Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, jmono84 said:

He was still crap, just got two of the most simplistic assists.

he still didn’t impress me

Both assists were good.  The pace he apparently doesn’t have to keep ahead of the defenders recovering their ground and the release of the pass with the right weight at the right time.  The second was a first time cut back again perfectly weighted. Two decisions to make and twice made the right one. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Haaland is unstoppable, just an absolute monster. He may as well have been cooked up on a table in a castle by some bloke and an assistant named Igor.

He was pretty stoppable first half to be fair! He was shite, second half he has took his chances with some excellent service 

2 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

He was pretty stoppable first half to be fair! He was shite, second half he has took his chances with some excellent service 

When are people going to judge a striker on his goalless first half performance, when he’s scored at least two goals in the second half. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Both assists were good.  The pace he apparently doesn’t have to keep ahead of the defenders recovering their ground and the release of the pass with the right weight at the right time.  The second was a first time cut back again perfectly weighted. Two decisions to make and twice made the right one. 

You mean when he steals the ball from a flat footed CB 😂

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

When are people going to judge a striker on his goalless first half performance, when he’s scored at least two goals in the second half. 

He is a great player i don’t doubt that, my point is he’s no machine and is stoppable, although he has scored 2 today he hasn’t been great, he should of scored 4 tbf, 

Just now, Joe90lcfc said:

He is a great player i don’t doubt that, my point is he’s no machine and is stoppable, although he has scored 2 today he hasn’t been great, he should of scored 4 tbf, 

Yeah but he’s not stoppable based on today because he scored twice. I agree with you that he’s not a machine completely from his own self, it helps the with the team he’s playing in. Perfect complement to that side.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Grealish is actually a bit rubbish isn't he?

His assists in the second half were excellent. 
Pep did well here. He could have subbed Grealish at half time for Foden but, knowing how that would dent his confidence AND knowing he’d been getting into the right positions, left him on.

It was absolutely the right thing to do. Which is why he’s probably the best football manager out there.

12 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Rodri commits his 64th foul of the game and still hasn't been booked. As brilliant as Man City are, they are the masters of tactical fouling and referees never do anything about it.

This spot on.  Coached into them by Pep any team breaks on them they will always foul in order to stop a goal.  Refs often let them get away with it....Rodri a prime example last night.

Edited by suffolk fox
mistake
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

This spot on.  Coached into them by Pep any team breaks on them they will always foul in order to stop a goal.  Refs often let them get away with it....Rodri a prime example last night.

Yeah, they're clever because they stop attacks at source, usually by committing a foul the second they lose possession in the opposition half and / or at the first sign of a potential counter attack. Because they make the foul before the ball gets into their own half, their players rarely ever get booked. It's clever but it's something the authorities should look at IMHO. As I say, they get away with murder really. Rodri is the master at stopping attacks before the ball crosses the half way line, usually with a body check so it doesn't look too blatant. He will usually only get booked when he's accumulated probably 10 fouls whereas a player on the opposition team will probably have to make a similar challenge while Man City are in their half so the foul is more obviously stopping an attack and therefore they're more likely to pick up a yellow card. 

I personally feel like the referees / linos should be hotter on tactical fouls committed by players in their own half. I'm aware that other teams do the same but Man City do seem to have it down to a fine art.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Yeah, they're clever because they stop attacks at source, usually by committing a foul the second they lose possession in the opposition half and / or at the first sign of a potential counter attack. Because they make the foul before the ball gets into their own half, their players rarely ever get booked. It's clever but it's something the authorities should look at IMHO. As I say, they get away with murder really. Rodri is the master at stopping attacks before the ball crosses the half way line, usually with a body check so it doesn't look too blatant. He will usually only get booked when he's accumulated probably 10 fouls whereas a player on the opposition team will probably have to make a similar challenge while Man City are in their half so the foul is more obviously stopping an attack and therefore they're more likely to pick up a yellow card. 

I personally feel like the referees / linos should be hotter on tactical fouls committed by players in their own half. I'm aware that other teams do the same but Man City do seem to have it down to a fine art.

Fabinho for Liverpool as well. He's allowed to make 5 or 6 blatant fouls before the ref usually even thinks about getting a card out.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Fabinho for Liverpool as well. He's allowed to make 5 or 6 blatant fouls before the ref usually even thinks about getting a card out.

Yeah, good shout. There seems to be certain players who are it's almost expected of so refs don't do anything until it gets ridiculous. Fernandinho was the Godfather of the sneaky tactical foul.

• Like 1

Refs are trying to be too clever,and don't referee the game as it is...

Biggest example is every corner kick.

Refs should give 5-7 penalties...

But rugby tackles ( holding not allowed in any European team sport) seems the modern way, plus pundits,commentators,managers (some fans) think, "well part of the game".

IT AINT..!!  Basta

6 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

It's why I think the "teams never attack Man City" line is unfair. As you outline, they deliberately stop you doing it.