Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

32 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I think it was a foul. It’s not the heaviest contact by the Brentford player but the the shoulder in the back has done enough to hit the defender off balance (when he was in a good position) and slip allowing him to get in and score.

Sometimes minimal contact is enough to knock a player over, if it was the same amount of contact and the Liverpool guy clearly is playing for a foul then yea it shouldn’t be a foul.

I don’t get why VAR can’t be like how Rubgy use it and just have a common sense conversation about an incident. Fvck this clear and obvious shite, how about some common sense to look at incidents. If the ref said they looked at it and said the defender has gone over too easily there for me so I’m going to let the goal stand but this clear and obvious rule is a easy get out for the officials.

But the ref and VAR may have decided the defender has gone over too easily, hence the decision to allow the goal. Therefore it wasn't a 'clear and obvious error' from the on-pitch ref?

Not even sure there's a shoulder in the back. Konate almost runs across too fast and Mbuemo nips in behind him with very minimal contact. Konate slips off his own accord. 

44 minutes ago, StanSP said:

But the ref and VAR may have decided the defender has gone over too easily, hence the decision to allow the goal. Therefore it wasn't a 'clear and obvious error' from the on-pitch ref?

Not even sure there's a shoulder in the back. Konate almost runs across too fast and Mbuemo nips in behind him with very minimal contact. Konate slips off his own accord. 

I kno I’m probably amongst the minority for this one but for me it’s a foul and the nudge from behind has caused the guy to slip.

My point is about the clear and obvious rule, how about we just have guys in the video room say what they think about a particular incident and make a decision that way; like they do in rugby. Just to say, ‘ah it’s not clear and obvious’ is such a cop out.

The big one tonight.

In the black and white corner a team that is currently punching above its weight and as high as they've been in the league in a while with a manager who is new to these heady heights. In the other corner, a team with one of England's most dangerous attackers and a manager who blames everything but himself when it goes wrong.

Its no wonder everyone's talking about Leicester v Fulham.

20 hours ago, Nalis said:

I dont care how innovative Brentford they are the one of the most meh clubs in the premier league. Thats saying something considering the league contains Bournemouth and Nottingham Forest.

3 great clubs, who have at present a better story this season, better than our ours..!

meh clubs…just your personal arrogance,and weak story perspectives…

Or your just trying to counter our poor season,by blaming the whole world,for being poor,just to prove how really bad we are..

Forgot how insufferable Arsenal fans are, they think everyone is against them. Hope Newcastle do them one nil.

Meanwhile Man Utd are quietly going about their business, 5 points ahead of 5th as it stands.

3 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Don't look up the Van de Beek injury. Horrific

It wasnt pretty and I'm inclined to think it wouldnt malicious, the Bournemouth player slipped on his back foot just before he's about to challenge.

Guest Kopfkino
42 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Looking at Brighton.....there's a owner who seems to know what he is doing in terms of recruiting players and a up and coming manager whose managed teams the same size as Brighton 

Tony Bloom is an absolute genius and De Zerbi is an upgrade on Potter, De Zerbi could well be the next elite coach. They’ll do well to keep him in the summer.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Van Dijk's got a hamstring injury that's worse than first feared apparently. Could be out for a while.

Last time that happened in January they had a panic buy meltdown lol wonder if they'll dip back into the Championship again! 

39 minutes ago, Matt said:

Perhaps Rodgers needs to have these thoughts too.

Meanwhile if there’s a rebuild to be done at Spurs and Conte doesn't stick around….I know just the man.

:brendan:

This fanny says this every 6 months

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Leicester Fan TV

For those of you who entered our “What’s Brendans Post Match Excuse” competition , this weeks answer is “We have a small squad”
Well done to all who guessed that, although technically we have a 25 man squad, which is the same as all Premier League teams. Enter next weeks comp now

That’s probably the best thing Leicester fan Tv have ever said. They clearly try hard, but watched one recently where they had Blue Van Man on and he was insinuating Covid conspiracies in his pre match analysis.