Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, Aus Fox said:

Since, I can’t think of anyone other that Haaland who I’ve even been nervous about. Didn’t Vardy himself get 9 around the time we beat Southampton 9-0 or did I make that up?

I think you're right, isn't Vardy like 3rd or 4th on the streak too? 9 rings a bell lol

What a man.

He's on the top 5 twice. But most importantly, leading it!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Shame how much someone like ziyech is wasted totally at Chelsea. 

Graham Potter was never ready to step up just yet. Can't manage big personalities yet clearly. A complete idealist as well

Chelsea look worse than us, if it weren't for individual talent they'd be near us! 

They really, really don't. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Vardy has hit at least 8 twice, only Van Nistelrooy has matched

I just went back and had a look at that second 8, his run finished at home to Norwich where our goal was his header that went down as a Kruel OG if that had been credited to him that would have been 9 and he scored again the next game against Man City. 
I think he then had a long injury lay off. 

• Like 3

7 games - Willock, Shearer, Adebayor, Aguerro, Henry, Wright and Stein

8 games - Nistelrooy, Vardy and Sturridge 

10 games - Nistelrooy

11 games - Vardy

For contrast;

Bundasliga - Muller - 16 games, Lewandowski - 15 games

Seria A - Batistuta / C Ronaldo - 11 games

Ligue 1 - Masnaghetti - 13 games

La Liga - Messi - 21 games

Edited by Sly

1 minute ago, Sly said:

10 games - Nistelrooy

11 games - Vardy

For contrast;

Seria A - Batistuta - 11 games

Any idea what the La Livs record is without Messi? That guy is on another planet to anyone else who has ever played the game.

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Any idea what the La Livs record is without Messi? That guy is on another planet to anyone else who has ever played the game.

Messi broke the record held by Teodor Peterek at 16 games. I’ll have a look and see. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sly said:

10 games - Nistelrooy

11 games - Vardy

For contrast;

Seria A - Batistuta / C Ronaldo - 11 games

21 games, wow! I wasn't aware of that record. 

The PL record being so difficult to beat at 10, although I still disagree that different seasons should count, was amazing by Vardy but to then do another 10 is phenomenal. A much used word when it comes to Messi though. 

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Man city are winning the league again aren't they.

I've always felt Arsenal might become a bit more vulnerable later in the season, especially if they get far in Thursday night football. But they have impressed me so far, and felt they have looked better since the WC break and there aren't many teams where you can say that.

• Like 1

9 injuries at Chelsea since Potter came in.

Remember a while back I mentioned Potter had sacked off strength and conditioning training at the Cobham and told players to do it on their own time if they wanted to.... 

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

They slotted nicely into our space haven't they. 

I wouldn't want to use that as an excuse though, they're scouting South America and parts of europe that never really interested us (which is a shame as they should have!)

There's been no reason why we shouldn't have been looking at France like we always have been the last two years, the only plausable explanation is BR and friends..... just look at the four links since Glover has come in! Two in France, one in Holland and one Skandi.... that's us! 

4 hours ago, davieG said:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says "Laurie @LFCLaurie Brighton are possibly getting £60m for Caicedo, after getting £50m for White, £62m for Cucurella and £25m for Bissouma, while they could probably sel Trossard, Mac Allister, Sanchez and Mitoma for big fees. They paid £59m for the 8 of them combined. Never seen scouting like it."

Brighton have spent years building a top scouting network -- and credibility among clubs and agents -- in South America.  They went where value could be found (i.e. outside of Brazil and Argentina).  Now they have a tremendous pipeline.

Our advantages in data-driven scouting were quickly adopted by others (Brighton also foremost among them) and became standard practice.  Brighton’s work will be harder to duplicate.

6 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

Yes and lets see what happens when they all leave

Thats the big test isnt it?

If you arent a massive club we are all aspiring to be a Dortmund and Atletico, two of the best 'selling' clubs in world football who just replace very well. 

5 hours ago, davieG said:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says "Laurie @LFCLaurie Brighton are possibly getting £60m for Caicedo, after getting £50m for White, £62m for Cucurella and £25m for Bissouma, while they could probably sel Trossard, Mac Allister, Sanchez and Mitoma for big fees. They paid £59m for the 8 of them combined. Never seen scouting like it."

You can’t keep that up forever though. Southampton used to do it brilliantly, then we did, now Brighton do.

Eventually you sign 2 or 3 duds or players run down their contracts and the whole thing unravels.

I’d be very surprised if Brighton aren’t really struggling like Southampton and ourselves in 2 or 3 seasons time.

• Like 3