Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

We went one up, conceded two unfathomable OGs, so…. :dunno:

Not a huge fan of these new truths you kids use these days. :blink:

We did go one up your right. But the way we set up was fairly negative compared to the way Brentford have just approached the match.

We missed an opportunity to beat Liverpool.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think bar Arsenal and Man Utd every one of last seasons top 8 have gone backwards.

The standards in world football have dropped . The truly great players are retired or ageing and very few young players are anywhere near the standard of Mbappe or Haaland. It does mean levelling up is easier for clubs like Brentford.

Just now, lee7 said:

We did go one up your right. But the way we set up was fairly negative compared to the way Brentford have just approached the match.

We missed an opportunity to beat Liverpool.

I do not think we set up that negatively against Liverpool, just to counter, but we have a world leading ability to not just shoot ourselves in the foot, but in both feet, and I have no idea what the hell is causing it, and yes I know the stock answer is Rodgers, but seriously, he is Lucifer himself if he caused those two Wout own goals.  :blink:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Brentford have a good manager, signed the right players and look a team. We are looking the opposite at the moment

By some of the logic on here, Man City are crap for not beating Everton as they were there for the taking? The result was disappointing but the performance against Liverpool was good. With a bit more luck, we'd have got a result at Anfield. 

Brentford take a heavy data-led approach to transfers, that starts with their owner. They're a really innovative club. Our analytics were among the best, if not the best in the league. Somewhere along the way, we've lost our focus or seemingly ignored them - there's no way signing Vestergaard, Bertrand or Perez reflected our typical mode of operation, with the first two not fitting with our style of play. Perhaps it's complacency or BR having too much control off the back of his success in the his first full two seasons? Hopefully, we're returning back to that data-led approach and signing younger, hungry players that fit a particular system/style. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sishades said:

Instead we support a team with great owners and a trophy laden 10 years becoming an established PL side with great plans for the future. 

Some people really need to get a grip.

Clubs treading water on every conceivable level. Hyperbole like this simply doesn't wash anymore. 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Because we can't defend, we scored in all 3, but conceded 2 or more against all of them.

And yet we've the 2nd most clean sheets in the league up to the World Cup break so it just shows how ridiculous we are. Got to be mental issues or horrendous tactics against the big 6?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I do not think we set up that negatively against Liverpool, just to counter, but we have a world leading ability to not just shoot ourselves in the foot, but in both feet, and I have no idea what the hell is causing it, and yes I know the stock answer is Rodgers, but seriously, he is Lucifer himself if he caused those two Wout own goals.  :blink:

I agree about Rodgers not being at fault for Wouts own goals. No way could he of imagined we would concede two goals in that manner. 

Personally i feel Rodgers set us up to defend and counter quickly. Where as Brentford set up to take the game to Liverpool. 

On a positive note though we moved the ball fast when we were in possession and played a lot of first time passes which was much improved from the Newcastle match.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is our transition year. We just need to tough it out to Summer and stay in the league.

Next season is our transition season, we're losing Tielemans and probably Maddison this summer, we're not going to fly out the gates with the replacements of arguably our 2 most important players getting settled in. Hopefully it will be like 18/19 after Mahrez left where we kick on late in the season and look capable of challenging for European places the following season again

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Next season is our transition season, we're losing Tielemans and probably Maddison this summer, we're not going to fly out the gates with the replacements of arguably our 2 most important players getting settled in. Hopefully it will be like 18/19 after Mahrez left where we kick on late in the season and look capable of challenging for European places the following season again

Think this is also transition due to the Fofana fiasco personally, well that and a permanent crocked Ricky and JJ, but I hope you are right and we come back strong

Too many sides in this league have far more organisation ,guts and fight than us.

Even our fans are flat and have been for some time.

It's going to be a really difficult remainder of the season unless we get a couple of quality players in , to lift everyone. 

29 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I dont care how innovative Brentford they are the one of the most meh clubs in the premier league. Thats saying something considering the league contains Bournemouth and Nottingham Forest.

What a cocky shit opinion that is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Think they're shifting Bowler back to Blackpool too, which seemed like the logical thing to do when they signed him. They had a mad summer haha.

Same Bowler that some on here were crying about when we didn't sign him. :giggle:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Think they're shifting Bowler back to Blackpool too, which seemed like the logical thing to do when they signed him. They had a mad summer haha.

there’s an agent somewhere on a trip around the world spent entirely in first class travel and 5 star hotels..

Klopp complaining about Brentford and their tactics.,

Is that just because they caused all sorts of problems from set plays as all teams want to do .

And the 3rd goal was allowed despite in his eyes there being a push on the Liverpool defender (bad enough for it to be a foul )

• Like 1