Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

3 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Didn’t look like Mount touched him but he went in at some pace.

I don’t mind refs giving fouls if there’s no contact, if it makes the ball unsafe to play, dangerous challenges etc. Feigning injury is annoying though. 

Catch 22 is that, no contact usually means the ref doesn’t give a foul.

Just now, Vacamion said:

How can he complain about that yellow?

He was practically making manlove with him.

Looked like he was complaining about Zakaria's reaction and another decision that happened before.

Just now, StanSP said:

Looked like he was complaining about Zakaria's reaction and another decision that happened before.

Well Yates kicked him afterwards, so he can't moan about that, either.

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

I don’t mind refs giving fouls if there’s no contact, if it makes the ball unsafe to play, dangerous challenges etc. Feigning injury is annoying though. 

Catch 22 is that, no contact usually means the ref doesn’t give a foul.

I thought it was a foul in real time, but only through the speed of it, good decision on the replay. If he had come in off the ground or dangerously I’d agree. 

The feigning injury aspect is a massive frustration, clubs have asked for a higher physical threshold of fouls to try and cut out the soft freekicks but now you just get players staying down and the game being stopped, see Harvey Elliott the other night.

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I thought it was a foul in real time, but only through the speed of it, good decision on the replay. If he had come in off the ground or dangerously I’d agree. 

The feigning injury aspect is a massive frustration, clubs have asked for a higher physical threshold of fouls to try and cut out the soft freekicks but now you just get players staying down and the game being stopped, see Harvey Elliott the other night.

Sorry mate, I wasn’t necessarily meaning that challenge in particular. I was generalising. 

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
15 minutes ago, Corky said:

Martin Tyler into his 86th year of commentating. 

Fair play to the old man.

He must still be a-livvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

3 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

If forest play with even half this much intensity we’ll be mangled there in a few weeks. Dreading it. 

Will be a repeat of last time. 

Main difference this time is I won't be there to see it 

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

If forest play with even half this much intensity we’ll be mangled there in a few weeks. Dreading it. 

Was just thinking this, with the local derby atmosphere aswell, imagine our mentally weak lot under a bit of pressure....already feeling sick 

• Like 1