Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

Saw it against us. Unlike Brentford our final ball was poor.

Read their forums after the game and a lot of their fans were raving about KDH - the general consensus being they were impressed by his energy levels and ability to carry the ball. Their midfield looks so stodgy, you can see why they were impressed by KDH.

Even the way they play songs FOR their fans. Not AT their fans. Songs that fit club songs. 

So much about Brentford that I wish we were like again. That's how we were.

No reason we can't go back to that while having a little more money to spend than they do.

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Football isn’t played on past seasons though.

Plus Brentford have a good ownership. I don’t like them but they’re run well.

True, but memories are and we have compiled some great ones in the last few years.

Just now, Hamilton Fox said:

Shows we lost to a bang average Liverpool side, really threw away a good chance against them last week

Really conflicted about the game/result against Liverpool, so awful, we were in control, but how do you stop that sort of crap from happening? It does seem such bizarre loses are somehow more frequent these days….  :(

6 minutes ago, Benji said:

We really chose the wrong season to be shit.  European football would have been nailed on last few seasons.

It's mad, given how poor the standard is this season (still not convinced Arsenal are world beaters) any kind of consistency would have seen us bang in the mix for 3rd - 7th.

Many sides could also say the same but we are the ones with the supposed squad to be the next best

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Brentford's recruitment has been superb.....that Dane Norgaard was brilliant 

He was MotM in my opinion, a quality midfielder. I think they got like 5-6 Danes, not including their manager, in the team - perhaps they'd be up for swapping one of them for Vestergard? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

They spend £15M/year on wages (lowest in the league) we spend £85M/year.

We used to be that team. :( 

It’s their second season - a lot of players are still on championship wages with PL bonus add ons.  Many contracts will need renewing over the next season or two. They will need to make some big calls. 

23 minutes ago, Benji said:

We really chose the wrong season to be shit.  European football would have been nailed on last few seasons.

I think bar Arsenal and Man Utd every one of last seasons top 8 have gone backwards.

12 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

It's still novel to me that Brentford are in the premier League at all never mind actually doing well in it.  Crazy to think 15 years ago they were bottom half of League 2.

I remember going down there and seeing Hinckley Town giving them a good game in the FA cup!!

30 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

We're much worse than we were last season

Much worse? It is pretty much the same players… fofana wasn’t even available for selection most of it. I would say we are better than what we have shown so far this season. A big mistake though was not signing a no. 1 goalkeeper, so yeah that certainly hasn’t helped. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978