Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

17 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Don’t have a clue what everyone is watching here, think forest have been shite. Such little quality in their team. Helped by the fact chelsea coasting through the game like they were 4-0 up. 

Forest are all bluster - when at home - it minimal quality. They also don’t play like a team, it’s almost as if they signed 25 new players all at once…

11 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Teams don’t need to be good to beat us, just turn the screw slightly. 

This. I don't know what more to add. It's so frekkin true it has it's own Facebook page (OK, not the best anology but you get my drift) 

8 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Crikey you been on the sauce tonight Taupe

Just a little. Started a little after midday.  Couple of glasses of champers, a bottle of aligote (everyone else was on red) and a couple of whiskies. A good afternoon in fairness. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, taupe said:

Just a little. Started a little after midday.  Couple of glasses of champers, a bottle of aligote (everyone else was on red) and a couple of whiskies. A good afternoon in fairness. 

Nice one.  It's the last festive hurrah isn't it really? An Alberino here followed by an Argie Bordeaux blend.  One bottle nearly thrown at the TV when Forest scored.  

35 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Potter started slowly at Brighton - I remember reading somewhere where he and the team got booed off the pitch for taking a negative approach at home.

2022 was when things really clicked for them but he won't be afforded the same time at Chelsea. He will have known this when taking the job - CL qualification is a minimum requirement for them. 

World renowned managers have come up short one way or another at Chelsea, by their own standards anyway. I find using a slow start at Chelsea as a 'ha, see I was right, he is crap' stick to beat him with odd. Anything to make yourself an expert, I suppose. 

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

I notice Forest are being investigated for homophobic chanting.

Alternatively I did find it funny that Leeds fans are calling the Newcastle manager Beheaddy Howe after he spat his dummy out yesterday. 

Didn't he have the gall to complain about another team time wasting?

Just marvelous - I’m back to checking the table every day to see how close the teams below us are and how much further the teams above are moving away. I really hate this! Cmon on Lester let’s get back to winning games by hook or by crook. 3 points against Fulham please and hope the other results go our way too 🤞🏽🤞🏽

We've not beaten a single side above us in the league for over a year and the only game before March against a team below us in the league is Forest away in two weeks, which reeks of the usual crumbling despite them pretty toss themselves.

Yikes. We seriously need to beat Fulham.

Edited by Dan LCFC

33 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

We've not beaten a single side above us in the league for over a year and the only game before March against a team below us in the league is Forest away in two weeks, which reeks of the usual crumbling despite them pretty toss themselves.

This can’t be true, we were on 1 point after 7 games and bottom. So we must have beaten teams above us 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Chelsea’s recruitment has been laughably bad. Had an elite manager who dragged them to a CL win, failed to give him a suitable squad and the new owners bizarrely traded him out for a decent but nowhere near elite manager. 

They've spent an absolute fortune, is it that they've not provided Tuchel / Potter with a suitable squad or have both of them simply not got the best out of them? I must admit I can't fathom out their game plan, they are just trying to sign all and sundry but that squad ought to be better than they ate, simple as that.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

That’s not even close to being a true stat, Forest, Everton, Leeds and possibly Wolves were all above us when we played them.

Its not been great but you don’t have to make up stats to prove your argument.

Guest Kopfkino
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

They've spent an absolute fortune, is it that they've not provided Tuchel / Potter with a suitable squad or have both of them simply not got the best out of them? I must admit I can't fathom out their game plan, they are just trying to sign all and sundry but that squad ought to be better than they ate, simple as that.

They’ve spent a fortune to largely stand still. The money is irrelevant, just look at what they’ve ended up with - obvious gaps in the squad and a lack of balance (e.g rely so heavily on Kante’s individual brilliance, without him the midfield is all over the place).

This year, it doesn’t help that they’ve lost players that makes them worse defensively. This was Tuchel’s issue, they don’t have enough quality up front & that was mitigated before by a strong, compact defence. In tandem, he tried to progress them tactically and they just couldn’t do it. All in they lost that defensive strength and still haven’t got enough quality in the attacking phase. 

Tbf to both Potter & Tuchel, player availability has been a big issue and ending up with an aging Azpilicueta or Loftus-Cheek out of position as replacements for your current key player shows the mess they’ve made of transfers.

Another example of a club that’s made signings that don’t make a lot of sense from a squad building perspective imo (I think they’ve been playing catch up from the embargo). They’ve just made themselves even worse by losing a genuinely top top manager and replacing him with someone who just isn’t at that level - the reason you can’t fathom the game plan is because Potter has been all over the shop tactically.