Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

image.jpeg.568dfa09f4e4f139570faee4a9224a1b.jpeg

Heskey son signs scholarship deal with Man City

I’m just watching Melbourne Victory against Man Utd and Charlie Savage is playing for Man Utd.

Do we have many more of our former players who have kids now starting their come through the youth ranks?

14 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I’m just watching Melbourne Victory against Man Utd and Charlie Savage is playing for Man Utd.

Do we have many more of our former players who have kids now starting their come through the youth ranks?

Off the top of my head, Charlie Wellens is at Man Utd as well.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Neil Danns' son Jayden is at Liverpool

Danny Cadamarteri's son Bailey is at Sheffield Wednesday

Think one of Paul Konchesky's sons is coming through at West Ham as well

• Like 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

tough for kids of wealthy former players to work hard enough to make it.  This generation are the first to come from players that earned mega money through their careers. Will they be able to put in the really hard yards in their late teens that are necessary. 

Kasper didn’t do bad with a dad worth 25m

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

he’s extremely motivated - depends on mentality. I didn’t say it’s not possible 

Sean Wright Phillips?

Alex Bruce,

Tom Ince

I’m more highlighting its not the first generation to come from wealth.

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Sean Wright Phillips?

Alex Bruce,

Tom Ince

I’m more highlighting its not the first generation to come from wealth.

Interesting to judge the difference between wealth and mega wealth.  Ian wright, Steve Bruce, Paul ince were all millionaires when their kids were growing up but not the kind of wealth that we see now with PL players.  

Christian Eriksen has opted against staying with Brentford, where he made a huge impact last season, and instead joined Manchester United.

Manchester United have completed the signing of Denmark international Christian Eriksen on a three-year deal.

Eriksen had become a free agent following his short-term stay with Brentford, who were keen to keep hold of the playmaker.

A number of other teams had also been tipped to move for Eriksen, including his former club Tottenham, but United announced his arrival on Friday.

Eriksen said: "Manchester United is a special club, and I cannot wait to get started."

Bit of a risk, that, to both him and Man Utd - to be honest.

I know Brentford are very unlikely to challenge for trophies next season, but he has gained a lot of well-earnt support there and said he really enjoyed his spell there; plus, many football fans know the pressures of playing for the former.

Wish him all the best.

Edited by Wymsey

22 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Bit of a risk, that, to both him and Man Utd - to be honest.

I know Brentford are very unlikely to challenge for trophies next season, but he has gained a lot of well-earnt support there and said he really enjoyed his spell there; plus, many football fans know the pressures of playing for the former.

Wish him all the best.

not remotely a risk to him. 

Leeds and Villa really went for each other today in a friendly. John McGinn through a tackle in that broke the ankle of a Leeds youngster. 
Jesse Marsch lost the plot a bit on the sideline with McGinn. There were a few more hefty tackles in the game, which was the only thing going for the game. Both teams looked pretty poor, but like us it was a mix of youth and experience. Though for a friendly both teams were exactly as dirty as I’d expect them in a league game.

23 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Leeds and Villa really went for each other today in a friendly. John McGinn through a tackle in that broke the ankle of a Leeds youngster. 
Jesse Marsch lost the plot a bit on the sideline with McGinn. There were a few more hefty tackles in the game, which was the only thing going for the game. Both teams looked pretty poor, but like us it was a mix of youth and experience. Though for a friendly both teams were exactly as dirty as I’d expect them in a league game.

Why are they playing each other in a friendly? Unless it is for cash raking purposes around the world teams from the same league should avoid games together.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Corky said:

Why are they playing each other in a friendly? Unless it is for cash raking purposes around the world teams from the same league should avoid games together.

I would agree, they were playing in Brisbane, actually had a good attendance from both sets of fans.

53 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I would agree, they were playing in Brisbane, actually had a good attendance from both sets of fans.

Ah right, thought it might've been one of those training ground friendlies.

On 17/07/2022 at 10:52, Corky said:

Presumably cash raking purposes. Probably sponsor related. Ditto Liverpool v Man U last week.