Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

57 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Surely if you think he was a mid-table manager at a mid-table club his choice to take the gig at one of the biggest clubs in the world is a no brainer?

You're making logical leaps. Where in my post I questioned his PERSONAL choice? I questioned his choice from my point of view. There's a big difference there. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

You're making logical leaps. Where in my post I questioned his PERSONAL choice? I questioned his choice from my point of view. There's a big difference there. 

I can rephrase but I'd essentially be posing the same question – if you have him as a mid-table manager why would you question his choice to move? If you don't rate him surely you can see the appeal of making hay while the sun shines and taking a chance that mightn't come round again if he's decidedly average.

I'd sort of understand if you thought his stock would eventually rise higher than a Chelsea-in-chaos had he stayed at Brighton but you don't seem to think he's all that good? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I can rephrase but I'd essentially be posing the same question – if you have him as a mid-table manager why would you question his choice to move? If you don't rate him surely you can see the appeal of making hay while the sun shines and taking a chance that mightn't come round again if he's decidedly average.

I'd sort of understand if you thought his stock would eventually rise higher than a Chelsea-in-chaos had he stayed at Brighton but you don't seem to think he's all that good? 

What I'm saying comes from a personal verdict that he's just a decent manager for teams hovering between 7th-10th table position. I have the same opinion for Howe and I believe that if Newcastle want to challenge top 4 they'll need another manager. I might be wrong for both. Time will tell. 

Jones getting universal pelters from fans, pundits and media - he’s had 7 games

Potter getting universal pelters from fans, pundits and media - he’s had 19 games.

Moyes - In Europe two season in a row, LC Quarter Finals, EL Semi Finals, Still in the ECL - Round of 16 - getting universal pelters from fans, pundits and media.

Lampard - hmm, can’t really make a case for him tbf.

I still can’t get my head around why it’s ok and accepted all those managers jobs are being questioned yet pundits or media dare not even discuss Rodgers’ job being under threat.

For 2.5 years we’ve pretty much told to shut up and patient, give him time, excuse after excuse being made for him, even more recently when results haven’t been there for a sustained amount of time and we’ve been struggling we’re continued to be told that.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Jones getting universal pelters from fans, pundits and media - he’s had 7 games

Potter getting universal pelters from fans, pundits and media - he’s had 19 games.

Moyes - In Europe two season in a row, LC Quarter Finals, EL Semi Finals, Still in the ECL - Round of 16 - getting universal pelters from fans, pundits and media.

Lampard - hmm, can’t really make a case for him tbf.

I still can’t get my head around why it’s ok and accepted all those managers jobs are being question yet pundits or media dare not even discuss Rodgers’ job being under threat.

Maybe, because there is a grand total of zero trophies between the lot of them. To be fair, Moyes doesn’t appear to be getting too much, and when I’ve heard West Ham supporters question his position in the same way Rodgers is questioned by our supporters he gets the same backing BR gets.

Lampard has been pathetic everywhere he has been.

Potter has gone to one of the biggest clubs in the country and they are struggling - this is always going to be spoken about more than us.

Jones, I feel for as he’s only just arrived into a poor squad. Buy their fans turned on him straight away - when the fans are loud in the stadium it is always highlighted more in the media.

Finally, there are more and more media reports highlighting the trouble Brendan is in.

• Like 1