Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm convinced Forest will be absolutely fine as well annoyingly.

They won't come up and try to play total football. They are quite direct and hardworking and that will help them. Teams that come up try to play total football generally go straight back down. 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

First season they'll don it, if Cooper's smart he'll use that to take a job at a club that's not got such a mental owner. Wouldn't be shocked to see him offered the Everton gig at some point next season.

It was going so well until you offered him Everton as an alternative to a club with a mental owner lol 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

They won't come up and try to play total football. They are quite direct and hardworking and that will help them. Teams that come up try to play total football generally go straight back down. 

Yeah they're quite pragmatic. I don't see many goals in their side - can see them having a similar season to Sheffield United 2019/20.

Early prediction. Can see Tottenham doing well, possibly even steal 3rd from Manchester United.

Top 3

Manchester City (winner) 

Liverpool

Manchester United 

Relegated:

Bournemouth

Fulham

Leeds

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Really can't see Man U doing any better with last season, especially if they end up without Ronaldo. Genuinely think we have a chance to finish above them this season, but think the top 4 will be same as last season. Chelsea could be title challengers with Sterling and their defence. 

Mendy 

Koulibably

Silva 

Kounde 

James 

Kante 

New CM 

Chilwell

Mount

Sterling 

Havertz/New striker? 

That's some team. 

Yeah, that is a cracking team your right.

The last I heard is that Ronaldo is likely to stay but who knows. 

I really think Tottenham will do well this season.

Guest Col city fan

Forest are taking a massive gamble here.

I expect their new acquisitions will do well for them and will improve them.

But if they don’t and they get relegated, they are fooked as a club.

Big gamble. Whether it works or not, we’ll see

2 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

One year deal apparently. Still madness.

If true then he's not a long-term issue for them if they do get relegated. It does however cause them potential issues with squad unrest if one player is earning much more than the rest of the squad. 

Apparently Forest fans think we're in financial trouble, which is a bit of a misunderstanding of the situation 🙄.

Lingard was great at West Ham, and I'm sure he could do well at Forest, but...why would you pay him that much? £50k more than West Ham were willing to pay too.

How on earth does that not completely **** up the dressing room?

3 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Apparently Forest fans think we're in financial trouble, which is a bit of a misunderstanding of the situation 🙄.

Lingard was great at West Ham, and I'm sure he could do well at Forest, but...why would you pay him that much? £50k more than West Ham were willing to pay too.

How on earth does that not completely **** up the dressing room?

He's got hit the ground running. 

Clearly the fella's got very little ambition now. He's turned down a club that he was adored at and in the process never played in front of their supporters. Part of me wonders if he is very much in the Kelechi vibe of thriving when in closed stadiums, struggling with crowds in. 

It's a weird one for Lingard to accept a one year deal, just for short term cash. Better to secure a longer deal for less weekly wage surely. Gives him freedom to whore himself around again next summer, probably hoping for a good deal in the MLS. 

Guest ttfn

He’ll have played for Forest, Leicester and Derby.

Lots have done 2 but there can’t be many who have done all 3.

Just when you think lingard could not be any more of a Cnut, he joins a club of cnuts!

purley for money and no other reasons. He is an example of why a lot of fans are disillusioned with the state of professional football. 1 year big pay day and big signing on fee and then same agin somewhere else next year.
It won’t be long until players only sign 1 year deals as moving to a new club is they way to earn big money.

Let’s face it if Lingard reproduces his West Ham form for Forest then he’ll be a very good signing for them. He’s a good player when he’s on it. 

Something tells me, however, that if he was so worth taking a punt on then he’d have a few other choices than Forest. If they were the only ones willing to match his wages then it’s a big gamble for them. It could go either way for me 

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

Let’s face it if Lingard reproduces his West Ham form for Forest then he’ll be a very good signing for them. He’s a good player when he’s on it. 

Something tells me, however, that if he was so worth taking a punt on then he’d have a few other choices than Forest. If they were the only ones willing to match his wages then it’s a big gamble for them. It could go either way for me 

Footballs a team game, he played well for West Ham, but if Forests signings struggle, Lingard may struggle as well, then his new contract may not be so generous 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

It's not a huge one, though, is it? 

Reverse the roles and we'd be laughing at them. They've come up and strengthened. We appear to, at very best, have stood still. 

2 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Just when you think lingard could not be any more of a Cnut, he joins a club of cnuts!

purley for money and no other reasons. He is an example of why a lot of fans are disillusioned with the state of professional football. 1 year big pay day and big signing on fee and then same agin somewhere else next year.
It won’t be long until players only sign 1 year deals as moving to a new club is they way to earn big money.

I’m not sure big s/o fees are relevant if it’s only a one year deal.  The player has no resale value to the club so it’s simply what they’re prepared to pay to have them for the season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Footballs a team game, he played well for West Ham, but if Forests signings struggle, Lingard may struggle as well, then his new contract may not be so generous 

Yes - very true.

West Ham were a form team anyway and being coached really well by Moyes 

• Like 1