers.

I don’t think they’ve signed particularly bad players. But I can never work out their game plan and I don’t think they know their best side. That’s where they’ll fall down I reckon. Which is why I think they needed a more experienced manager than Cooper.

We’ll see

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I don’t think they’ve signed particularly bad players. But I can never work out their game plan and I don’t think they know their best side. That’s where they’ll fall down I reckon. Which is why I think they needed a more experienced manager than Cooper.

We’ll see

Lingard and Aurier aren't two players I'd want in a side trying to stay up. The approach has been so scatter gun, O'Brien and Toffolo seem like the sort of signings a newly promoted side would make, despite them being a bit sh** 

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I actually think it's down to Cooper that they aren't on 1 or 2 points to be honest. He's worked miracles to beat Derby's record. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The team that got them promoted was pretty poor let's be honest, apart from Johnson who has looked shite this season. The rest of that side who were half decent were loans.

24 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Makes our obvious capitulation there in a few weeks even worse.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
18 minutes ago, AjcW said:

We bought them 4-0 when we were shit in October….

I think Forest are a different proposition at home to away. 
I can see us beating them personally, particularly if Madders is back in, but it’ll be much closer I suggest 

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think Forest are a different proposition at home to away. 
I can see us beating them personally, particularly if Madders is back in, but it’ll be much closer I suggest 

If forest get into our faces and press us we will crumble.