Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

4 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

This can’t be true, we were on 1 point after 7 games and bottom. So we must have beaten teams above us 

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

That’s not even close to being a true stat, Forest, Everton, Leeds and possibly Wolves were all above us when we played them.

Its not been great but you don’t have to make up stats to prove your argument.

I think he's been misconstrued here.

Of course we've beaten teams above us, we were bottom, we're now not, but I think what he means we've not beat a team currently above us in over a year.

In a calendar year we've beaten:

(2022 - Last season)

Burnley (Championship)

Leeds (Currently 14th)

Brentford (Currently 10th - Above us)*

Palace (Currently 11th - Above us)*

Norwich (Championship)

Watford (Championship)

Southampton (Currently 20th)

(2022 - This season)

Forest (Currently 18th)

Leeds (Currently 14th)

Wolves (Currently 19th)

Everton (Currently 16th)

West Ham (Currently 17th)

So there are *2 teams in that list who are currently above us and goes against what he is saying (Or how i've took his point) but regardless of him 'making stats up' or being misunderstood, even the most ardent and positive supporter can't deny that makes quite shocking reading. 

I mean it took us until March to get our first win of 2022 and regardless of whether teams are above us or below us surely we've gotta be aspiring to more than 12 wins in 12 months.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Chelsea are apparently signing another CB. I could have sympathy for Potter before as he's not had a transfer window, but surely CB isn't an area he needs to desperately strengthen. I get the players he has there aren't his, but they are adequate for now. They simply don't score enough. They don't have a top class striker and their wingers are mostly average. Kante seems finished too. There's lots of areas that need work before they spend more on defenders.

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Chelsea are apparently signing another CB. I could have sympathy for Potter before as he's not had a transfer window, but surely CB isn't an area he needs to desperately strengthen. I get the players he has there aren't his, but they are adequate for now. They simply don't score enough. They don't have a top class striker and their wingers are mostly average. Kante seems finished too. There's lots of areas that need work before they spend more on defenders.

We'll have Kante back please!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

Of course we've beaten teams above us, we were bottom, we're now not but I think what he means we've not beat a team currently above us in over a year.

(2022 - Last season)

Burnley (Championship)

Leeds (Currently 14th)

Norwich (Championship)

Watford (Championship)

(2022 - This season)

Forest (Currently 18th)

Leeds (Currently 14th)

Wolves (Currently 19th)

Everton (Currently 16th)

So there are *2 games in that list where those teams are currently above us but regardless of him 'making stats up' or being misunderstood, even the most ardent and positive supporter can't deny that makes quite shocking reading. 

I mean it took us until March to get our first win of 2022 and regardless of whether teams are above us or below us surely we've gotta be aspiring to more than 12 win's in 12 months 

Hideous lol:cry:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Of course we've beaten teams above us, we were bottom, we're now not, but I think what he means we've not beat a team currently above us in over a year.

(2022 - Last season)

Burnley (Championship)

Leeds (Currently 14th)

Norwich (Championship)

Watford (Championship)

(2022 - This season)

Forest (Currently 18th)

Leeds (Currently 14th)

Wolves (Currently 19th)

Everton (Currently 16th)

So there are *2 teams in that list who are currently above us and goes against what he is saying (Or how i've took his point) but regardless of him 'making stats up' or being misunderstood, even the most ardent and positive supporter can't deny that makes quite shocking reading. 

I mean it took us until March to get our first win of 2022 and regardless of whether teams are above us or below us surely we've gotta be aspiring to more than 12 wins in 12 months.

Jeez that is dire 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

(2022 - Last season)

Burnley (Championship)

Leeds (Currently 14th)

Norwich (Championship)

Watford (Championship)

(2022 - This season)

Forest (Currently 18th)

Leeds (Currently 14th)

Wolves (Currently 19th)

Everton (Currently 16th)

Elite manager apparently, on a top 6 salary. Absolutely shocking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I don't think Potter is the one buying the players there. That Boehly guy is playing at being a Hotdog Mandaric.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Matt said:

(2022 - Last season)

Burnley (Championship)

Leeds (Currently 14th)

Norwich (Championship)

Watford (Championship)

(2022 - This season)

Forest (Currently 18th)

Leeds (Currently 14th)

Wolves (Currently 19th)

Everton (Currently 16th)

Yeah I thought it was quite obvious what I meant lol regarding last season, we beat nobody who came above us in 2022 either.

Give or take from it it points to a clear problem particularly with our upcoming games being pretty tricky. We've really got to rectify that in games like Fulham and Brighton.

• Thanks 1