Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, Angus Scott said:

As we know energy & passion is not in Brendan's playbook

True dat. At least, he doesn't think it needs to be fostered or encouraged, let alone built. He seems to think it comes part and parcel with the player and he only has to coach technique. I'll be honest, I want the fukka gone, he's cold, calculating and robotic. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Forest are rolling us aren't they... damn it. 

They'll beat us because of their work rate, energy & passion, which gets the crowd behind them (remember when we used to do that).  We'll just pass it about aimlessly & lay down & die & our 3k fans will be bored & ridiculed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, It'sblueupnorth said:

Don’t have a clue what everyone is watching here, think forest have been shite. Such little quality in their team. Helped by the fact chelsea coasting through the game like they were 4-0 up. 

They lack quality but they have energy and fight and are tactically well drilled, more than we can say about ourselves at the moment.

3 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Don’t have a clue what everyone is watching here, think forest have been shite. Such little quality in their team. Helped by the fact chelsea coasting through the game like they were 4-0 up. 

As said before, any shred of intensity or pressure and we’ll be brown bread there in a few weeks. Time and time again it’s happened. Teams don’t need to be good to beat us, just turn the screw slightly. 

Edited by kingkisnorbo
  • Like 3

Guest Kopfkino

Chelsea’s recruitment has been laughably bad. Had an elite manager who dragged them to a CL win, failed to give him a suitable squad and the new owners bizarrely traded him out for a decent but nowhere near elite manager. 

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

As said before, any shred of intensity or pressure and we’ll be brown bread there in a few weeks. Time and time again it’s happened. Teams don’t need to be good to beat us, just turn the screw slightly. 

Fair comment, but everyone was saying this for the home game against them. Getting beat by these would be a Rodgers masterclass imo

5 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Chelsea’s recruitment has been laughably bad. Had an elite manager who dragged them to a CL win, failed to give him a suitable squad and the new owners bizarrely traded him out for a decent but nowhere near elite manager. 

Napoli played a blinder on Koulibaly

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Forest have bags of energy & passion. If we had that we'd be looking at the top of the table rather than the bottom. As we know energy & passion is not in Brendan's playbook, hence why we could well be relegated. O for a new manager

Seems like only yesterday that we had bags of energy and passion and they had fvck all when we battered them 4-0 

Funny old game ain't it?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, taupe said:

True dat. At least, he doesn't think it needs to be fostered or encouraged, let alone built. He seems to think it comes part and parcel with the player and he only has to coach technique. I'll be honest, I want the fukka gone, he's cold, calculating and robotic. 

Crikey you been on the sauce tonight Taupe, unusually vehement from you 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

They'll beat us because of their work rate, energy & passion

It's how to beat us.  A. template that's existed for a few seasons now. We have no answer. We fold under that kind of pressure.

The most annoying thing is that we have not learnt. We still seem cluess against any team that gets in our faces. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

The anti Potter rhetoric I find laughable, a bad start at his first proper big job and he's useless. What I find weird is he's very much in the same boat as he nearly always was at Brighton, in that all the strikers at his dispos are rubbish. 

Potter started slowly at Brighton - I remember reading somewhere where he and the team got booed off the pitch for taking a negative approach at home.

2022 was when things really clicked for them but he won't be afforded the same time at Chelsea. He will have known this when taking the job - CL qualification is a minimum requirement for them. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

20 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

And everyone here wanted potter at one point, now look.... 

It was always gonna be a big job with time needed. Same with his job at Brighton, he didn't just turn up and make them a good side. It took two or three seasons before he made them into a great side.

And it would be the same if he come here. But our fans wouldn't want it, he'd be booed off like he was at Brighton a couple times. I think Brighton finished 15th/16th/17th (can't remember exactly) in his first seasons.