Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

4 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Praying Chelsea win, unlikely as it is, so I can tell the anti Potter brigade on here that Potter is better than pep now because that's what winning a game of football means. 

Potter will be sacked soon enough and Man City are, in a ridiculous turn of events, much more likeable than chelsea 

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

Normally no but with so many players over egging or faking any injury it’s ruining the game. Now automatic stoppage for head injuries has been introduced that’s being used to stop the game and waste time. We have to find a way to stop what is excessive gamesmanship.

You can deal with the head injury by allowing the physio to come on automatically if there is a head injury and the phase of the game is allowed to continue (if it’s an attacking phase) beyond the injured player. As soon as the attack breaks down, the game is stopped. What happened on many occasions the other evening has to be addressed.  In addition, we need an independent timekeeper to keep track of the stoppage time due to any injury stoppage. 

I still don’t think it’s fair to make a player who has been fouled to leave the pitch for three minutes. Yellow card or not.  Definitely adding the time on will help. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You can deal with the head injury by allowing the physio to come on automatically if there is a head injury and the phase of the game is allowed to continue (if it’s an attacking phase) beyond the injured player. As soon as the attack breaks down, the game is stopped. What happened on many occasions the other evening has to be addressed.  In addition, we need an independent timekeeper to keep track of the stoppage time due to any injury stoppage. 

I still don’t think it’s fair to make a player who has been fouled to leave the pitch for three minutes. Yellow card or not.  Definitely adding the time on will help. 

Well a solution is needed allowing the game to continue could be for any injury. Definitely agree about the timekeeper.

Maybe if a player is injured by a foul the player fouling should go off until they return or are subbed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

On top of their interest in Fernandez, Chelsea have signed Badiashile for £35m. They seem to have an endless supply of cash. £70m Fofana a bit injured so just go out and blow another £35m on someone to replace him. Their transfer mistakes never seem to have any impact in terms of their future transfer budget or FFP. 

They gave him a longer contract to reduce the yearly impact against FFP, same as they did with Fofana and Cucurella. 

Fofana must be wondering about his future. Crocked and a new central defender incoming.

Likely he'll still have a career there but no doubt it'll be curtailed for a bit. He's far from the finished article and probably 3rd choice for a while.

Seen a fair few comments from the fans essentially turning their nose up at him too.

Potter seems to have very quickly abandoned his style to try and “fit in” at a big club.

You’d think Chelsea would suit 3-4-3/3-5-2 nicely with the players they have. He seemed to sack it off after a couple of games.

I know he said he wants to do both but they’ve been playing 4-3-3 for a while

now. 

Pressing is nowhere near as intense as at brighton either. 

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Potter seems to have very quickly abandoned his style to try and “fit in” at a big club.

You’d think Chelsea would suit 3-4-3/3-5-2 nicely with the players they have. He seemed to sack it off after a couple of games.

I know he said he wants to do both but they’ve been playing 4-3-3 for a while

now. 

Pressing is nowhere near as intense as at brighton either. 

This Chelsea side have turned into one of the most boring sides I have seen from a top 6 club! Pathetic 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davieG said:
German referee Patrick Ittrich has suggested making several changes to football's rules..
1) For a tactical foul in midfield, a free-kick should be awarded 17 metres from goal. How often will we see such fouls then?
2) If the player rolls on the floor three times and needs a doctor, get him one and make him wait on the sideline for 3 minutes. How quickly do you think the player would stand up?
3) If a player insults the referee, send them off for 10 minutes to calm down. Go cycling to warm up before coming back on. We can learn from handball in that respect.
4) How is a referee surrounded by 10 men after a decision? In my opinion, boom, boom, boom - three red cards. Play seven against ten now. That'd be fine by me.

Some sound ideas in amongst that, I would add all head injuries should mean a 3-5 wait before being allowed back on as it's clearly being used to interrupt play and to waste time, Yes Fulham looking at you.

I would make it 10 minutes for point 2. Give the doctor time to fully examine!

Just now, tom27111 said:

You have no idea how much I miss Riyad.

It's like divorcing the hottest woman in the world, having 2 beautiful kids with her, then never seeing any of them again lol

He had to be mardy about it too :(   Will we ever 'replace' him at this rate? :P