Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

They've punched above their weight and the comeback of Arsenal combined with Newcastle's inevitable overtaking of them in stature will pop them back into the best of the rest category. The fans sense it to be fair and are probably wondering where the stadium revenue is going.

At least when we punched above our weight we had the premier league and FA Cup to show for it. They have fvck all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

They've punched above their weight and the comeback of Arsenal combined with Newcastle's inevitable overtaking of them in stature will pop them back into the best of the rest category. The fans sense it to be fair and are probably wondering where the stadium revenue is going.

At least when we punched above our weight we had the premier league and FA Cup to show for it. They have fvck all.

...the Audi cup

16 minutes ago, davieG said:
German referee Patrick Ittrich has suggested making several changes to football's rules..
1) For a tactical foul in midfield, a free-kick should be awarded 17 metres from goal. How often will we see such fouls then?
2) If the player rolls on the floor three times and needs a doctor, get him one and make him wait on the sideline for 3 minutes. How quickly do you think the player would stand up?
3) If a player insults the referee, send them off for 10 minutes to calm down. Go cycling to warm up before coming back on. We can learn from handball in that respect.
4) How is a referee surrounded by 10 men after a decision? In my opinion, boom, boom, boom - three red cards. Play seven against ten now. That'd be fine by me.

Some sound ideas in amongst that, I would add all head injuries should mean a 3-5 wait before being allowed back on as it's clearly being used to interrupt play and to waste time, Yes Fulham looking at you.

These changes are good, they certainly seem like they would be more beneficial to the flow of the game

21 minutes ago, davieG said:
German referee Patrick Ittrich has suggested making several changes to football's rules..
1) For a tactical foul in midfield, a free-kick should be awarded 17 metres from goal. How often will we see such fouls then?
2) If the player rolls on the floor three times and needs a doctor, get him one and make him wait on the sideline for 3 minutes. How quickly do you think the player would stand up?
3) If a player insults the referee, send them off for 10 minutes to calm down. Go cycling to warm up before coming back on. We can learn from handball in that respect.
4) How is a referee surrounded by 10 men after a decision? In my opinion, boom, boom, boom - three red cards. Play seven against ten now. That'd be fine by me.

Some sound ideas in amongst that, I would add all head injuries should mean a 3-5 wait before being allowed back on as it's clearly being used to interrupt play and to waste time, Yes Fulham looking at you.

All of these are great. Would seriously increase my interest in football if they were implemented worldwide.

• Like 1

Yes. Sure, it might mean chaos for a few weeks but players will learn. We are absolutely right to call out glaring errors by referees (sending the wrong Arsenal player off for handball sticks in my mind) but this surrounding the ref has to go. 

Shout at the ref/ touch him? Instant red. 

46 minutes ago, davieG said:

I've been calling for 3 of these for a while, so I am definitely on board. These are such simple changes to make and will benefit the game.

Every time a head injury occurs, a substitution should be made for 5 mins while the player is fully assessed. Similar to rugby.

• Like 1

If any representatives of Everton or Spurs happen to be reading this forum, whilst we'd clearly be disappointed to see him go I think we have an obligation to our manager to allow him to fulfil his potential and leave little old Leicester to join yourselves who one can only describe as sleeping giants of the PL. Although we'd be reluctant to sell I'm sure a fee of around £10m would secure his services. 

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

These changes are good, they certainly seem like they would be more beneficial to the flow of the game

1 hour ago, TJQuik said:

All of these are great. Would seriously increase my interest in football if they were implemented worldwide.

So you get clattered and then have to spend three minutes off the pitch cos you need treatment ????  Seems fair …….

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So you get clattered and then have to spend three minutes off the pitch cos you need treatment ????  Seems fair …….

If the foul results in a card, the player wouldn’t have to go off. Assuming they’d adopt the idea used when a physio/doctor comes on to treat an injured player.

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Normally no but with so many players over egging or faking any injury it’s ruining the game. Now automatic stoppage for head injuries has been introduced that’s being used to stop the game and waste time. We have to find a way to stop what is excessive gamesmanship.

3 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Romano is just as bad. I’m surprised more isn’t made of him unsettling players, he was right at it with Fofana in the summer 

Yep, I think that’s been the reasoning he’s not been as accurate as he used too. Clubs aren’t giving him info, it’s all agent talk he gets