Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

57 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Thats the big test isnt it?

If you arent a massive club we are all aspiring to be a Dortmund and Atletico, two of the best 'selling' clubs in world football who just replace very well. 

Benfica are pretty good at it too. 

31 minutes ago, Sampson said:

You can’t keep that up forever though. Southampton used to do it brilliantly, then we did, now Brighton do.

Eventually you sign 2 or 3 duds or players run down their contracts and the whole thing unravels.

I’d be very surprised if Brighton aren’t really struggling like Southampton and ourselves in 2 or 3 seasons time.

Ultimately I think Brighton are much more switched on at the highest possible levels than ourselves or Southampton ever were and can see it being sustained for a good while. I'd be amazed if they're struggling in 2/3 seasons tbh.

50 minutes ago, Sampson said:

You can’t keep that up forever though. Southampton used to do it brilliantly, then we did, now Brighton do.

Eventually you sign 2 or 3 duds or players run down their contracts and the whole thing unravels.

I’d be very surprised if Brighton aren’t really struggling like Southampton and ourselves in 2 or 3 seasons time.

Southampton were really good at recruiting better players than what they sold, similar to us, but for the past two/three seasons their recruitment has been so poor. Reminds me the way we're heading, last two summer's have been a mess. I don't know if Brighton will be struggling but I'll be amazed if they carry on recruiting as well as they are doing. There's only so long clubs like us/Southampton/Brighton can carry on selling quality.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

we could really do with everton finding a way to beat man u in the fa cup tonight.  keep frank in the job and get a big dog out the cup. 

I'd prefer Frank was sacked and Everton came pleading and begging to take Rodgers from us

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Southampton were really good at recruiting better players than what they sold, similar to us, but for the past two/three seasons their recruitment has been so poor. Reminds me the way we're heading, last two summer's have been a mess. I don't know if Brighton will be struggling but I'll be amazed if they carry on recruiting as well as they are doing. There's only so long clubs like us/Southampton/Brighton can carry on selling quality.

Thank god we haven’t got anyone here from Their recruitment team…

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

The problem for all clubs of that size is bigger clubs don’t just come for your players, they come for the backroom staff. Brighton has been pillaged recently - Chelsea being the most for it 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Benfica are pretty good at it too. 

Thing is all three of them clubs are regularly CL appearance makers. They can pay their scouts etc the same as anyone elsewhere - it gets tougher where a club simply can’t afford to be paying high wages to non playing footballing staff  

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

The problem for all clubs of that size is bigger clubs don’t just come for your players, they come for the backroom staff. Brighton has been pillaged recently - Chelsea being the most for it 

Yes. You cannot keep doing the same thing forever because the richest won't let you.

We have made mistakes but at some point our best people in all areas would be taken away.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I'd prefer Frank was sacked and Everton came pleading and begging to take Rodgers from us

Everton aren't going to go for an ex Liverpool man again. We really need Frank to stay and keep up the 'good' work at Everton. Or we risk running out of teams worse than us, it's a bloody short list already!

Romeo Beckham has joined Brentford B on loan for 6 months.

Given the importance they place on their B team you could argue this might be slightly more than a PR stunt, he’s done pretty well for Inter Miami reserves.

Interesting move anyway. Thought after he was released by Arsenal he might sack the following his dad thing off! 

1 minute ago, Manini said:

Is that basically just their U21s? 

Yes and no… they don’t join a league but play teams all over UK/Europe in regular friendlies. 

They’re in the Premier League cup this year too. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, AjcW said:

Yes and no… they don’t join a league but play teams all over UK/Europe in regular friendlies. 

They’re in the Premier League cup this year too. 

Sounds like a good idea that, imagine you learn a lot playing foreign teams at that age. 

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

Sounds like a good idea that, imagine you learn a lot playing foreign teams at that age. 

Definitely! A lot of the time the games are friendlies against the first teams too. For whatever reason. Behind closed doors type situations. 

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

Orsic signs for Southampton:

Reported €8 million only seen his goal against Morocco haven't seen much more of him other than that. €6 million + €2 Million bonuses.

Edited by Beachyboy

21 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Reported €8 million only seen his goal against Morocco haven't seen much more of him other than that. €6 million + €2 Million bonuses.

His goal scoring record is pretty average, can’t see him doing a massive amount in a very poor side