Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

If Forest go for Lingard with the kind of dough he’s demanding then they’ll be fvcked if they go down. Silly business for a newly promoted side.

It is double what he was on at Man U, a risk giving he didn’t do much last season. West Ham aren’t willing to pay it that is for sure 

Guest ttfn

Huddersfield fans must be absolutely raging, not only were they screwed out of at least 1 penalty in that PO Final but now to rub salt in the wounds 2 of their best players have gone to the side that benefited from those poor decisions.

6 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Forest linked with Dennis@ £20m  and possible confirmation of their £94m ground development. 🤔

I doubt he’d be particularly kerb to go there with Everton and West Ham supposedly interested too.

Blow for Forest - one of their high profile signings out for a bit with a fractured leg.

Omar Richards.

https://theathletic.com/news/omar-richards-nottingham-forest-injury/9PQtH3gW69qn/?amp=1

• Thanks 1

Conor Gallagher's missed penalty is amusing. 

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Virtually full strength Everton team smashed 4-0 by Minnisota.

As was this open goal miss by the one and only Dele Alli... 

Everton will be absolute rubbish still I've no doubt at all. I don't think last season was some freak. Maybe a 'slight' underperformance but it's just a straight up poor squad and it's even worse than they finished last season with. Can see them being right in the mix again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Everton will be absolute rubbish still I've no doubt at all. I don't think last season was some freak. Maybe a 'slight' underperformance but it's just a straight up poor squad and it's even worse than they finished last season with. Can see them being right in the mix again.

Their fans to be fair to them pulled out all the stops to carry them to survival. Their team is generally very poor. There's a real lack of goals. Calvert-Lewin can score goals at this level but he needs service. 

23 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Their fans to be fair to them pulled out all the stops to carry them to survival. Their team is generally very poor. There's a real lack of goals. Calvert-Lewin can score goals at this level but he needs service. 

Yeah I think what happened with them was a good example of how the fans can make a difference. Their end here was by a mile the best all season as it happens - on another level to anything they've served up here.

But the reality is there was a hint of novelty about it all for them. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes the way of Sunderland a bit where they lose the will for that every season. I'm not saying they'll drop but I wouldn't be shocked at all if they were in the discussion again. They're a bad team.

13 minutes ago, Torten said:

Forest offering 200k to Lingard is bonkers, that’s the kind of business that can lead ruin the club financially should they get relegated.

You’d be fuming if you were Brennan Johnson. You sign a new contract for about a quarter of that wage a week, then you see a player who is worse than you walking in on that amount. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah I think what happened with them was a good example of how the fans can make a difference. Their end here was by a mile the best all season as it happens - on another level to anything they've served up here.

But the reality is there was a hint of novelty about it all for them. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes the way of Sunderland a bit where they lose the will for that every season. I'm not saying they'll drop but I wouldn't be shocked at all if they were in the discussion again. They're a bad team.

I think this season Everton will be alright, Richarlison is a big loss but I dunno - still obviously a long time before the window closes but outside of the promoted sides (I think Forest will likely be fine) Brentford and Leeds are the ones I'd be looking at.

Norwich and Watford being so bad last season was definitely the saving grace of a couple of sides.

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I think this season Everton will be alright, Richarlison is a big loss but I dunno - still obviously a long time before the window closes but outside of the promoted sides (I think Forest will likely be fine) Brentford and Leeds are the ones I'd be looking at.

Norwich and Watford being so bad last season was definitely the saving grace of a couple of sides.

No Norwich and Watford works against Everton. That said actually they only got 4 points from both of them last season which is hilariously bad. I agree with Brentford. I think Bournemouth will go down. Can't decide on Leeds. I expect them to be one of many dross sides down the bottom again. Maybe 15th or so but with a scare or two. A finish like that though and they're firmly in circling the bowl territory and it becomes a matter of time.

46 minutes ago, Torten said:

Forest offering 200k to Lingard is bonkers, that’s the kind of business that can lead ruin the club financially should they get relegated.

I'd imagine it'll be loaded with tonnes of relegation clauses so they either a) aren't lumbered with him at all or b) aren't lumbered with him on 200k a week.

It does set a precedent within the wage structure though. Weird because their business up to now (on paper, I know) looks to be pretty sensible.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

No Norwich and Watford works against Everton. That said actually they only got 4 points from both of them last season which is hilariously bad. I agree with Brentford. I think Bournemouth will go down. Can't decide on Leeds. I expect them to be one of many dross sides down the bottom again. Maybe 15th or so but with a scare or two. A finish like that though and they're firmly in circling the bowl territory and it becomes a matter of time.

Yeah Leeds could go either way - I know Phillips was crocked for a decent whack of last season but losing him and Raphinha in one window is massive. Depends how Marsch's Red Bull obsession pays off, really – would have Gelhardt off them if they dropped.

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Yeah Leeds could go either way - I know Phillips was crocked for a decent whack of last season but losing him and Raphinha in one window is massive. Depends how Marsch's Red Bull obsession pays off, really – would have Gelhardt off them if they dropped.

Southampton are the other one under big threat. They're a bit rubbish really albeit a couple of interesting prospects have come in and they're weirdly streaky. They'll be awful for six months then win something like 9 in 12.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm convinced Forest will be absolutely fine as well annoyingly.

First season they'll don it, if Cooper's smart he'll use that to take a job at a club that's not got such a mental owner. Wouldn't be shocked to see him offered the Everton gig at some point next season.