Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Disagree on this. Of course it matters how the goals are scored, if someone scores 30 1 yard tap ins and one season, it doesn't mean they're a top quality striker. Context is surely very important when judging a players talent and what they can consistently offer in the future.

I just can't get my head around the black and white thinking in football. It just leads to the ridiculously fickle opinions you see week in week out.

The one that annoyed me the most was the people that ironically said "All yakubu does is score goals" haha. Aye, what really helps a teams all round game is some lazy lump that makes it feel like you're playing the game with 10 men 99% of the time he's on the pitch.

All of what I said has nothing to with Daka as I've already seen Daka score plenty of different goals and have every confidence he's a player that can go on to have a very decent career in the top european leagues. 

I just had to get that off my chest as I see people spouting stuff like this all the time, like it's some genius piece of thinking and the people that like applying context are the idiots. Not really aimed at you either as I'm pretty sure you just love playing devils advocate and offering the contrary opinion on any matter :D haha

edit No idea how this ended up in this thread, but whatever….

It’s a “devil’s advocate off”….and it’s live!!

Seriously, I think we may be talking at cross purposes, yes it matters but not critically to results, more aesthetically and I am not sure about the bit in bold, that makes them a great striker surely? Their movement, positioning, anticipation must be top class. :dunno:

Edited by Dahnsouff

Refs are trying to be too clever,and don't referee the game as it is...

Biggest example is every corner kick.

Refs should give 5-7 penalties...

But rugby tackles ( holding not allowed in any European team sport) seems the modern way, plus pundits,commentators,managers (some fans) think, "well part of the game".

IT AINT..!!  Basta

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Refs are trying to be too clever,and don't referee the game as it is...

Biggest example is every corner kick.

Refs should give 5-7 penalties...

But rugby tackles ( holding not allowed in any European team sport) seems the modern way, plus pundits,commentators,managers (some fans) think, "well part of the game".

IT AINT..!!  Basta

Probably because they would be accused of ruining the game by giving so many penalties.

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Adama Traore is really good, making runs getting past players and crossing.

Can't understand why the previous manager didn't fancy playing him....the guys a beast!

Adama Traore is football’s version of LeBron James…if LeBron couldn’t even make a layup, that is.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Rashford...IMO

Next to Kane ,the best English forward,

The two both,do stand high in Europe ratings, but it seems Manutd want to play silly buggars,on whether he Rashford should play or not...Crazy,crazy !!

Rashford might be starting to fulfil some of that potential 

Christ we really should not be languishing where we are in the table. Should be mid table at the very least. What a coq up

of a Season it has been. 
hope we get some good players Im

soon who fit right in and get the team moving up the table.